HOW DO YOU VIEW DIET SODA DRINKERS?

13»

Comments

• coselmedcoselmed 1,114 Posts
    I wish people would use the internet to research things other than their conspiracy theories.

You're right - I think the evidence speaks for itself:

it produced microscopic holes and tumors in the brains of experimental mice, epileptic seizures in monkeys, and was converted by animals into dangerous substances, including formaldehyde

Even if there isn't proof either way, I'm inclined to NOT want to put a chemical sugar replacement into my body regardless.

What am I supposed to extrapolate from animal data? Aspartame has withstood repeated testing in humans and some of the longest scrutiny in history regarding its safety. I wish more pharmaceuticals would undergo such rigorous testing.

I'd like to see some source materials for those statements.

Its never been disputed that aspartame fucked up those poor little labrats

Thats where the "it would take 5 lbs to give you cancer" stuff comes from, correct?

The statements I'm referring to are the author's retelling of the FDA's insistence on making this substance publicly available and Searle's involvement. Anyone can find statements to support their position; I wonder if he used media reports or the actual transcripts from the hearings? I am assuming the former, which makes it a lot less credible.

• emyndemynd 830 Posts
    Gwen Stefani's voice puts microscopic holes in my brain.

Gwen Stefani's voice puts microscopic holes in my brain.

That's bananas!

• dCastillodCastillo 1,963 Posts
    i think all soda drinkers are assholes.

• I find the hostility in this thread totally bizarre.

Seriously. What the fuck do you guys care about what other people drink?

All I can say is fuck whoever invented sodas. Totally addictive and completely destructive to your body. And so hard to give up once you're hooked. Just like cigarettes.

I've started drinking diet soda. I ain't trying to impress nobody. It's one small thing I can do to lessen the beating I give to my body everyday.

• emyndemynd 830 Posts
    What the fuck do you guys care about what other people drink?

Just don't eat any dog shit and you should be ok.

-e

• Good advice.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    I find the hostility in this thread totally bizarre.

All I can say is fuck whoever invented sodas. Totally addictive and completely destructive to your body. And so hard to give up once you're hooked. Just like cigarettes.

Right on D***, I am trying to limit my soda consumption after years of rotting my teeth and caffeine highs. Ugh. Cosign for the inventors of candy and other sweets, too.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts

http://www.popsoda.com is where you can order a few bottles if you're not near a store that may stock them.

Or I can walk across the street, buy a couple bottles and send you some.

Herm

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    or Grown and Sexy?

Diet Soda Drinkers have no life.

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts

Word! I know I should kick coffee and soda but I just can't bring myself to it. I don't smoke so I need some type of vice.

• KARLITOKARLITO 991 Posts
    I need some type of vice.
    I'm a firm believer that everyone needs a vice or 2. It keeps life interesting.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    I need some type of vice.
    I'm a firm believer that everyone needs a vice or 2. It keeps life interesting.

haha. you may be correct sir.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    ECAEP...

I think this signature works much better for you.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    i think all soda drinkers are assholes.

Can a photoshop wiz please make that smiling husky in the avatar say that?

Or is it a samoyed?

• oxnardcoreoxnardcore 141 Posts

correct me if i'm wrong, but isn't Diet Coke made with sucralose (Splenda) now, and not aspartame? My girlfriend's family used to be all about Splenda, but her dad saw one bad report on it and now they're back to nutrasweet...

ah the power of the newsbyte.

• Mr. CasualMr. Casual 953 Posts
    Soda is terrible for you in regular or diet form. Drink some water folls!
    I'm sayin'....

I like water... I drink it all the time..

but what do you drink with say pizza or a steak or a burger and fries

PIZZA- beer

Steak- Wine

BF- ice tea

see.... no need for nasty ass soda

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts

http://www.popsoda.com is where you can order a few bottles if you're not near a store that may stock them.

Or I can walk across the street, buy a couple bottles and send you some.

Herm

I'm alright, I have access to a number of Mexican stores and panderias. I know someone who lives very close to another soda store in California, which I am told is very close to where Jurassic 5 did the cover shot of Quality Control[/b].

• djstefdjstef 534 Posts
    I read about Coca-Cola giving their Fresca brand (I used to drink that shit in the 70s, TAB too) a new look "to win over increasingly health-conscious, calorie-phobic consumers." I don't think the truly health conscious want to drink Fresca.

And: "'Fresca resonates with people who have sophisticated tastes and are unwilling to compromise on flavor or calories,' Alison Lewis, Coca-Cola North America's vice president of Sprite and flavors, said in a statement."

Nice title: "Vice President of Flavors."

P.S. My favorite soda is

• PSellersPSellers 157 Posts
    I used to drink cola alot of the time and my mum would always buy diet i forgot that coca cola was like a red labeled bottle I thought it was grey. But when I did have full sugar my teeth used to get all sensetive and feel like they were guna fall out. Now I only drink water and diet kills my teeth full sugar would probably kill me these days.