Wanted: SIZZLA 45's (a few for trade)

johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
edited August 2006 in Vinyl Wants / Trades
I just updated my collection of Sizzla 45's that I have. I have a few doubles, and for me all I need is one copy.Here is what I have to offer:Bun Dem Out (Tubby's Hi-Fidelity)Give U What U Want (Sizzla & Bounty Killa) (Kalonji)Our Future (Pow Pow)Sexual Appeal (Mark Of The West)I am currently looking for:ALICIA KEYS & SIZZLA-If I Don't Have You (Music Mecka)SIZZLA & MOBB DEEP-Born In A System (Krypt Keeper)At this moment I have close to 400 different titles, but I know my collection is far from complete. If you do respond, list what you have by title and label.

Comments

• JayGeeJayGee 313 Posts
    Has Sizzla gone back to concious again?
    I haven't heard much from him lately (mostly because I'm not really into his music) except for a new one Rodigan is playing on a dubplate. Dunno if it's out yet but goddamn what a wicked riddim!

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
    Has Sizzla gone back to concious again?
    The new album has some conscious tracks and a few songs that are similar to "Thank You Mama". But on the singles side, he is as crazy as he's always been, with songs like "Panty Raid", "Nah Move Freaky", "Shake Up You Na Na", "Whole Heap A Woman", and "Sexual Appeal". On the other end he's doing "Africa Is For Africans", "Strength And Hope", and "The Future".

The latest batch of records I've received are about him looking for women that are "pure and clean", and anything else gets "whore status" (not in those exact words, but pretty much). He goes back and forth between being socially wise and lyrically corrupt, which is always interesting especially when the title of the record could lead to anything (and usually does).

I haven't heard much from him lately (mostly because I'm not really into his music) except for a new one Rodigan is playing on a dubplate. Dunno if it's out yet but goddamn what a wicked riddim!

I have to be on the lookout for that one. I've generally stayed away from the dub plates, and unfortunately I'm not in a place where I can go to a club or sound system and just take a listen. There are four Sizzla dub plates on eBay right now, but the competition is fierce for each of them.

• JayGeeJayGee 313 Posts
    I personally think the man is wack! I heard some stories about him having a stash of AK47s and some machinegun on his rooftop. To me he's just another Bin Laden...
    He's done some kool tunes but this whole hate trip alienates me totally from the man.

What's with the prices on those dubplates? Why buy another systems dubs for that kinda money when you can just cut one for yourself!?

Anyways, good luck with finding those records. I'll just keep buying silly lovers, 80s reality & pure braindead slack
    If you dig 80s digi stuff check out the mix my soundsystem made earlier this year.
    HERE!

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
    What's with the prices on those dubplates? Why buy another systems dubs for that kinda money when you can just cut one for yourself!?

Because it's a record.

I have tried contacting Sizzla's people in the hopes of submitting some material to release as a series of 45's, but so far no luck.

• JayGeeJayGee 313 Posts

Because it's a record.

I have tried contacting Sizzla's people in the hopes of submitting some material to release as a series of 45's, but so far no luck.

Ok, I thought it was dubplates specials with certain soundsystems names in the tunes as some of the tunes such as good wyas have been released.