Bob Dylan ipod comercial

volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
edited September 2006 in Strut Central
The guy does an interview ripping digital recording and now he's in an ipod comercial? Dressed like a gay cowboy to boot! The people hero has fallin! (really he's been falling for a while, but he final hit the bed of rocks at the bottom.)

Comments

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    I always hated Dylan.

• Dressed like a gay cowboy to boot!

Do you know a lot of gay cowboys?

And...uh, can you introduce me?

• i was thinking this too. he cried all about digital killing music, and how there hasnt been a good recordrecorded in 20 years, then he goes and sells out to ipod.
    i always thought he kind of sucked though anyway so whatever.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    The only Dylan that really counts:

b/w

Who needs a new avatar?

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
    I love his comedy! I still have a VHS of him playing Like A Rolling Stone for the Letterman 10th year special on NBC. The all star band kick ass (Tower of Power, Chrisie Hind, Steve Via, Roseanne Cash, Michelle Shocked to name a few), but Dylan was just drunk and pilld' up as fuck. Barely standing up, sluring the lyrics like crazy, sort of half ass stumming the guitar every 30 seconds. I have to watch it every couple years just for the whole train wreck appeal. Never owned a single one of his song!

Dressed like a gay cowboy to boot!

I lived in Seattle, you can't throw a rock with out hitting a gay stereo type. I know you know that I know that you know! The real Dan wouldn't have to ask!

• The past 3 Dylan albums including this latest one have all been great.

I pretty much ignore anything Dylan-related said on this forum after the majority of posters admitted to preferring Donovan to Dylan in a thread last year.

• I think Bob Dylan has earned the right to do whatever the fuck he wants.

The past 3 albums including this one have all been great.

I pretty much ignore anything Dylan-related said on this forum after the majority of posters admitted to preferring Donovan to Dylan in a thread last year.

That's cuz Donovan has boom click quater note shuffle boom bap beat we all prefer.

I think it was said on here before, but when you dis bob dylan you dis yourself.

I think Bob Dylan has earned the right to do whatever the fuck he wants.

Spend 10 years putting out some protect music and flipping off the man, then spend 36 years in a drunking pill poping haze and you've earned something????

I lived in Seattle, you can't throw a rock with out hitting a gay stereo type. I know you know that I know that you know! The real Dan wouldn't have to ask!

Well see I do have to ask. Contrary to what you straight boys seem to think, the closest any of the gays I know, and the gays they know, ever get to a cowboy is on pride weekend with the whole chaps get up.

I'm looking for a man with the looks of Jake Gyllenhaal, minus the hollywood, plus some stubble, who can rope, kill, cut, and cook a cow and is as queer as a three dollar bill.

If somewhere in your world of gay stereotypes you can find this man for me, I'll be your best friend (and everyone needs a gay best friend - it gets you chicks).

Spend 10 years putting out some protect music and flipping off the man, then spend 36 years in a drunking pill poping haze and you've earned something????

YOU DON'T KNOW DYLAN AND YOU DON'T KNOW THE TRUE.

• then he goes and sells out to ipod.

Sells out. Haha. You're right. Time to throw in the towel, Bob. No one is ever gonna love ya doing things your way, time to give up and join the digital age. Maybe now you'll become famous. Time will tell...

• get the fuk outta here. im just saying he is a hypocrite for doing that commerical if his personal beliefs differ. Apple gave him a fat check and he "sold out" his opinions and beliefs.

• Yo, Im not the biggest Dylan fan either. I just acknowledge the mans contribution to music.

James Brown, Willie Nelson, Bob Dylan, etc, these guys in my mind can do anything they want now without losing any respect from me (because of what they've done in the past).

• i hear you. im not debating that though. he has legendary status, and will be respected way after hes gone. Im not a fan at all. I think he is some whiney dork, but he is still is a musical legend.

• I always hated Dylan.

Yo, Im not the biggest Dylan fan either. I just acknowledge the mans contribution to music.

James Brown, Willie Nelson, Bob Dylan, etc, these guys in my mind can do anything they want now without losing any respect from me (because of what they've done in the past).

Jeez let's add Whitney and Bobby to that list.........

Willie is the only repectable person there. Still kicks out a good show, keeps a positive attitude, worse thing he's done is miss some tax payments and who cares.

James, legend yes, ill founder of the funk, yes, wife beater, yes, crack head, yes, some one I respect, no

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts
    I lost all respect for this man when I saw him on the TV some years ago, in the vatican, playing for the fucking pope.

What a joke!

• get the fuk outta here. im just saying he is a hypocrite for doing that commerical if his personal beliefs differ. Apple gave him a fat check and he "sold out" his opinions and beliefs.

All he said was that old records sound better than new ones...I'm surprised this is a controversial opinion on Soul Strut.

• James, legend yes, ill founder of the funk, yes, wife beater, yes, crack head, yes, some one I respect, no

I see what you're saying. I don't respect JB as a dude either. What Im saying is, No matter what these dudes do in the music industry today (not at home or whatever), but in the music industry I WILL EXCUSE no matter how embarrassing because their past contributions, to music, have been great enough.

James, legend yes, ill founder of the funk, yes, wife beater, yes, crack head, yes, some one I respect, no

I see what you're saying. I don't respect JB as a dude either. What Im saying is, No matter what these dudes do in the music industry today (not at home or whatever), but in the music industry I WILL EXCUSE no matter how embarrassing because their past contributions, to music, have been great enough.

Yea, and I don't have a problem with people making money, I just the 2 events (interview...comercial) we're humerously close together. I don't care if you want to make money off the "establishment" jsut don't try to diss is liek your not.

It's like that Mobey shit, "oh well they just would have used someone else's song anyhow, and I'm going to use the money for good". Yea, right Mobey....you're using the money for fasion glasses and the weekly 'I'm not going bald I just like the look' head shave.

Dressed like a gay cowboy to boot!

Well see I do have to ask. Contrary to what you straight boys seem to think, the closest any of the gays I know, and the gays they know, ever get to a cowboy is on pride weekend with the whole chaps get up.

I'm looking for a man with the looks of Jake Gyllenhaal, minus the hollywood, plus some stubble, who can rope, kill, cut, and cook a cow and is as queer as a three dollar bill.

If somewhere in your world of gay stereotypes you can find this man for me, I'll be your best friend (and everyone needs a gay best friend - it gets you chicks).

Nice! I have a gay best friend and I get my own chicks!

I wouldn't think it would be hard to find a gay cowboy, I mean, they spend all that time alone with other dudes on the prarie...seems like it would be harder to find a straight one.
    Isn't there one in the Village People?

The last 10 years Dylan has been a touring machine working his ass off because he loves it. He has also released 3 solid albums in a row and produced the last 2. Dude isn't in a pill popping haze - and he can do whatever the fuck he wants. He's still one of the great song writers of any generation.

• I think it was said on here before, but when you dis bob dylan you dis yourself.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    I think he is some whiney dork, but he is still is a musical legend.

This is easily the most ridiculous statement I've read today. That, and you calling me an "asswipe."