Sandwich strut.

hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
edited August 2006 in Strut Central
The sandwich is an amazing device. Hands down the best lunch invention since sliced bread. That being said, what kind of sandwiches have you people been making?I keep making one with soft goat cheese, apples, arrugula, and honey. On whole grain bread.

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    I dont know if this counts as a sandwich,but.......

Pork/Lamb/Beef mix patties in a pita w/ chopped romaine lettuce & greek yogurt - last night.

In the meat i mixed onion/garlic/sage/parsley/freshgroundpepper/habaneros/koshersalt - overnight.

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
    Hell yeah that's a sandwich.

Dogs........If your in Manhattan, there a place around the corner from St.Vincent's hospital that make the crazy turkey sandwiches. They roast a fresh turkey the night before, so by lunchtime, shit ridiculous. I cant think of the block but its a hop skip and a jump from FAT BEATS. Directly across from the DYI ceramic mug shop.

I'ts on Greenwich Ave.

• UMADUMAD 187 Posts
    Dogs........If your in Manhattan, there a place around the corner from St.Vincent's hospital that make the crazy turkey sandwiches. They roast a fresh turkey the night before, so by lunchtime, shit ridiculous. I cant think of the block but its a hop skip and a jump from FAT BEATS. Directly across from the DYI ceramic mug shop.

I'ts on Greenwich Ave.
    It's on Greenwich a block or so past W10th. It's called TOSS (The Original Sandwich Shop). Their herbal mayo is absolutely unfuckwitable (good lemonade too).

I'ts on Greenwich Ave.
    It's on Greenwich a block or so past W10th. It's called TOSS (The Original Sandwich Shop). Their herbal mayo is absolutely unfuckwitable (good lemonade too).

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
    I don't eat meat, but I've definitely passed by that place before. Have you been to the macaroni and cheese spot on 12th and 1st ave.? That shit is the jam-pony.

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    lately it's been the staple tuna sammich.

can of tuna
    50% less fat mayo
    celery salt
    fresh ground black pepper
    cayenne pepper
    garlic powder
    sugar
    lemon juice
    extra virgin olive oil

assemble sammich w/ cucumbers, baby spinach, red onions, served on 12 grain wheat bread.

I usually combo it w/ a v8, viola.

I don't eat meat

Damn,

I hear that - Grilled Portabello Mushroom for dayz!!!!

We need a yummy graemlin up in this piece.

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts
    I don't eat meat

Damn,

For a meatless BLT, cut some provolone into thin, bacon-sized slices. Turn a non-stick pan up real hot and drop the cheese in. Let it fry until it's crispy on one side, then flip it over (easier said than done, it make take a few trys to get the flipping right) and let that side get crispy. Make the sandwich the way you would normally make a BLT, and you won't even know the difference.

• I don't eat meat

Damn,

For a meatless BLT, cut some provolone into thin, bacon-sized slices. Turn a non-stick pan up real hot and drop the cheese in. Let it fry until it's crispy on one side, then flip it over (easier said than done, it make take a few trys to get the flipping right) and let that side get crispy. Make the sandwich the way you would normally make a BLT, and you won't even know the difference.[/b]

Aser knows you ain't talkin' to him with that bullshit.

I don't eat meat

Damn,

For a meatless BLT, cut some provolone into thin, bacon-sized slices. Turn a non-stick pan up real hot and drop the cheese in. Let it fry until it's crispy on one side, then flip it over (easier said than done, it make take a few trys to get the flipping right) and let that side get crispy. Make the sandwich the way you would normally make a BLT, and you won't even know the difference.[/b]

Aser knows you ain't talkin' to him with that bullshit.

Dude, I didn't think so either. I swore up and down I would be able to tell. I had to admit I was wrong.

Salt? Check. Fat? Check. Crispy and gooey at the same time? Check and check. DEAL

• HAZBEENHAZBEEN 564 Posts
    I don't eat meat

Damn,

For a meatless BLT, cut some provolone into thin, bacon-sized slices. Turn a non-stick pan up real hot and drop the cheese in. Let it fry until it's crispy on one side, then flip it over (easier said than done, it make take a few trys to get the flipping right) and let that side get crispy. Make the sandwich the way you would normally make a BLT, and you won't even know the difference.

That sounds hard to do - how's about some veggie bacon instead?

That sounds hard to do - how's about some veggie bacon instead?

In my opinion, that shit tastes only remotely like bacon.

• real pittsburgh heads know the deal

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    I gotta check out that TOSS spot. Sounds serious and I trust UMAD's judgement.

What the fuck is this? Shit looks crazy?
    real pittsburgh heads know the deal

Also, I just got done rocking a PEANUT BUTTER & JELLY sammich. Shit was dope as fuck. Can't really go wrong with that simple shit.

• autezautez 404 Posts
    i just had an awesome sandwich earlier today from some place here's what they put in it

hot pastrami
    mustard
    guacamole
    tomato
    lettuce
    pickles
    hot peppers
    on a french roll

the guac made it good. need to figure out how to make some guac

• noznoz 3,625 Posts

holy fuck you guys are so lucky. i would kill for primantis right now.

someone should lock the thread after that jpeg. i sincerely doubt any sandwich on the planet is fucking with that shit.

the guac made it good. need to figure out how to make some guac

Guacamole is underrepresented on sandwiches. Cheeseburgers, too.

Just mash up a few avacados, add liberal amounts of pressed garlic, squeeze a few lime wedges, salt, pepper, paprika to taste. If it's not creamy enough, add a little sour cream. Even a smidgen of cottage cheese will do in a pinch. You can also add ingredients like diced tomato and onion, sunflower seeds, etc. It's fairly versatile.

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts

Real Fort Lauderdale heads know the deal too. We have two Primanti Brothers spots, and have had them for quite some time. That is a serious sandwich.

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts

Also, I just got done rocking a PEANUT BUTTER & JELLY sammich. Shit was dope as fuck. Can't really go wrong with that simple shit.

You know what's bomb? Put a little sriracha on your peanut butter and jelly. Honey nut cheerios is nice on there too.

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    I busted out a fried tomato blt the other day....tasty!

• mr.brettmr.brett 678 Posts
    I like a grilled cheese made with muenster and tomato basil bread from Panera.

• mr.brettmr.brett 678 Posts
    Do they ship to Missouri?

• waxjunkywaxjunky 1,850 Posts

Are those the ones with the french fries right inside? Most definitely next level. There are many, many great sandwiches when done properly. Shrimp and oyster po'boys, pulled pork, simple BLTs, grilled cheese, PB&J.

Lately, I've been grilling peanut butter sandwiches like you would with a grilled cheese. I should have been doing this long ago. It makes cold milk taste like the best drink ever. The milk is the real payoff.

L.A. heads should try the Godmother at Bay Cities Deli in Santa Monica. Pretty damn good.

• real pittsburgh heads know the deal

damn dogs, i might have to go cop today for lunch after seeing this sh*t

how's about some veggie bacon instead?

Oxymoronic

Hot sauce on a PB&J = Gotta try that.

Another spot for great Italian Subs is on 60th St. -n- 2nd or 3rd ave. One block up from the 59st bridge. Right across from Bed Bath & Beyond. Old Italian NYC joint that's has a mean Cappicolla & Procuitto sub w/ fresh toppings. Not that Subway -sterile no funk- type shit. That Grandmama type shit.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    This popped up on Yahoo today:

What's the origin of the word "sandwich"?

• coffinjoecoffinjoe 1,743 Posts
    only made in st lou mo

^ i luv a st paul ^

where i live we rock these V

• girgir 329 Posts
    college wouldn't be the same without:

my life was changed last year when i got a sammich toaster. something about a warm sammich is just so much bettter

• A couple Pita Pits just opened in and around Philly. Prices are slightly higher than subway, but the food is much better. Anyone familiar with this franchise? My buddy is the owner of one in west chester, pa. He just opened a few weeks ago and has gotten a solid response so far.