Bob Dylan ipod comercial

2»

Comments

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    The guy does an interview ripping digital recording and now he's in an ipod comercial? Dressed like a gay cowboy to boot!

The people hero has fallin! (really he's been falling for a while, but he final hit the bed of rocks at the bottom.)

Actually, I think his statement was more or less directed at how most music these days simply sounds like shit to him, and he was chalking it up to digital recording techniques.

Shit, if I had a nickel for every time someone on this forum cried about how shit was better 'back in the day' (that being like between '92-'97 for most of you kids) I would be rich, so why is it any huge deal when an old hand like Dylan squawks about it?

And what the hell does that have to do with selling his new album? You really think that he does much more than meet with his management and says, 'what the fuck, gotta do something, Apple made a good offer and the kids love them iPods'? What kind of asshole even worries about 'selling out' these days? What relevance does that phrase have in this day and age?

and the day any of you armchair quarterbacks ever produce anything as musically or socially relevant as even the most abyssmal tossed-off, lazy, un-inspired track off of any of Dylan's many bad records, I'll shit ice cream.

• GnatGnat 1,183 Posts
    Okay, so question: Does anybody else have an unnatural reverence to RAJ's "thread post voice" like me? I just caught it when I read:

I've always hated Dylan

and there it was, booming between my ear drums like a tripped out inner monologue in Charleton Heston's voice. I didn't know what to do. At first I was frightened. And then I said, "No, gNAT, surely there are others who feel this way."

So the question is: do you also feel this way or shall I seek professional help.

By the way. I love Dylan. He does appear to be something of a musical anachronism trying to dress in modern gay cowboy attire when he promotes iPOD. But hey, give the guy a break. He's from a different time and did the majority of his work in that time. I say he gets cred for trying and shit, still livin. Guys got some seriously stubborn genes.

Daed si Jar.

• What kind of asshole even worries about 'selling out' these days? What relevance does that phrase have in this day and age?

• I think Bob Dylan has earned the right to do whatever the fuck he wants.

I think it was said on here before, but when you dis bob dylan you dis yourself.

haha

• When you dis bob dylan, you dis a generation of whiny baby boomer bohemian self-adulators.

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
    Do not dis Bob Dylan. He invented Rap Music.