• high_chigh_c 1,384 Posts
    topic

• lambertlambert 1,166 Posts
    About to fall off the wagon.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    As poptarts

But, yo--you know what's even worse?

Diet beer drinkers.

If you are drinking some kind of "sports" beer, you do not like beer.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    or Grown and Sexy?
    or folks who deserve a swift kick in the ass

• Options
    Akin to users of diet herion...or low fat mayo.

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    shit, unless it is some mexican steez(a country that still uses real cane sugar in its sodas), I will always flex the diet sodas, because corn syrup is some evil shit that causes fat to accumulate in your liver and just doesnt taste as good as real sugar. So I rock the diet Sprites and Pepsis unless there are some Jarritos, Dublin Dr. Peppers or Mexican Cokes around.

sodastrut.com...goddamn...just sayin'

• DIGGADIGGADIGGADIGGA 456 Posts
    they'er missing the point,soda=jolt

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    so you think NUTRASWEET is GOOD for you dude?

you make a good point... i'm feelin' people who think it's cool to eat for multiple persons and wash it down with a diet soda, nahmean? also, i just know some real live chumps who get down with diet soda.

• ArchaicArchaic 633 Posts

In related news, I saw a commercial last night for Wine Lite. As if adding a little water to wine needs to be done at the factory...

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    IM transcript from earlier today:

xxxx: i can't drink a regular soda now
    xxxx: tastes like 12 oz of caramel
    me: Pepsi One
    xxxx: One!
    me: only way i roll
    xxxx: is that like 1/2 the cals?
    me: no
    xxxx: 1 cal?
    me: tastes better than diet... 1 cal

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Okay, I think I got it.

= Unisex

= Strictly for females

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts

yeah, but I would rather get cancer and die than have a fucked up liver, beer will do enough damage to me...but seriously I think the whole artifical sweetner danger is really blown out of proportion...

again, corn sweetened are far inferior to the sodas with real sugar...if you havent tried them, do..hit up your local mexican bistro and get a mexican coke or sprite, they are good as hell...

• so you think NUTRASWEET is GOOD for you dude?

Word, that aspartame shit is fucking poison.
    I don't even drink that much soda but a DP or a Coke is cool every now and then. Shit is horrible for you though. You can use Coke to clean the crud off car-battery leads.

• ArchaicArchaic 633 Posts

yeah, but I would rather get cancer and die than have a fucked up liver

Best description of modern life that I've ever heard.

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    shit, unless it is some mexican steez(a country that still uses real cane sugar in its sodas), I will always flex the diet sodas, because corn syrup is some evil shit that causes fat to accumulate in your liver and just doesnt taste as good as real sugar. So I rock the diet Sprites and Pepsis unless there are some Jarritos, Dublin Dr. Peppers or Mexican Cokes around.

Word. I drink light beers and diet sodas and eat healthy and workout. For all the haters look down. If you don't see your feet then STFU.

word... hey raj, this ain't a dis to you or all diet drinkers for that matter.

yeah, but I would rather get cancer and die than have a fucked up liver, beer will do enough damage to me...but seriously I think the whole artifical sweetner danger is really blown out of proportion...

They say you get cancer... if you eat 5 lbs of it a day. Something stupid like that. Moderation people.

I remember seeing this one chick that actually thought less of me because I drank diet soda. Fuck that bitch. Later that day after drinking some beers I actually had to stop her from giving me a BJ in the park. It was in plain view and there were people all around. Hey, if you're gonna judge someones character do it based on something like that. Fucking hoe.

They say you get cancer... if you eat 5 lbs of it a day. Something stupid like that. Moderation people.

I remember seeing this one chick that actually thought less of me because I drank diet soda. Fuck that bitch. Later that day after drinking some beers I actually had to stop her from giving me a BJ in the park. It was in plain view and there were people all around. Hey, if you're gonna judge someones character do it based on something like that. Fucking hoe.
    you hit the nail on the head, mane. it wasn't the diet coke but the asshole who was drinking it.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

You seem like you need a hug or something.

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
    I only drink a Saranac root beer a couple times a week, otherwise it's water, beer, or OJ so I'm not really feeling soft drinks in general.

But really dudes: diet and low-carb stuff is for pussies. Get your entire diet in order (i.e. healthy, preferably vegetarian), fuck the diet drinks, and eat REAL food, you chumps. Our local grocery store discontinued a lot of my favorite foods to make way for this Atkins nonsense so I'm pissed. Besides, diet sodas taste spoiled or something. And don't get me started on lite/lo-carb beer. What next? THC-free marijuana? Distortion-free heavy metal? Outta here with that shit.

- Vegan but Angry, Healthy, and About to Kick Your Ass in NC

You seem like you need a hug or something.

Haha! Sorry, there's a whole story behind that chick. Simply illustrating that certain things reflect on a persons character more than others. Diet sodas shouldn't be one of them.

and eat healthy and workout

If you are working out and eating "healthy," you do not like food.

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts

Word. I drink light beers and diet sodas and eat healthy and workout. For all the haters look down. If you don't see your feet then STFU.

I work out and eat healthy too but the only light beer I'll ever fuck with is Amstel Light, and that's only on occasion. Sac up and drink some Leffe or Newcastle!

• CosmophonicCosmophonic 1,172 Posts
    I had diet ice-tea here the other day, and it was possibly one of the sweetest things I??ve ever drunk. Real scary. I hear the sweeteners makes the liquid pass through your body faster than beer.

I??ll have either the real thing or water, please.

But as for how I view diet-soda drinkers (that was the topic, no?), I guess it??s their body, let them do what they want to it.

- J

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts
    I had diet ice-tea here the other day, and it was possibly one of the sweetest things I??ve ever drunk. Real scary. I hear the sweeteners makes the liquid pass through your body faster than beer.

A good friend of mine actually did her undergraduate honors thesis on the effects of diet sweetners. She found that not only did diet soda drinkers feel less healthy, they also showed drastic losses in their short term memory. Pot smokers beware!

• rpmrpm 144 Posts
    phenylketonurics...
    no

what gets me are the poeple who will say to you with a straight face ...and while smoking a Marlboro Light "You drink Diet Coke? That aspartame shit? Oh, man, that shit's is terrible for you." I bet some of them have already posted in this thread.