Should I pay $65 to see ATCQ?

13»

Comments

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    That makes sense to me. Yeah, El's solo is WAY overdue. Hope he hasn't missed that window of opportunity. Whatever really happned to Baatin? He was goin' through some personal shit or something? Dude just up and disappeared from the game.

• puchitopuchito 374 Posts
    In Detroit, September 1st - sayin' though. $65!?

Don't be a sucka! These guys should just give it up already, and try to do something new. Plus live hip hop shows can suck elephant dick! Especially when it's just a bunch of has beens rattling off the same old ass lyrics.

Don't get me wrong, these guys made some of the best hip hop albums ever. But they have not done shit since, and it just seems like they are trying to relive the glory days, while getting paid. I don't know who is gassing up these guys but they are doing a great job of it.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    Yeah, El's solo is WAY overdue.

I'm guessing that 12 track solo project never was released?

• If T3 and Elzhi are gonna be there too... It's worth 65 bucks.
    you must not be from 'round here.

OK, I'm not the biggest fan of T3's sloppy, smelly, spit-on-the-mic flow, but no love for Elzhi??
    It's not that. I dig both of those dudes. I'm just saying having them on the bill does not really sweeten the pot for me.

Elzhi is the man though. He needs to finish his solo album already. Cats are fiendin'.
    I'd pay $5 ~ $10 now to see SV. It's just not the same without Baatin and Dilla and with the prospect of no Dilla ever again - shit man. Add Baatin and I'd pay $15. I'd pay about $25 to see Tribe. So at this rate, I'd pay $30 to arrive early and get a prime spot up front. But no-oooooo, those seats are $65. $30 gets you the lawn, away from the energy... bump. that.

H**** thats a dead on cost breakdown. For 65 dollars you should be going to see Prince, which if some of yall didn't catch the musicology tour, you slept. 30 bucks sounds about right, i mean, you know that they are not going to go longer than an hour and a half (if that). Not that I wouldn't go see them now, but if you've been listening to hiphop since before they came out, chances are you've seen them at least once for 1/9th of that price.

btw, did you get my gift? Hope you have a good one.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    In Detroit, September 1st - sayin' though. $65!?

Don't be a sucka! These guys should just give it up already, and try to do something new. Plus live hip hop shows can suck elephant dick! Especially when it's just a bunch of has beens rattling off the same old ass lyrics.

Don't get me wrong, these guys made some of the best hip hop albums ever. But they have not done shit since, and it just seems like they are trying to relive the glory days, while getting paid. I don't know who is gassing up these guys but they are doing a great job of it.

Isn't the reason they haven't done shit is because they had broken up?

Plus, whats the difference between them and a huge portion of groups (None hip hop) out on tour now. Maybe this is a test for them to see what their fan base is like to maybe record again. Or maybe they just finally realized there is no money in recording and putting out a product and it's better to just go out on tour and sell T-shirts and shit.

I think Aser already said it's sold out here in Toronto. So, there must be a market for it.

People here weren't spending $34.50 to go see Roy Ayers, Jean Carne, Wayne Henderson, Bobbi Humphrey,
    Ronnie Laws, Jon Lucien & Lonnie Liston Smith. But they plunked down almost 60 bucks to see the tribe?

If ur a huge Tribe fan and downloaded every album of theirs off the net, I say go spend the money and have a good time. Shit, I spend more than 1/3 of that everytime I goto see a damn shitty movie in a theater (Ticket & food).

Plus, I'd hate if I was a fan, who's never seen the tribe & not go and they never do a concert again.

But then again, there were so many great quality hip hop concerts last year right that burnt a hole in peoples wallets!

But $60 is a little high. Has anyone stated if there is anyone else on the bill besides ATCQ & SV?

• gambitgambit 906 Posts
    That makes sense to me. Yeah, El's solo is WAY overdue. Hope he hasn't missed that window of opportunity. Whatever really happned to Baatin? He was goin' through some personal shit or something? Dude just up and disappeared from the game.
    Baatin is still around. I think he's going by Titus now. He's been working on solo work. It's actually kind of nice, which is refreshing and slightly shocking if you know anything about the dude personally. He's on MySpace; I believe some of his tracks are there too. http://www.myspace.com/baatin

moment in relation to SV: I was hanging out at Northern Lights a couple months ago and I was leaving to hit up another spot. T3 and Baatin are outside kicking it, conversing about how Dilla could have been the next Kanye. It was kind of crazy to hear those dudes talk like that. Sometimes it's cool to hang around in Detroit...

If T3 and Elzhi are gonna be there too... It's worth 65 bucks.
    you must not be from 'round here.

OK, I'm not the biggest fan of T3's sloppy, smelly, spit-on-the-mic flow, but no love for Elzhi??
    It's not that. I dig both of those dudes. I'm just saying having them on the bill does not really sweeten the pot for me.

Elzhi is the man though. He needs to finish his solo album already. Cats are fiendin'.
    I'd pay $5 ~ $10 now to see SV. It's just not the same without Baatin and Dilla and with the prospect of no Dilla ever again - shit man. Add Baatin and I'd pay $15. I'd pay about $25 to see Tribe. So at this rate, I'd pay $30 to arrive early and get a prime spot up front. But no-oooooo, those seats are $65. $30 gets you the lawn, away from the energy... bump. that.

H**** thats a dead on cost breakdown. For 65 dollars you should be going to see Prince, which if some of yall didn't catch the musicology tour, you slept. 30 bucks sounds about right, i mean, you know that they are not going to go longer than an hour and a half (if that). Not that I wouldn't go see them now, but if you've been listening to hiphop since before they came out, chances are you've seen them at least once for 1/9th of that price.

btw, did you get my gift? Hope you have a good one.
    Not yet... I just got at J*** recently, so I shall get it soon. I'm pumped. Thanks in advance holmes.

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts

That said, I'm guessing many shows will get cancelled at that price.

apparently tickets for the Toronto show have been selling like crazy...looks like they might sell out.

luckily i gots me a free one.

• i think $65 is a really bad look. i got to see em' in los angeles at the palace right when low end theory dropped. brand nubian and 3rd bass were the openers. i still have the low end theory huge 3 by 4 poster. oh and this show was only $7. peace, stein. . .

I think I was at this show, but I remember going to the Palladium on Sunset. we left early cause we heard Grand Puba wasn't in Brand Nubian anymore (just before the 2nd album dropped)

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts

Baatin is still around. I think he's going by Titus now. He's been working on solo work. It's actually kind of nice, which is refreshing and slightly shocking if you know anything about the dude personally. He's on MySpace; I believe some of his tracks are there too. http://www.myspace.com/baatin

Yea Baatin is an interesting dude to say the least. I met him/chilled with him on a couple occasions when he came up to Toronto.

the track 'Girl' on his site is real dope, produced by Robert Strauss, a local producer here in toronto. look out for his album late this year/early next (strauss that is).