MPC storage question (ZIP related)

prof_rockwellprof_rockwell 2,867 Posts
edited May 2005 in Strut Central
So I'm researching upgrading from my 100MB Zip drive for my MPC, and I know they make a 250 and 750MB SCSI drive, but did Iomega ever make an EXTERNAL 750MB SCSI zip drive? (I've only found internal ones so far)...or is 250MB the highest they made for their external scsi drives?

Oh, and are JAZ drives compatable with the MPC 2000? (NOT XL)

thanx

Comments

• RaystarRaystar 1,106 Posts
    sayerin', these boys know it all.

• Sun_FortuneSun_Fortune 1,374 Posts
    Jaz drives are comaptible, but I would not recomend one. I use one myself and have started to notice old disks not reading. Also they were found to be unstable and I know Iomega got sued over them because they do lose data.

• funky16cornersfunky16corners 7,175 Posts
    Buy a CD Burner....

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    A friend of mine is installing a 9-in-1 card reader into the slot of his MPC. Anyone got any experience with this?

• blaqsoulblaqsoul 61 Posts
    I put a card reader in mine, more reliable and higher capacity than zips, faster (if you invest in fast cards 32x+ ) and quieter too.
    Just like this one...

I still use a SCSI hard drive for long-term storage and back that up to CDs/DVDs periodically.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    I put a card reader in mine, more reliable and higher capacity than zips, faster (if you invest in fast cards 32x+ ) and quieter too.
    Just like this one...

I still use a SCSI hard drive for long-term storage and back that up to CDs/DVDs periodically.

How hard was it to install that? I've been contemplating going that route for a minute.

• blaqsoulblaqsoul 61 Posts
    it went pretty quickly. If you've already got an internal zip it's an even swap. The only problem was getting the right SCSI ID / dipswitch settings on the drive. There were no guides when I did mine and I couldn't find a manual so it took a little longer. I think the ATAPI ones are even easier.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    I use a JAZ drive, N*****. wurks great.

• prof_rockwellprof_rockwell 2,867 Posts
    Buy a CD Burner....

problem is, I don't think the old school MPC2K is compatible with CD burners.

T** - how is it finding disks for the JAZ? It doesn't look like IOMEGA makes the drives anymore...