How late to work do YOU have to be before...

2»

Comments

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    if you are not electromagnetically controlled, it is also very easy to fake an earlier arrival. Just leave your coat and things in another desk out of your boss view, then act like you've been there from an hour ago. A cup of coffee in hand will also help.

• dCastillodCastillo 1,963 Posts
    late policy. whew.
    no such thing as a late policy in design. just meet your deadlines.

true, but deadlines can be a serious bitch.

indeed. it's all a matter of knowing how to stay ahead, which ='s no sleep til such and such milestone is made.

• waxjunkywaxjunky 1,850 Posts
    I've never not been at least a half hour early to work. But (a) I work nights and (b) I have a chef who will yell and cuss if I'm not ready to go when the doors open. Can make for a long night, so I avoid it all costs.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    I work at a recording studio these days, and most of the time i can bet on the clients being at least a half hour to an hour late......unless its some lame white rock band, and those fuckers are always on time.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    I work at a recording studio these days, and most of the time i can bet on the clients being at least a half hour to an hour late......unless its some lame white rock band, and those fuckers are always on time.

punctuality = lame

fuck it I'ma get somewhere 15 minutes after I paid for my time just to show how down I really am

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts
    Before I quit my job, I had a time card. If we were a second late, it meant diciplinary action. I got chewed out for being late after getting into a traffic accident. That's when I walked out and never looked back.

• How late to work do YOU have to be before a disciplinary action is taken?

3 minutes.

Please add on.

24 hours.

• meshmesh 925 Posts
    I come to work when I have stuff to do and I stay until it's done.

• ja_bruceja_bruce 295 Posts

punctuality = lame

fuck it I'ma get somewhere 15 minutes after I paid for my time just to show how down I really am

true true

• BeekBeek 146 Posts
    if you are not electromagnetically controlled, it is also very easy to fake an earlier arrival. Just leave your coat and things in another desk out of your boss view, then act like you've been there from an hour ago. A cup of coffee in hand will also help.

Another trick: the "Send Later" function in Outlook