Country Pet Peeves

batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
edited August 2006 in Strut Central
I'm not from the country, but why do peeps wave at you when u pass their house? Whatever.................................... real country heads HAYT pleez.

Comments

• sonofsamsonofsam 680 Posts
    I'm not from the country, but why do peeps wave at you when u pass their house? Whatever.................................... real country heads HAYT pleez.

i hate when you're the youngest dude at the farm, so they make you ride the primer seat, and the farmer thinks it's funny to drive real fast so the leaves that the primer misses slap you in the face... it also sucks that you're only 12 or 13, and have never touched tobacco so you have to throw up at the end of every row, and the farmer calls you a pussy and won't stop, so you just have to throw up on your shirt, and still make sure you catch the leaves so they don't hit you... you do usually get a pepsi or mountain dew out of the deal though, so it's not all bad... and you get PAID (for a kid) for that shit

i also hate when you are putting a tin roof on a barn, and the nails keep slipping out of the little dent you made so they wouldn't slip, and you break your thumb with the hammer

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    From country head to urban dweller, don't get me started. You don't wanna hear my list.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    Country Pet Peeves
    -Everything is far apart from each other. I would rather NOT drive everywhere but I have to.

-Sundays. Everything is closed (for religious purposes).

-Country folk that hatt on city folk. We're not that bad.

• puchitopuchito 374 Posts

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    this is easy.

OBESITY.

• im from the country. well, the countryside of central california so i dont think there's as many fatties here, but we're around.

i remember when i moved into town or the city and honestly city people are some fucking dipshits. i mean, seriously, city folk think theyre smart cuz they can talk in circles real fast and not really say or do anything. its like when all these "blue states" "lost" the last election and they go around saying how stupid all these "red states" are and that theyre inbred or whatever. and the bottom line is theyre basically buying into some form of classism and just calling these folks dumb and ignorant or whatever and looking down their noses at them. i mean, country folk may not be all book smart and they cant use big words to make you think theyre smart, but believe me, we're smarts.

and you know what's awesome? country girls. yup. i mean the rugged farm girls. i mean, yes i like city girls too cuz they dress like whores and i can almost see tittie and shit walking around LA, but you cant ever DO anything with them. well most of them. cuz theyre too prissy and play sports like, well, girls. country girls on the other hand you can wrestle with and you might get your ass beat but it aint no big deal for a farm girl cuz they arent treated any different. so now take a look at the chicks you city folk know and tell me they arent trapped in their own social crap.

and dudes, well the farm dudes, dont do stupid shit like wear euro-tight jeans and eye makeup with fucken neckerchief's and $300 nikes that they rub down with a wet nap every night and store in a humidor. fucken pansies.

you know what my favorite toy was when i was a kid? dirt. yup, a mound of dirt. best shit ever dudes, digging holes in dirt and making dirtramps for my diamonback and throwing dirt rocks at each other and burying shit and blowing shit up with doctored shotgun shells in the dirt. you fuckers missed out. but no, now you city folk got ataris and gameboy and internet and jerk off all day eating m&ms and drinking starbucks. you dipshits.

ok, im done.

• mistercmisterc 329 Posts
    -People moving here to "get away from it all"...and then complaining.

-Walking in the woods at night and having a hunter flash a spot on you from up in the tree cause he thinks you're a deer.

-2 words: gravel roads.

-Getting behind a tractor on a two lane windy-ass road, or a truck full of deer corn, wood, etc....

-Bugs...there are bugs on my front porch the size of my head.

-The local fucking news.

-That old bastard that comes by and knows just what's wrong with you're car, except he hasn't owned anything newer than a Pontiac Catalina...and it doesn't run.

-Store owners that get mad when you let the goat in...you built the shitty fence. I'm not arguing with a goat, he gets to do what he wants. I was chased in a lake by one once.

-2005-2006 edition: rusty 92 Caprices with 24s.

-Barn cats...they'll take you're fucking leg off.

-oxycontin...one dead friend and two in jail.

-Nothing is ever open on Sunday...nothing

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    -Store owners that get mad when you let the goat in...you built the shitty fence. I'm not arguing with a goat, he gets to do what he wants.

• and you know what's awesome? country girls. yup. i mean the rugged farm girls.

15 year old girls built like brick shithouses, .

Thats just how they do out there.

• coffinjoecoffinjoe 1,743 Posts
    this is easy.

OBESITY.

none of that in richmond..........

• vajdaijvajdaij 447 Posts
    number 1 with a bullet:

number 1 with a bullet:

co-sign

for years i thought i'd hit one doing 55mph+ on the highway
    now
    the darn things are eating my mater plants & pears

but the dawg does enjoy chasing em
    she can't believe something that large is such a big pussy

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Deer don't like Irish Spring, put it around your plants.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    number 1 with a bullet:

co-sign

for years i thought i'd hit one doing 55mph+ on the highway
    now
    the darn things are eating my mater plants & pears

but the dawg does enjoy chasing em
    she can't believe something that large is such a big pussy

Habanero Pepper in liquid form......just spray it around the perimeter of your garden.

• LordNOLordNO 202 Posts
    skeeters

But I dig the

• religion

religion

i don't hat on the not in my face non apostilitizing ones

no runz in yet, considering where i am, that's very encouraging

religion
    yes.
    (no offense to the religious folks out there)

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    religion
    yes.

You'd be surprised how much of it is here in the city. Dudes on the train yellin about Jesus early in the morning. Jehovahs on the corner like a doowop group, waitin for u to walk by so they can sell their Source magazines.

But lets keep it country.

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts
    religion
    yes.

You'd be surprised how much of it is here in the city. Dudes on the train yellin about Jesus early in the morning. Jehovahs on the corner like a doowop group, waitin for u to walk by so they can sell their Source magazines.

But lets keep it country.

Country = People Going to church

City = People telling you to go to church

not like i imagined

(& that's a good thing)

• Options
    yes, the country has the hillbilly dope
    and the lack of turntable culture creates like an informational asymmetry so we have to take advantage of things like SoulStrut, here.
    However, I am from the country and certainly look to it for inspiration, creativity ect.
    And I like havin allll the really rare heads whom create the occassion OUT OF THIS WORLD goldmine of records, ya know the live shit like bootlegged GD LP's or unopened interviews with Jimi Hendrix, that they are willing to seperate with for almost nothing at the right time.

monstu

And I like havin allll the really rare heads whom create the occassion OUT OF THIS WORLD goldmine of records, ya know the live shit like bootlegged GD LP's or unopened interviews with Jimi Hendrix, that they are willing to seperate with for almost nothing at the right time.
    Truth!

• Freezer Burn[/b] - people in the country save everything in the
    damn freezer, and it makes sense for them to. But they offer
    you a glass of sweet tea and bring it to you with about 9 gigantic
    ice cubes...and the tea is tasty, but with a faint afterburn of
    porkchops and deer sausage.

Ticks[/b] - insidious little bastards, they love me. For some
    reason you can't feel them crawling around on you or sucking your blood.
    After my last venture into the woods I picked off 3 or 4 right away.
    Then, a week later, I discovered a tick that had been lodged on my
    scrotum for a whole week, had gorged hisself, had become fat and lazy
    off my scrotum blood, fat and lazy enough to die.

Out Of Business Hair Salons[/b] - in really rural, or really depressed
    areas you can drive for miles without seeing a business, and then you'll happen
    upon one, a little shack or a cinderblock hut with a sign out front hawking
    'Kathy's Kuts' or 'Sally's Style Salon', windows soaped or papered-over,
    nary a single tire on the gravel. I guess they just couldn't keep up
    with the recession of the perm tide. It's depressing, every time I pass
    one of these 'Hair Today Gone Tomorrow' corpses, I always hear in my head
    a woman with a deep southern accent, projecting for the first time, possibly
    as rising off a sofa, "And that's what I'm gonna do! I'm gonna open my
    own hair salon up on 56 hear Holcomb Mill and I'm gonna do it!" and a
    man grunts approvingly in response, having never turned away from his
    widescreen satellite TV menu.

• LeftyLefty 259 Posts
    yom batmon why is that you are a faggot?
    do u like hairy ass?
    u like to get plugged
    ?
    what is it fag
    can i fuck you someday?

yom batmon why is that you are a faggot?
    do u like hairy ass?
    u like to get plugged
    ?
    what is it fag
    can i fuck you someday?

I dont have time for autographs son, beat it.

• I think another big one is lack of anonymity and autonomy.
    That is really the only other thing I can think of, and it's a pretty
    short stack compared to the city list, so I think I may be
    Ready For The Country Because It's Time To Go.

One thing first though - your neighbors and your store clerks,
    your postal carrier and your pump repairman - they will all know
    more about your doings than you would wish them to. If you're used
    to living in a city, you're used to a certain amount of anonymity.
    There are just too many people in a city to keep track of the
    comings and goings of each one. In the country it's more
    "I saw his truck pull out of there about 2 in the morning...
    oh me? I just happened to be up watering the tomatoes".

To an extent though, even this pet peeve could be avoided if you
    could afford any amount of acreage, at least then you could shield your
    domicile from prying eyes and ears, and only have to answer to whatever
    behavior you display while driving state roads or going into town
    for errands.

• this is easy.

OBESITY.

none of that in richmond..........

How is that a pet peeve? How does that affect you? Really, you might as well answer w/ a race and it would be no less silly.

• and dudes, well the farm dudes, dont do stupid shit like wear euro-tight jeans and eye makeup with fucken neckerchief's and $300 nikes that they rub down with a wet nap every night and store in a humidor.