Pet Peeves about your Friends

yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
edited August 2006 in Strut Central
okay, this is a semi-rant of sorts...So I hang out with him pretty frequently, but his whole attitude changes when he's in front of a group of friends. He acts more macho, announces what new Dunks he bought, which are totally limited, or how much he made in tips at the restaurant, or how he's one of the lucky ones in a drawing at the mall...you get the point. Nobody cares, yet he announces these things with fervor and it bugs me.What's his underlying problem? And how do I go about dealing with this pseudo-macho, bravado shit?

Comments

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    it shouldnt be your concern, unless it's harming you.
    get a new friend.

• how much he made in tips at the restaurant

Not something to sound off about IMO...

"LOOK AT ME !!! I WAIT TABLES BUT KISS ASS VERY WELL FOR CASH!!!"

Clown that fool...

• i hate those friend-of-a-friends who bring up the same shit everytime you see them. yes, i know you through a mutual friend, but everytime i see you do you have to say, so "how is ___"?" i get it. we have a friend in common.

also annoying, is the "friend" who says the same lame-ass inside joke everytime you see them. ok, i spilled marinara sauce all over my pants 7 years ago when we were all at dinner....so now for the rest of my life, everytime i see you, do you have to keep saying "so, how are those pants doing?". come up with some new material people. its like groundhog day with some peeps.

• gravelheadwrapgravelheadwrap corn 948 Posts
    Friends that have to be right in every situation and will go to lengths, no matter the subject, to prove they are right.

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    Friends that don't pay up when they lose a bet!

• my friends who use the phrase "i work hard and play hard(er)". partying is not an achievement. grow up.

• also annoying, is the "friend" who says the same lame-ass inside joke everytime you see them. ok, i spilled marinara sauce all over my pants 7 years ago when we were all at dinner....so now for the rest of my life, everytime i see you, do you have to keep saying "so, how are those pants doing?". come up with some new material people. its like groundhog day with some peeps.

I once sustained a relationship for a short while like this...she was cute, and borrowed my hoodie at a party one night, and we went home together. So, we got to do it a couple more times after parties, where inevitably I would ask about my hoodie, and we'd share a drink and a laugh.

Then, she gave me my sweatshirt back...And, we had nothing left to talk about, and that was that.

• DrJoelDrJoel 932 Posts
    I once sustained a relationship for a short while like this...she was cute, and borrowed my hoodie at a party one night, and we went home together. So, we got to do it a couple more times after parties, where inevitably I would ask about my hoodie, and we'd share a drink and a laugh.

Then, she gave me my sweatshirt back...And, we had nothing left to talk about, and that was that.

So right now.

• OneSoulOneSoul 206 Posts
    Friends that have to be right in every situation and will go to lengths, no matter the subject, to prove they are right.

This is my friend K*te w/out a doubt.

We were at this German Pub with a group drinking one night and she starts talking about disabilities and such when up pops my wife's name. (wtf?) so this friend starts telling everyone how my wife is like 90% deaf in her right ear. I chime in and say "my wife? no way, you're mistaken" she says "Yep, I guess you just didn't know" and so I threw the bullshit flag and said "I've been with her for 9 years I think I would know such a thing" so K*te insists and says "well maybe she's just embarrased to say anything to you about it, haven't you ever noticed her zone out when we go out as a group, it's because she's having trouble hearing and doesn't feel like participating"

I said "No K*te, it's just that she doesn't like you very much"

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts
    If I don't like someone I just don't hang out with them. Its really easy. If they are really a friend and they do some dumb shit I tell them and if they keep doing it, I just don't hang out with them. Bitching about your friends is weak, if you have beef tell your friend, otherwise your the one they should have a pet peeve about. Don't talk shit about your firends.

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
    i got a good friend who always says "i'm completely flat broke, i can't even afford to eat right now, i literally have $3 to my name" and within a half an hour (or less) he asks me if I can cop him a sack

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    my friends who use the phrase "i work hard and play hard(er)". partying is not an achievement. grow up.

True... but working hard without losing your social life is. That's what I mean when I say that... and I do