Montreal School Shooting

HAZBEENHAZBEEN 564 Posts
edited September 2006 in Strut Central
Happened a couple hours ago. About a mile from my office. The streets are mad with SWAT team & police.http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/13092006/2/na...al-college.htmlDetails are sketchy - there are 2 repoted dead & 5 in critical condition. I'm seeing a lot of ambulances & people are telling me that there are bloodied up folks in the street.peaceh

Comments

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    Welcome to the Terrordome, Canada.

• Welcome to the Terrordome, Canada.

This is my town's 3rd school shooting in about 15-20 years. The worst one resulted in 14 women killed. There was one at Concordia where 4 profs were murdered

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts

the gunmen has been "neutralized"

yo delay show some tact with the graemlin

One of my sisters friends ws shot at and was able to run away

this is like columbine and the school is downtown

6 Critically injured, 10 seriously

RIP

jesus fucking christ...this fucking world we live in

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    A gunman in a black trench coat opened fire Wednesday in the cafeteria of a Montreal college and wounded at least 12 people ??? six critically ??? before shooting himself, witnesses and authorities said.

"We all ran upstairs. There were cops firing. It was so crazy," Vastava said. "I was terrified. The guy was shooting at people randomly. He didn't care he was just shooting at everybody. I just got out."

"He was shooting randomly, I didn't know what he was shooting at, but everyone was screaming get out of the building," Boyer said. "Everybody was in tears. Everybody was so worried for their own safety for their own lives."

nothing really to joke about here. I hope all that are hurt get well

• crazy

• RIP

RIP to who? The shooter?

• RIP

RIP to who? The shooter?

I think there were ther fatalities besides the shooter, but things are still not clear. There might be up to 16 shot, 3 dead?, & a possible 2nd shooter at large. Dawson is a massive building (my alma mater). Its still being checked by the Police.

• I hate hearing about this kinda stuff, really upsetting news.

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    I remember the one from the early 90's. You wonder if this one is a copycat killing too. Such terrible terrible news, sigh

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    yo delay show some tact with the graemlin
    Yeah man, sorry. that was insensative. i hope everyone is ok.

my german house guests last weekend made some really obnoxious 911 comments, and i've really been reeling since. that's no excuse for my response. again... i'm sorry.

• so sad...why? i love mtl. i feel for all of you.

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    http://www.cbc.ca/clips/rm-lo/wood-dawson060913.rm

looked like total chaos, I'm afraid of the aftermath. The mental scars will not be easy to wash away. I do recall several students committing suicide post ecole polytechnicqe massacre.

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    Why? How one person can be so utterly selfish is beyond me.
    I hope folks make it through this.

• Wow, the newspaper has some more details today, and more written about the killer. He was into Goth ish & maintained a profile on a goth website with some photos:

http://vampirefreaks.com/gallery.php?u=fatality666

The killer is posing with his rifle & stuff. Its crazy that you can buy a gun like that. WTF.

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts

Oh man, that seems almost too stereotypical. Loner goth/metal head with a taste for weapons. How long before the media begins analyzing his cd collection for hidden messages?

Sad news. Thoughts go out to everyone affected by this.

• Wow, utter disbelief here. Man had no self-respect, much less any ounce of respect for others. How society cultivates such mindless individuals is truly beyond me. My heart truly goes out to all those touched by this tragedy.

• Oh man, that seems almost too stereotypical. Loner goth/metal head with a taste for weapons. How long before the media begins analyzing his cd collection for hidden messages?

Sad news. Thoughts go out to everyone affected by this.

there's something strange about those last pictures on his page.. those ones that were taken supposedly right before the shooting (the ones where hes wearing the trench coat and holding the rifle saying "ready to go")... what's strange is: those pictures were taken by another person... the angle changes a few times and you can tell it's not a tripod or anything... i don't think he could've taken those pics himself. in other words, someone knew what he was gonna do and didn't warn authorities... or maybe there WERE 2 people shooting... hard to tell... but somethings not right there.

i could be totally wrong.. but it's just the impression i got. the camera looks like it was being held pretty high up and not resting on a desk or something.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    How society cultivates such mindless individuals is truly beyond me.

really? how or why?

the students were so articulate, describing it all step by step - how anyone could string a sentence together after that is beyond me. one interview with a mother and father who could not find their daughter was heart-breaking.

• How society cultivates such mindless individuals is truly beyond me.

really? how or why?

It was more or less rhetorical - I'm sure we could go on and on about the various causes that lead someone to a shooting spree, ie.: playing a Columbine-inspired RPG game, a fascination with semi-automatic weapons, and living in a situation with parents who don't really have any idea what is going on with you. And regarding the Columbine-inspired video game, censors should be ALL over that one. Totally disgusting, along with internet mail-order gun dealers. Truly sub-humanly despicable.

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    A point of reference, for non Canadians, or Canadians that were too young to remember.

ecole polytechnique massacre