Terence Trent D'Arby remixed by Lee Scratch Perry!

crazypoprockcrazypoprock 1,037 Posts
edited August 2006 in Strut Central
so i have heard about this for a while and today found it...decided to rip it and share with the world! enjoy. http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?ac...ock@hotmail.com

Comments

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    LOL @ the Cow moo sound at 4:33 and Cowbells.

• word...definitely next level. serato heads need to jump on this...it's only up for 7 days...and how many other tracks can work in both a dub reggae and late 80s british funk set?

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    word...definitely next level. serato heads need to jump on this...it's only up for 7 days...and how many other tracks can work in both a dub reggae and late 80s british funk set?

Only 1. Fuck I love that song, I was actually thinking about remixing it, loved that shit as a kid. What was that other great track off that album?

• wishing well

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    wishing well

That's the one. It think some of those new funk/soul groups should cover these songs, it would be great to hear them dirty and raw!

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    word...definitely next level. serato heads need to jump on this...it's only up for 7 days...and how many other tracks can work in both a dub reggae and late 80s british funk set?

Only 1. Fuck I love that song, I was actually thinking about remixing it, loved that shit as a kid. What was that other great track off that album?

If You Let Me Stay?
    Dance Little Sister?

Got a 12" of his with what I recall being an entertaining live cover of Under My Thumb on the flip side. I still remember when everyone thought he was going to domintae the charts for years to come

Really like this remix.

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    thank you. i loved this song to death back in the day and forgot about it

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts

If You Let Me Stay?

I think I had a 12" Black Sheep remix of this song.

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    wishing well

that's a staple for my party sets. but wishing well 12 has that terrible "hot in the shade" mix. the LP version is great. i play doubles of the 45 and extend the intro.

thanks for sharing this.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

If You Let Me Stay?
    Dance Little Sister?

The whole album is incredible.

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    I found the proper 12" release of this ages ago. Not a bad mix...

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    [ Got a 12" of his with what I recall being an entertaining live cover of Under My Thumb on the flip side. I still remember when everyone thought he was going to domintae the charts for years to come /

I have a cassingle w/ a B-side live version of Greasy Chicken.

[ Got a 12" of his with what I recall being an entertaining live cover of Under My Thumb on the flip side. I still remember when everyone thought he was going to domintae the charts for years to come /

I have a cassingle w/ a B-side live version of Greasy Chicken.

Shit that's the one I've got on 12" somewhere buried deep in the collection. Had Greasy Chicken, Under My Thumb and Jumpin Jack Flash on it.

I would absolutely love to hear this. Any good?

• dmacdmac 472 Posts
    wishing well

Word. Wishing Well (The Cool In The Shade Mix) by Francois Kevorkian is

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    please re up i gotta check this out.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts

I remember it being DOPE. Instrumental track though, but still fresh. I have no idea where it is though. Somewhere in Philly I assume.

Also, the "3 Coins In The Fountain" mix of Wishing Well is that HOT SHIT.

PPS: Did anyone like "Vibrator?"

• I think I had a 12" Black Sheep remix of this song.

I remember it being DOPE. Instrumental track though, but still fresh. I have no idea where it is though. Somewhere in Philly I assume.

Also, the "3 Coins In The Fountain" mix of Wishing Well is that HOT SHIT.

PPS: Did anyone like "Vibrator?"

was that the album with "she kissed me" on it? i remember seeing that video as a young un.

i've seen some other odd, non-hip hop l black sheep remixes (red hot chilli peppers ?!?) on 12" from the early 90s, they must have had an A&R hook up.

• RustyBRustyB 223 Posts
    Terence Trent D'Arby was produced by Crispin J Glover of Matrix Records, Nuphonic, Paper fame.. Dude, is a dope producer..

• i uploaded it again, here:

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=715454CF7A1268F7

nice avatar catchdubs! i love that descloux record.

Ah well, it was worth a try

If you ever dig through your Philly records and do come across it I'd love to hear it.

For anyone interested, here's Terence's take on Under My Thumb fully equipped with screaming ladies.

Under My Thumb (Live)

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    i uploaded it again, here:

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=715454CF7A1268F7

nice avatar catchdubs! i love that descloux record.

thanks I have to hear this...