-Re-learning to play the skin flute
    You had me up to here.

Gentlemen, please.

• -Re-learning to play the skin flute
    You had me up to here.

Did you miss the next part???

-Eating much more meat pie[/b]

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    I'm getting awful close to a point where I can pay off all my debt. I'm very happy about that but I'm also awful close to launching my own company full time. Now I have a pile of money and I'm wondering. Pay of my debt or use the money to start my company? Both options would take a major thumb off my head. Worst case scenario I'll end up burning through all my savings if my company doesn't take off as quickly as I need it to but at least I'll be my own boss. On the other hand I can take all my savings, pay off all my debt but then I'm still working where I am. It's not bad but I don't want to be doing office management for the rest of my life. Best case scenario and my company takes off I'll still be able to pay off my debt albeit it will take me another 6 months to a year.

It's a tough decision.

• LamontLamont 1,089 Posts

found a girl unlike any ive ever met

Ditto. On the eve (not literally) of my ten month trip to Australia. Great.

decided to aply to film school[/quote the mack]

I predict funny jpg's in this thread any minute now...

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
    Let's see.

1. Trying to treat my eating habits as seriously as buying Sizzla 45's (I eat a lot less, but I still dabble in crap, no corpophilia-o)
    2. Trying to make the issues of others less of a concern for me (on a personal level)
    3. Push towards making my book projects into reality

next up: a visit to Wal-Mart to buy some garbage cans

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    trying to enjoy life in the now.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    I'm prepping for a 26 mile marathon, which will take place on Thanksgiving.

Doode I'm challenging you to come out to LA on September 24th for the Run Hit wonder 10k run. It's a long distance ruin with Digital Underground, Young MC performing along the path and it finishes at the LA coliseum with a show from De La Soul

as for me

-Training for a 10K run
    -got a promotion in my industry and now making enough money to help my fokls get a caretaker
    -moving into an apartment on the westside of LA
    -seperating value and pleasure in music and learning to re-enjoy the latter

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    I'm prepping for a 26 mile marathon, which will take place on Thanksgiving.

Doode I'm challenging you to come out to LA on September 24th for the Run Hit wonder 10k run. It's a long distance ruin with Digital Underground, Young MC performing along the path and it finishes at the LA coliseum with a show from De La Soul

Sounds real interesting.

• 2. Stopped caring about the state of hip-hop.

This has just added 4 years to your life.

• coffinjoecoffinjoe 1,743 Posts

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    -Was offered my old post-pro job after being laid off 3 years ago. Yes!
    -Finally got my 2 & 1/2 year old potty trained and ready to start Montesorri School next week.
    -Been playing b-ball a few times a week. Hopefully I'll be able to dunk again by the end of the year.
    -Getting alot of gigs & building a steady list of clients/bands for the studio.

Next Up...

-Staying on a healthy diet & cutting back on the dutchmasters

• dCastillodCastillo 1,963 Posts
    all good to hear!

for me:

leaving the design firm to go full-time freelance. scary, but it's much better for the mind.

other than that, I've been wrecking everything else

• coffinjoecoffinjoe 1,743 Posts

-Finally got my 2 & 1/2 year old potty trained and ready to start Montesorri School next week.

both are

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    quit a job i hated

stopped sitting in front of a computer five days a week/eight hours a day

stopped buying records for over a month and went back to listen to what i haven't in a while

did not buy anything other than groceries for over a month...ok...and the occasional drink

drinking fruit soy smoothies every morning (sometimes i indulge and have an espresso/banana/almond/soy one instead)

swimming regularly

listening to If I was Your Girlfriend, Your Love Makes Me Stay When I Know I Should Go, The Sun and Walk Away From Love a few times a week

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    Probably the biggest change for me is that after over a year of being single I got a new lady. Definitely makes a change after all that "me" time. But on the other side, not really an improvement, but I just heard my little sis has some uber raer disease in her arteries that will destroy her auto-immune system & link itself to any of her vital organs, no cure & 20% mortality rate. Found out on Monday & it has rocked my family to say the least.

• TabaskoTabasko 1,357 Posts
    I gotta lot of change going on right now..

In the last year:
    -My son was born and I became a dad

-Proposed to my girl (geting married april '07)
    -Tripled my income (!)
    -Started working out and eating healthy, also doing less beer and pot.

I'm also busy buying my first house right now.

AND, I listened to the Tr p D r Mistery Mix for the first time this week... a real eye-opener for me musically.

• Probably the biggest change for me is that after over a year of being single I got a new lady. Definitely makes a change after all that "me" time. But on the other side, not really an improvement, but I just heard my little sis has some uber raer disease in her arteries that will destroy her auto-immune system & link itself to any of her vital organs, no cure & 20% mortality rate. Found out on Monday & it has rocked my family to say the least.

Sorry to hear that man.

I just quit my job of four years last week. I now don't have a job, or any prospects. I keep telling myself that's improved my life.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts

I just quit my job of four years last week. I now don't have a job, or any prospects. I keep telling myself that's improved my life.

i think it has if you were unhappy at your job and it was affecting other aspects of your life.

so far i've gone through three stages.

the first was getting busy and doing things that i fell behind on...around the house, catching up with people, organizing life stuff, etc.

the second came once things calmed down and i realized that i had no idea what i was going to do in the long-term and getting freaked out about the instability.
    the second sub-section was getting really lonely because no one else is around during the day to hang with

the third was this horrible guilt that i wasn't being productive because i didn't have a job

the fourth is just coming on now and that is chilling out, budgeting, pursuing different things and realizing there are many ways to be productive, not just through a j-o-b

i say enjoy it

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    1. got money
    2. getting money
    3. spending money

• meshmesh 925 Posts
    But on the other side, not really an improvement, but I just heard my little sis has some uber raer disease in her arteries that will destroy her auto-immune system & link itself to any of her vital organs, no cure & 20% mortality rate. Found out on Monday & it has rocked my family to say the least.

sorry to hear that. unfortunately, its something like that that has changed me whether i wanted to or not. i lost my dad 3 months ago(wow, has it already been 3 months???). that has changed me in more ways than i can think of.

i am more proactive in my business. i am trying to be more creative, as i want to get some things done before my time is up. i want to be remembered. i am djing more. i am being a better person to those around me. i am trying to be more understanding of other people and their problems, even if i sometimes think they are petty. i am spending a lot more time with my mom, although i should probably spend more time with her. i am trying to stay in better contact with my extended family. i am trying to get things done.

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    i want to get some things done before my time is up. i want to be remembered.

Good for you my man... we share the same drive.

Even so, I have done nothing but digress this summer. Too much partying by the pool! The foundation is set to be more productive at the end of this month, though. I have a roommate joining the Peace Corps and instead of bringing in a new person to fill the spot, I'm going to take a second room in the house as a dedicated work/music studio. I've got a couple startup ideas I want to explore and a lot of music work I want to do. It sure wasn't getting done in my cramped bedroom so hopefully this is the answer.

• lucerolucero 425 Posts
    on a personal level, I'm giving more thought to how I interact with others - longish story but I'm on a leadership course for work next week and as part of that you get 360 feedback from others about yourself and your style of working, communicating, collaborating etc - sounds real dreary like I know, but the frankness of it has been quite an eye opener for me and given me a determination to change up a few things with my personal style

and holmes, sorry to hear about the bad news for your family this week

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    oh and one more thing

-I AM NO LONGER IN DEBT TO ANY CREDIT CARD COMPANIES!

fuck you Visa for duping me at 18 years old to get a card with 25% interest rates.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    These days I just let the toilet paper decide which way to face when I'm changing it.

• alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts
    went a week, no ganga,drink,smoke bad food. just focus on my weight training for a week. i am now the slimmest and healthiest i've been in 2 phucking years! of course i drank smoked and smoked to celebrate, but i deserved it.

• quit a job i hated
    got into law school and am moving to england
    sold hundreds of records i didnt listen to anymore
    stopped buying records on ebay
    cut back on the herb big time
    working on my relationship with estranged brother

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    Stopped smoking.

OK. I barely made it halfway down this thread and here's the third person talking about smoking (tobacco, I assume).

I am so freaking addicted. I was down in SC last week visiting moms. She's going through chemo for breast cancer and bald as a baby. She's doing great though. btw--That's why I shaved myself. She was stressed about losing her hair. I'm like who the fuck needs hair? Bzzzzt. She looks cool bald IMO. I digress. Anyways, she smoked for many years quit abut ten years ago. Family history is a big factor. Both her older sisters had breast cancer, but we can't rule out the impact of 20+ years of smoking. Anyways, I'm hanging out with her looking at her bald head talking about her experience with chemo while all the time jonesing like hell for a smoke.

this is madness.

i keep thinking i can casually do it. you know, bum when i'm drunk. next thing you know i got a pack and maybe finish half of it and then run water over the rest and toss them. that's right. otherwise, i'll dig them bitches out of the fucking garbage. sad.

ugh.

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    on a personal level, I'm giving more thought to how I interact with others - longish story but I'm on a leadership course for work next week and as part of that you get 360 feedback from others about yourself and your style of working, communicating, collaborating etc - sounds real dreary like I know, but the frankness of it has been quite an eye opener for me and given me a determination to change up a few things with my personal style

and holmes, sorry to hear about the bad news for your family this week
    Thanks bro, did you get hit up on your people skills at work?? Share me the goss on email if it's a funny story. I once told the Mom of a student over the phone that I had better things to do with my day than waste my time talking to her & hung up on her, then when senior management wanted me to apologise I refused to write the letter so they ended up writing one on my behalf without telling me, it was hilarious & now I haven't had a phone on my desk for 3+ years. Funny shit, parents of rich kids get the

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts

OK. I barely made it halfway down this thread and here's the third person talking about smoking (tobacco, I assume).

I am so freaking addicted. I was down in SC last week visiting moms. She's going through chemo for breast cancer and bald as a baby. She's doing great though. btw--That's why I shaved myself. She was stressed about losing her hair. I'm like who the fuck needs hair? Bzzzzt. She looks cool bald IMO. I digress. Anyways, she smoked for many years quit abut ten years ago. Family history is a big factor. Both her older sisters had breast cancer, but we can't rule out the impact of 20+ years of smoking. Anyways, I'm hanging out with her looking at her bald head talking about her experience with chemo while all the time jonesing like hell for a smoke.

this is madness.

i keep thinking i can casually do it. you know, bum when i'm drunk. next thing you know i got a pack and maybe finish half of it and then run water over the rest and toss them. that's right. otherwise, i'll dig them bitches out of the fucking garbage. sad.

ugh.
    I don't know if you do or not, but do you exercise regularly?

During my longest non-smoking phase (3-4 months), I was very active.
    As a matter of fact, I started riding a bike damn near everywhere I went. It really helped curb the craving to light up.

Good luck, man.

Fukk a cigarette.