Top 5 - ARCADE games of all time

13»

Comments

• snicka_gsnicka_g Hong Kong 276 Posts
    Street Fighter II was one of the illest games when it first came out. All the crazy moves with Guile,

Invisible Throw
    Hand cuffs
    The Statue Freeze

Once you had those moves down you could step to anyone, if you couldn't undo the freeze you would have to re-start the machine and give your opponent change for another game or run out the arcade fast! Then SFII Turbo came out with a shit-load of glitch/secret moves with Zangief climbing up the screen 20 times grabbing your oppenent with the pile-driver and dropping down the screen 20 times. Ryo with the high uppercut with 4 fireballs at the same time, you could finish the game in less than 10 minutes!

720 was another dope game, those damn bee's always got me!

I'm surprised no-one has mentioned,

Gas Panic!

There were some super bootleg versions in HK with real nude chicks if you could complete the levels!!!

• rolling thunder
    narc
    donkey kong
    gauntlet
    spy hunter

ring king was good...too many good games.

• For my money, I enjoy Sunset Riders 2-player action

GREAT GAME!

played this one on the sega genesis at home as well

• Street Fighter II was one of the illest games when it first came out. All the crazy moves with Guile,

Invisible Throw
    Hand cuffs
    The Statue Freeze

Once you had those moves down you could step to anyone, if you couldn't undo the freeze you would have to re-start the machine and give your opponent change for another game or run out the arcade fast! Then SFII Turbo came out with a shit-load of glitch/secret moves with Zangief climbing up the screen 20 times grabbing your oppenent with the pile-driver and dropping down the screen 20 times. Ryo with the high uppercut with 4 fireballs at the same time, you could finish the game in less than 10 minutes!

720 was another dope game, those damn bee's always got me!

I'm surprised no-one has mentioned,

Gas Panic!

There were some super bootleg versions in HK with real nude chicks if you could complete the levels!!!

I think you mean Gals Panic, though Gas Panick woudl be a funny one

I think these sports games deserve honorable mention:
    Track And Field (I used to use the pencil until they pu tup the pencil gaurds)
    Super Dodgeball
    Excitebike
    and my all time favorite:

Cyberball 2072

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
    Space Invaders II
    Pac-Man
    Ms. Pac Man
    Donkey Kong
    Joust

I'm glad there's MAME. I missed Neo-Geo when they came out, so don't fuck with me on Puzzle De Pon.

• MondeyanoMondeyano Reykjavik 863 Posts
    I agree.

The wife and I are thinking about getting a tabletop Ms. Pacman so when company comes over we can serve them chips and salsa and roy rodgers while they wait for thier table.

For my money, I enjoy Sunset Riders 2-player action

Crazy CLimber is for the real heads.
    Wow. This thread is crazy with the nostalgic shit. I love and loved Sunset Riders.

So many others though come into play like Bust a Move 2, Street Fighter II, Mortal Kombat III, Bombjack, that Simpsons game, Star Trek Deep Space 9 Pinball, a hentai game I can't remember the name of+infinity..

Liking this thread. More add-ons please as well as tips on how to play these monsters currently plaese..

• lamaslamas 39 Posts
    More add-ons please as well as tips on how to play these monsters currently plaese..

i was on a big emulator kick a couple years ago. download MAME and then search for the ROMs.

• Another classic thread. I just bought Donkey Kong 3(in good shape!)for $50 a couple of weeks ago. Not a bad deal at all!

• oops..forgot to post a picture.

• troublemantroubleman 1,928 Posts
    Another classic thread. I just bought Donkey Kong 3(in good shape!)for $50 a couple of weeks ago. Not a bad deal at all!

Thats dope....does anybody own a standup or coctail style video game machine?

• Another classic thread. I just bought Donkey Kong 3(in good shape!)for $50 a couple of weeks ago. Not a bad deal at all!

If anyone is interested in buying original stand up arcade game machines..holla at me. I got a hookup on about 30-40 different games. Most of them around $75-150. You'd have to drive to South Carolina of course..but this is what seperates the SERIOUS Pac Man players from the kiddies.

• troublemantroubleman 1,928 Posts
    Another classic thread. I just bought Donkey Kong 3(in good shape!)for $50 a couple of weeks ago. Not a bad deal at all!

If anyone is interested in buying original stand up arcade game machines..holla at me. I got a hookup on about 30-40 different games. Most of them around $75-150. You'd have to drive to South Carolina of course..but this is what seperates the SERIOUS Pac Man players from the kiddies.

If I only lived closer....

• yeah..oh well. But I am serious..if anyone is interested...shoot me a PM.

Pac Man,Q Bert,Millipede,Kung Fu,Phoenix,Galaga,those Pac Man sit down table joints(like Pizza Hut used to have back in the day), and much more!!!!!!!

ps: unfortunetly the Pac Man games are more then $75-150.

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
    I would like to get a machine down the line. I had read on a gaming board that you have some people who have made custom mods, so that it looks like a regular table, but it plays 10 to 20 games. A lot of the games, as you can see if you have the MAME emulator, were 20k or less.

The part that has the joystick and buttons are modified too, so it also has a ball if you want to play Centipede or something. They get as hardcore as anyone in any other hobby. I also read an article about a game room in Portland where they tweaked the screens, so that they look as new as they did in the 80's.