Cham-ghetto story

matamaticmatamatic 488 Posts
edited August 2006 in Strut Central
I'm feeling this track...All I want to know is is this the artist formally known as Baby Cham? That is all.

Comments

• yes

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Yes.

• ayresayres 1,452 Posts
    Yes

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    Yes

• Yes, this came out 9 months ago.

• word. As the token reggae track that gets played on the "urban station" it's dope. I like that "RAH RAH RAH" sound.

The video kind of cracks me up, Cham is layed up on the hospital with shorts and long black socks.

• Cham is layed up on the hospital with shorts and long black socks.

Damn, rocking the Archaic look.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Cham is layed up on the hospital with shorts and long black socks.

I doubt one would ever find the one Archaic "layed [sic] up in the hospital" subjecting himself to lizardpeople medicine--he strikes me as a proponent of traditional healing through crystals and herbs.

I doubt one would ever find the one Archaic "layed [sic] up in the hospital" subjecting himself to lizardpeople medicine--he strikes me as a proponent of traditional healing through crystals and herbs.

Magic mushrooms, perhaps?

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    traditional healing through emotional power

Yo, I don't care how funky it makes me, I just want a line on the Psilocybin connects. Harvey, holler!

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts
    Is the remix with Alicia Keys gettin any play?

• Is the remix with Alicia Keys gettin any play?

Every time Faux_Rillz hits up Harlem Karaoke, it does.

I don't know why he insists on singing her part, though.

Every time Faux_Rillz hits up Harlem Karaoke, it does.

I don't know why he insists on singing her part, though.

I am captivated by the lyric about surviving on rice and honey...

• Is the remix with Alicia Keys gettin any play?

It does up here.

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts

It does up here.

i was wondering when this was hit... i was up at the bootleg record spot a while back and the test pressings for this were lying around the office... i saw that and was like "wow, that's a bad idea"...

It does up here.

So did the one Tom Breihan--perhaps you have other things in common?

Nah, for real, that version is trash.

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts

His piece was quite good

Ayo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

His piece was quite good

He's a smart guy and a good writer. His problem is that when it comes to certain musics--especially rap (which I suspect he started listening to about two years ago)--there are huge gaps in his knowledge and he doesn't seem averse to just making things up when he encounters such a gap. It doesn't take much specialized knowledge to understand that Alicia pretty much ruins the song, though.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    His problem is that when it comes to certain musics--especially rap (which I suspect he started listening to about two years ago)--there are huge gaps in his knowledge and he doesn't seem averse to just making things up when he encounters such a gap.

Are you suggesting that Da Unbreakables is NOT the greatest Three Six Mafia album?

His problem is that when it comes to certain musics--especially rap (which I suspect he started listening to about two years ago)--there are huge gaps in his knowledge and he doesn't seem averse to just making things up when he encounters such a gap.

Are you suggesting that Da Unbreakables is NOT the greatest Three Six Mafia album?

I will go further and suggest that Three-6 is not the greatest rap group of all time.

• CahootsCahoots 378 Posts
    -

His piece was quite good

He's a smart guy and a good writer. His problem is that when it comes to certain musics--especially rap (which I suspect he started listening to about two years ago)--there are huge gaps in his knowledge and he doesn't seem averse to just making things up when he encounters such a gap. It doesn't take much specialized knowledge to understand that Alicia pretty much ruins the song, though.

Even if he is a good writer, I can't take anything he says seriously after that "Rawkan" incident. I'm actually kind of surprised that you read his column after he continues to plays himself, you seem like a no-nonsense kind of guy. Or is that part of the appeal?

C'mon now--I read SoulStrut, right?

And everyone reads his column--he is the rap bloggerati's whipping boy of choice. Don't sleep on the comments section.

• CahootsCahoots 378 Posts
    -

His piece was quite good

Even if he is a good writer, I can't take anything he says seriously after that "Rawkan" incident. I'm actually kind of surprised that you read his column after he continues to plays himself, you seem like a no-nonsense kind of guy. Or is that part of the appeal?

C'mon now--I read SoulStrut, right?

Hahaha. Touch??.

And everyone reads his column--he is the rap bloggerati's whipping boy of choice. Don't sleep on the comments section.

Wow, you weren't kidding. Some of the comments are great.

from the rick ross post--

"Tom, your continued praise of rappers who can't actually rap makes me question what would happen if you actually stumbled onto a Nas or Biggie record or something. I'm seriously beginning to question the quality of "Fishscale" because you said you liked it."

"Lord please, this blog is only interesting because of the assenine blanket statements Tom consistently makes. It's real cute to watch someone use a soapbox and present themselves as an expert, only to be torn down by the posters in their blog who know waaaaaaaaaaaaay more than this dick."

Tom claps back at the hatters:

Come see me the next time I'm walking through Prospect Park and see what happens. It's cute to make threats when you're posting my Friendster page on some stalker shit and hiding behind an alias. I'm seven feet tall. You don't want it.[/b]

Posted by: Tom Breihan at July 13, 2006 02:11 PM

• Speech bubble please

Come see me the next time I'm walking through Prospect Park and see what happens. It's cute to make threats when you're posting my Friendster page on some stalker shit and hiding behind an alias. I'm seven feet tall. You don't want it.

• DrJoelDrJoel 932 Posts
    Cham is layed up on the hospital with shorts and long black socks.

Ribs and BBQ sauce?

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts

Speech bubble please

Come see me the next time I'm walking through Prospect Park and see what happens. It's cute to make threats when you're posting my Friendster page on some stalker shit and hiding behind an alias. I'm seven feet tall. You don't want it.
    Who's that in the foreground?

• uh... that's Just Blaze

• Does height automatically equate to "badass-edness"? I mean, are cats ducking and covering whenever Shawn Bradley and Chuck Nevitt come down the block?