Verizon Wireless

edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
edited September 2006 in Strut Central
CAN EAT SH%T !!!!!!!!!PLAESE TO RECOMMEND A REPLACEMENT FOR THESE MONEY HUNGRY C*CK SUCKER BASTARDS

Comments

• They're all money hungery bastards. What about MetroPCS? I used to use them before I switched to verizon. Their coverage sucked and nobody ever got any of the text messages I would send but at least there was no contract and no taxes to pay on it.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    Verizon is on some whole other shit ......

They are far better than anyone else when it comes to reception,coverage,text ....i get excellent reception everywhere .....but their customer service is bullshit ...i've been a customer since the "Air Touch" days ...10 years + ...and they treating me like shit.....they're trying to fuck me with my PDA billing

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    All telecom companies[/b] CAN EAT SH%T !!!!!!!!!

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

They are far better than anyone else when it comes to reception,coverage,text ....i get excellent reception everywhere .....but their customer service is bullshit ...i've been a customer since the "Air Touch" days ...10 years + ...and they treating me like shit.....they're trying to fuck me with my PDA billing

I went in 2 days ago to replace my phone which I've had for about 4 months and gave me issues since day one. Before going in I gave them a call about my issues and they said come on in and we'll go ahead and replace your phone since its under warranty.

so I step in there and overpaid minimum wage girl behind the counter tells me that they aren't going to do anything and disputed the idea that I spoke to someone on the phone before I came in. She said the problem with your phone isn't covered by the warranty and I should see if I can get an old phone from a friend or family member.

Fuck them and that bullshit service commercial campaign they've been running for the last few months

• theory9theory9 1,128 Posts

I went in 2 days ago to replace my phone which I've had for about 4 months and gave me issues since day one. Before going in I gave them a call about my issues and they said come on in and we'll go ahead and replace your phone since its under warranty.

so I step in there and overpaid minimum wage girl behind the counter tells me that they aren't going to do anything and disputed the idea that I spoke to someone on the phone before I came in. She said the problem with your phone isn't covered by the warranty and I should see if I can get an old phone from a friend or family member.

Fuck them and that bullshit service commercial campaign they've been running for the last few months

on them...

• I got a couple good records from Diplo's "Verizon Is Evil" ebay auction several years ago.

• The last time I went to the Verizon Wireless store I was asking about a special on a certain phone and the salesperson told me, "Sorry, that's an internet-only special."

I said, "So you're going to turn down a paying customer standing right in front of you and assume that I'm going to drive all the way home, log on to my computer, and order a phone I could buy right here in 10 minutes?"

I'm not in sales but there's something really fucked up about that.

• theory9theory9 1,128 Posts
    You don't have to be in sales to know that's fucked up.

i have a $2500 bill i can't do anything about....

they are basically calling me a liar ..either pay it or fuck me

words can't describe how pissed i am right now

• man FUCK verizon. The less money I give them the better. I've moved a lot of my business not even for savings, just out of spite.

• Jebus dude, that's quite the level of fucked up.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    i have a $2500 bill i can't do anything about....

time to get Lawstrut involved in this

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    just wait for FIOS.

i'm leaning towards T-Mobile

not really feelin the Sidekick though

Sprint has the Treo but i've been told Sprint has terrible reception

• choosing a phone company is like choosing the lesser of many evils. I got fed up with T-Mobile and now switched to Verizon. So far better signal, but I'm sure their support system is multi-tiered just like everybody else, making it impossible to get anywhere.

• i have a $2500 bill i can't do anything about....

whoa and i thought my 600+ bill was out there, your's is truly

Just e-mailed these assholes a letter with a bunch of big words and shit

now i wait..................

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    I heard Verizon does cable now??

There are ads for an all inclusive Cable, Phone, DSL for your soul! Can't imagine if you did cel service on top of that = Your paycheck goes to Verizon!

• I am just waiting to snatch my DSL away from Verizon. Time Warner's business cable is more expensive... but if I can find a business[/b] cable option for $75 or less I am gone.

Verizon took thousands of dollars from me over the course of one year, treated me so bad and did so many sneaky, downright dishonest things that I paid $300 just to get out of my contract - which would've expired in two months. I made up the difference in the savings with Vonage.

• Rule number one whenever you are dealing with any of these phone companies, call up their customer service line and tell them you are quitting. As soon as you do that you will have someone on the phone ready to try and fix whatever issues you have.

I went to the sprint store to get a new phone after mine was falling apart. I had the phone for over 1.5 years (the previous lenght of time you ahd to keep the phone to get the new customer deals). I walked in and the guy said he could only give me $75 off a new phone because they raised the length of time to 2 years... bullshit. I asked him the same as was noted above about losing a sale and he said there was nothing he could do.

I called sprint cust. service to cancel and the person on the other end immediately gave me the new customer deal, waived the new activation fee on te new phone and even lowered my base monthly charge. They overnighted the phone and I had it the next day.

Its the only way to get any custoemr service out of them.

• man FUCK verizon. The less money I give them the better. I've moved a lot of my business not even for savings, just out of spite.

As have I. I can't wait til my cell phone contract runs out. As for wirelss internet, I go through some other provider that's like $8 more per month just to say 'fuck you' to Verizon.

• 33 - believe it or not, I was paying $200/month and they tried to charge me $300 to install a fax on the line. Not a new line - just making the pre-existing line capable of accepting faxes. I told them that if they could not add fax capability for under $100 I would cancel my contract. They told me literally to go ahead and cancel, and even had the nerve to say "most customers come back after they realize the difference in service."

My business might not be worth a lot compared to a big corporation but hell, I don't need to take that shit.

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts
    i'm leaning towards T-Mobile

not really feelin the Sidekick though

Sprint has the Treo but i've been told Sprint has terrible reception

T-Mobile reception sucks, but I've had OK dealings with the billing dept. The amount of minutes helps make up for it too.

• 33 - believe it or not, I was paying $200/month and they tried to charge me $300 to install a fax on the line. Not a new line - just making the pre-existing line capable of accepting faxes. I told them that if they could not add fax capability for under $100 I would cancel my contract. They told me literally to go ahead and cancel, and even had the nerve to say "most customers come back after they realize the difference in service."

My business might not be worth a lot compared to a big corporation but hell, I don't need to take that shit.

Damn that's crazy. I was more talking in reference to my personal cell phone, with quitting your plan. Honestly we went with Vonage for our company phone system only becaue it was dirt cheap. The service was crap at first but has gotten better, and the fact that its free national long distance and their overseas long distance is super low, the bill is cheap. Plus we autpmatically got a seperate faxline. The downside was we had to get a seperate line at the store for cc transactions but since its dedicated to that its cheap... something like $12 a month.

but yeh overall cell phone providers all suck.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    I am just waiting to snatch my DSL away from Verizon.

I just switched my internet over to Time Warner from Verizon. And I am happier knowing that I could use the internet at all times.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    i've had no problem with t-mobile or cingular's service and reception has been fine but i'm sure it's different in your location.

my sister had some horror story where verizon took $500 out of her checking account automatically to pay for an incorrectly processed bill. she had several auto-pay things bounce because of that and it took them several months to fix it. after all of that, it happened AGAIN and she had to go through the same shit.

i like cingular a lot because i pay my bill late as fuck and they never cut me off or charge ridiculous late fees. when i was with sprint they would cut me off after like a day or two and those fuckers started charging like five bucks per customer service call (i dont know if they still do that)

on the real though, all of these companies have so many customers that shit don't really matter if you leave so service don't have to be good. how did they say you racked up 2500 in charges though?

• edpowers I feel your pain!

I've had problems with both T-mobile (when it was Voice Stream) and Verizon who I'm currently with. T-mobile misbilled me by $600 (twice!) and it took two years to resolve, countless faxes, and calls. They made me jump through ridiculous hoops to "prove" my case, and in the end, awarded me $200 and some change. Needless to say, i'm not doing business with them ever again.

Verizon is cool as far as reception, but the promotions are misleading, and customer service sucks. I had the same situation with the broken phone and completely useless service at one of their small mall stores. I suggest trying to take your phone to one of their service centers. Even after the mall girl claimed my situation was hopeless, one stop at one of these main service stores (who have techs on hand) and my problem was painlessly solved in 10 minutes. What bothers me most about Verizon though is the completely misleading language of "IN-calling" and "IN-texting." It's a complete gaffle, but like others have said, i'm assuming most cell companies operate similarly.

We already have Time Warner digital cable and internet and are about to try the Digital Phone service (free long distance to Canada and the US) next week. Anyone, try it yet?

• reskresk 391 Posts
    ive had ok customer service with verizon in the past, sometimes good, sometimes bad.

ive had them for like 6 years now.....between living in 4 diffrent cities and probably 6 diffrent places to live, theyve actually provided fair reception in each of my places i lived in. they definitley arent the cheapest as far as plans go, but i cant leave cause of the reliablity.

• Options

They probably charged you for data usage when they weren't supposed to. I'm guessing that you paid for a data plan (you wrote you have a PDA), assumed you had unlimited usage, but when the bill came they fucked up and didn't put it in correctly.

The same thing happened to me the first month I had my Treo, the kid in the store who reorganized my plan fucked it up and I got charged for all of the data usage. It also came to around 2500 bucks in my case. I called customer service and everything got taken care of, someone corrected it and even called me back the next month to make sure my next bill was sent correctly as well.

Also, if you have a data phone don't be surprised if you bring it into a store for service and they can't help you. I was out in a rainstorm working with mine in my pocket, it was messed up, I brought it in and they told me for data phones you have to call a certain number and sometimes send the phone in. I sent mine in and got a refurbished one as a replacement which actually worked better than the original.

Some of you know I work for Verizon, Verizon Wireless is a different company entirely. I do fiberoptics, the FIOS service that someone mentioned earlier.

Jonny-- I've been curious how that switch to Vonage has been working out. There's been a lot of complaints lately from people who use internet lines for their phone service of a noticable drop in quality of the sound and transmission. Guess where the blame is coming from? YOUTUBE!!! The increase in people using YouTube all day long is causing a massive increase in data traffic which disrupts the transmission of telephone signals over the same lines. Are you having any problems like that?

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    every single cell phone company sucks ass.