Tuesday's finds.

2»

Comments

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    my man

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts

Just to set things straight I was making fun of Nate not Magnetic.

And yes, I also got that facemelt when first heard that part of the Concerto for Jazz/Rock Orchestra on the Stanley Clarke LP.

PEK knows the time. Non ontological indeed.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    I can't beleive dudes are trying to get rude on Magnetic. Dude has been one of the nicest most positive additoins to this website since he first came on. He's never come at anybody cross and seems to be a true music lover as opposed to most of us who come as lovers of a records value[/b].

Magnetic: both those EWF and Chic LP's are fine listens enjoy them and fuck anybody that has something meaningless to say about you

This puzzles me somewhat - are a lot of you collecting for the sake of collecting?

as much as I want ot say "no" the truth is most of us have well over 500 LP's and I doubt that we take them all out and truly enjoy the music that is on them.

I've tried to make it a point to listen and relisten to all my albums but its tough. theres just too much. folks on here tend to get snobby about albums that arent worth a large amount of money and tend to get really wetmouth about those that are. There was a recent discussion in which someone brought up that a lot of people look at their records as commodities and I'd have to agree.

hell the word raer has practically replaced the word "good" on here

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts

how is what i said pretentious when it's truth?

What's this truth you speak of? you really think it's pretentious of me to make a post displaying what i found? Imagine the audacity of me thinking i could actually make a post OF MY TUESDAY FINDS,seems like i need to check with you the next time i think about doing this.I didn't even put RAER in the title because that would've be been "pretense at its finest" as you put it.
    I noticed the "lol" at the end of your statement,but if i've never had any form of a interaction with you before this post,what made you think you could "run dem kinda a joke deh" with me?
    You're new here so i'm not going to hold a grudge against you,since you didnt realize that saying something like this around here, would cause such a uproar to the extent that it did from the soul strut fam.
    Thanks to everyone that stood up in my defense,i guess my presence on here is official now.
    Sorry for calling you a "alias" dude seems like i was mistaken.

• What's this truth you speak of? you really think it's pretentious of me to make a post displaying what i found? Imagine the audacity of me thinking i could actually make a post OF MY TUESDAY FINDS,seems like i need to check with you the next time i think about doing this.I didn't even put RAER in the title because that would've be been "pretense at its finest" as you put it.

I noticed the "lol" at the end of your statement,but if i've never had any form of a interaction with you before this post,what made you think you could "run dem kinda a joke deh" with me?

You're new here so i'm not going to hold a grudge against you,since you didnt realize that saying something like this around here, would cause such a uproar to the extent that it did from the soul strut fam.

Thanks to everyone that stood up in my defense,i guess my presence on here is official now.

i thought the records you posted was a joke....considering the level of commonness they display, it's sorda like posting that you fucked a 300 lb woman.....sorry man, didn't know you were serious....maybe the stonesthrow board would be more open to these kinda "finds"

Just to set things straight I was making fun of Nate not Magnetic.

And yes, I also got that facemelt when first heard that part of the Concerto for Jazz/Rock Orchestra on the Stanley Clarke LP.

PEK knows the time. Non ontological indeed.

Yeah i realized you were replying to Nate,it's cool.And i dont have a problem with what Nate said either because of the way in which he adapted the_mack's "purposely exaggerated" use of ebonics "hollering at records steez" it was funny.
    Big ups to Guzzo for "Having my back"(no homo)

• even a newby like myself knows his place. you wouldnt see me riddiculing trades like this cledeninn fellow. what have you got to show?

What's this truth you speak of? you really think it's pretentious of me to make a post displaying what i found? Imagine the audacity of me thinking i could actually make a post OF MY TUESDAY FINDS,seems like i need to check with you the next time i think about doing this.I didn't even put RAER in the title because that would've be been "pretense at its finest" as you put it.

i thought the records you posted was a joke....considering the level of commonness they display, it's sorda like posting that you fucked a 300 lb woman.....sorry man, didn't know you were serious....maybe the stonesthrow board would be more open to these kinda "finds"

Yow!! you quoted my response and didn't even read it

Could you please tell me where it was that i was "bragging" that i found raer records??? i made a tuesday's finds post because i " bought them on tuesday[/b] " simple as fucking dat.

• karlophonekarlophone 1,697 Posts
    i made a tuesday's finds post because i " bought them on tuesday[/b] " simple as fucking dat.

you tell em, magnetic! the nerve of some people. plus the fact that pulling a 'journey to love' in JA cant be easy! good finds.

• karlophonekarlophone 1,697 Posts
    oh yeah - no records today, but i did just 'find' this!

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts
    oh yeah - no records today, but i did just 'find' this!

whos dat?

• bluesnagbluesnag 1,285 Posts

so i've made my final dig in india. if anybody is headed to bombay then let me know, cause i've met some good people that can hook you up. actually, it turned out that the secretary of the society for indian record collectors works at the same place i do. he introduced me to an eccentric old man 2 hours outside of bombay who is 75% blind and fixes up old record players as a hobby. he also collects butter boxes.

so the last dig was a pretty good one, and i finally found a few things that i'd been after since i got here. i'll start out with the classical stuff. i've really started to get into indian instrumental classical music, especially the santoor. i've already packed some of my records (it's gonna take some careful strategy to get them all back safely) so i forgot a couple of the labels/years etc.

CLASSICAL:
    Shivkumar Sharma-Santoor (EMI)

Shivkumar Sharma-Classical Melodies on the Santoor (EMI)

Shivkumar Sharma & Zakir Hussain-Kirwani Live in Bombay (EMI) (i got to see these guys play live several months back, it was ridiculously sweet)

T.R. Mahalingam-Flute (EMI) some southern classical

Kitu Samhaar & Kartick Kumar-31 Sitar Concerto (Phillips)

Call of the Valley-Instrumental Trio (flute, santoor, guitar) (EMI)

SOUNDTRACKS:
    Teesri Manzil-R.D. Burman (Odeon 1966)-this has a great spacey title theme

Morcha-Bappi Lahiri (Polydor 1980) 2 copies

Shalimar-R.D. Burman (Polydor 1978) finally found a nice copy of this. it's getting tough to find in bombay in decent condition.

Loot Maar-Rajesh Roshan (EMI 1980)

Sharmilee-S.D. Burman (Odeon 1971)-this has a great cabaret style track by asha bhosle

Great Gambler-R.D. Burman (EMI 1978)

Adalat-Kalyanji Anandji 2 copies

Shaan-R.D. Burman (Polydor 1980)

Jawani Diwani-R.D. Burman (Polydor 1980)

Hum Kisise Kum Naheen-R.D. Burman (EMI 1977)

Usha sings Beautiful Sunday (EMI)-no year on this one but i think it's pretty early, between her Iyer and Uthup years (since no second name is given). there's a great version of "no tears (in the end)" on this.

Bombay 405 Miles-Kalyanji Anandji (Polydor 1980)-Finally! this has an insane funk jam on it which was reissued on a 7" some time back. marco had sent me a top 20 recommended bolly records list before i came here, and this was the 20th out of 20 that i had to find.

I got some 45s too, and some of them have the jammy jams on them:

45s
    Qurbani
    Don
    Shaan 3 copies
    Muqadaar Ka Sikandar 2 copies
    Pyaara Dushman
    Professor Pyarelal (w/the nasty braek)
    Morchaa 2 copies
    Great Gambler
    Aap Ke Deewane
    Disco Disco Roko Mat
    Khud-Daar (w/Disco '82)
    Bombay 405 Miles-with the aforementioned insane funk jam

so hopefully after i get back, make my move and settle in to my new job, i'll post some reviews of some of these.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    The L.A. Four- Scores ("Sundancers" wasn't the only good track on here; all of 'em are solid listens. I also LOVE the sound quality on this recording.)

• Yesterday, I found Spencer Davis Group - autumn '66 (fontana) - beat to shit - but what a great record.

Dress

• DJ_WubWubDJ_WubWub 874 Posts
    I put an ad in the local paper and an old lady rang me from the op shop and said they had three boxes out the back I might be interested in. I have been to this op shop before and it is the usual OZ op shop crap. Anyway I found this for 50cents
    Last sold for US$173 on the bay. Good score. Nice rekkid as well

Also got
    Things we like -Jack bruce lp
    Session III- Japanese Jazz lp (Yamaha Label)
    Caramba-Los Machucambos lp
    The song is song the album is album-The Seven
    Crosswinds-Billy cobham
    BBc Sound effects vol 3 lp
    Drummin up a storm-Comp lp (Apache, let there be drums, wipeout etc)
    Gino Soccio-S beat lp
    Col Nolan quartet-arrangements Oz jazz lp
    Don Burrows-live at montreux Oz jazz lp
    Bohannon_dance your ass off lp
    Ustad Ali Akbar khan-Pre dawn to sunrise ragas lp( i love indian classical music)
    Three tibetan buddhist chanting lps (get your chant on)
    Joe farrell-Upon this rock lp
    Hiroshima S/T lp
    blossom dearie-my new celebrity is you lp
    Visage S/t lp (fade to grey still rocks)