HotStrut NRR

El PrezEl Prez NE Ohio 1,141 Posts
edited August 2006 in Strut Central
Man its hot as hell here in the OH10 its 91 degress and with the humidity(59%) it feels like 100....not to mention the weather in NY visit this past weekend...damn global warming. whats the temp in your area??

Comments

• Boston is hittin' a hundy today. left the windows in the car rolled down when i parked.

• pj4533pj4533 481 Posts
    /O.NEW.KBOX.HT.Y.0004.060803T1500Z- 060803T2100Z/ /O.CON.KBOX.EH.W. 0001.000000T0000Z-060803T0000Z/ CENTRAL MIDDLESEX MA-WESTERN ESSEX MA- EASTERN HAMPSHIRE MA- SOUTHEAST MIDDLESEX MA-SUFFOLK MA-EASTERN NORFOLK MA- EASTERN PLYMOUTH MA- SOUTHERN PLYMOUTH MA-BARNSTABLE MA- NEWPORT RI- INCLUDING THE CITIES OF... FRAMINGHAM...LOWELL...LAWRENCE... AMHERST...NORTHAMPTON...CAMBRIDGE... BOSTON...QUINCY...PLYMOUTH... MATTAPOISETT...CHATHAM...FALMOUTH... PROVINCETOWN...NEWPORT 525 AM EDT WED AUG 2 2006

...EXCESSIVE HEAT WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 8 PM EDT THIS EVENING... ...HEAT ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 11 AM TO 5 PM EDT THURSDAY...

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN TAUNTON HAS ISSUED A HEAT ADVISORY... WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM 11 AM TO 5 PM EDT THURSDAY. AN EXCESSIVE HEAT WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 8 PM EDT THIS EVENING.

TODAY WILL BE THE HOTTEST DAY OF THE WEEK...AS HIGH TEMPERATURES APPROACH 100 DEGREES OVER MOST OF SOUTHERN NEW ENGLAND. HEAT INDICES WILL RANGE FROM 105 TO 110 DEGREES THIS AFTERNOON... WITH ISOLATED VALUES NEAR 115 DEGREES POSSIBLE.

IT WILL REMAIN VERY HOT AND HUMID THROUGH THURSDAY...ALTHOUGH NOT QUITE TO THE LEVELS OF TODAY.

THIS WILL IS A RELATIVELY EXTREME EVENT FOR SOUTHERN NEW ENGLAND. THE HEAT WILL HAVE THE POTENTIAL TO BE A SERIOUS LIFE THREATENING SITUATION IF PRECAUTIONS ARE NOT TAKEN...ESPECIALLY FOR THE ELDERLY...CHILDREN...AND THOSE WHO WORK OUTSIDE BETWEEN 11 AM AND 6 PM EACH DAY.

PEOPLE IN SOUTHERN NEW ENGLAND SHOULD BE PATIENT WHEN ENCOUNTERING DELAYS AND PLAN ON ALTERING THEIR DAILY ROUTINE...IN ORDER TO REDUCE THE RISK OF HEAT EXHAUSTION...OR WORSE...BEING A CASUALTY OF LIFE THREATENING HEAT STROKE.

AVOID STRENUOUS OUTDOOR ACTIVITY... ESPECIALLY FROM LATE MORNING THROUGH THE EVENING...AND SPEND TIME IN AIR CONDITIONING IF POSSIBLE.

MAKE SURE ROOMS REMAIN PROPERLY VENTILATED IF AIR CONDITIONING IS NOT AVAILABLE...BY OPENING WINDOWS AND USING FANS. THIS IS ESPECIALLY IMPORTANT FOR THOSE IN THE URBAN CENTERS.

NO PERSON OR PET SHOULD EVER STAY IN AN ENCLOSED VEHICLE EVEN FOR THE SHORTEST AMOUNT OF TIME. TEMPERATURES QUICKLY RISE TO LIFE THREATENING LEVELS...EVEN IF THE WINDOWS ARE PARTIALLY OPENED.

AN EXCESSIVE HEAT WARNING IS ISSUED WHEN HIGH HUMIDITIES ARE EXPECTED TO COMBINE WITH HOT TEMPERATURES RESULTING IN HEAT INDICES OF 105 DEGREES OR GREATER.

• I'm in the West Village. It's 97 degrees but it weather.com says it feels like 108. That's damn hot. And I got a softball game in Central Park today. Being covered in sweat in front of so many ladies is so

• El PrezEl Prez NE Ohio 1,141 Posts
    cotdamn Boston is baking....

97 sheeesh I would have to sit out of that baseball game... hell I am second guessing going to a site today to look at purchasing a record collection....and I never ever cancel a appointment

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    what part of ohio are you in, sweatshop?

• montymonty 420 Posts
    it's below normal here in the valley of the sun, and always low humidity - we all have ac cars, etc. so we're lovin it

sorry about y'all in the east

what part of ohio are you in, sweatshop?

I am from Cleveland...live in Akron right now....and it is hot as hell!!!!!

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    Now all of you know what I've been dealing w/ since June.

• Deep_SangDeep_Sang 1,081 Posts
    DC=103
    Heat Index=115
    Kill me now

I got two warped ass records in the mail yesterday.

• I left the AC on in the record room today

on purpose

since June??? one more day of this heat is too much for me.... I have my ac going as low as it can go and in each room temp still reads 79/80 and that is still alot cooler then it is outside.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    it's below normal here in the valley of the sun, and always low humidity - we all have ac cars, etc. so we're lovin it

Yeah, it's strange here too. It's been around 10 degrees cooler than usual here for the last few days.

NY get it together before Fri!

DC=103
    Heat Index=115
    Kill me now

103???? shit I cant complain then since it is only 91 here with a index of 101... speaking of warped records i have three tubs of records in my trunk right now hopefully they will be ok beuuase there is no way i am going to try and carry that heavy shit in this heat..

• Deep_SangDeep_Sang 1,081 Posts
    DC=103
    Heat Index=115
    Kill me now

103???? shit I cant complain then since it is only 91 here with a index of 101... speaking of warped records i have three tubs of records in my trunk right now hopefully they will be ok beuuase there is no way i am going to try and carry that heavy shit in this heat..

you should think about moving them imo

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    since June???
    Unfortunately, yes. This (Georgia) Heat ain't no joke because you have to deal w/ something called humidity.
    I walked to work this morning (5:45 a.m) and it was 80 degrees (w/ about 85%-90% humidity).

DC=103
    Heat Index=115
    Kill me now

you should think about moving them imo

yeah Imma do that right now...i know if they get warped i will be pissed off.

• TheGoochTheGooch 541 Posts
    I never get why NYC makes a Huge Deal out of this. HEAT CRISIS. Mayoral press conference. Non stop news. And the worst doesnt even start till I get into the elevator at work. Can I just have a quiet elevator ride up to the 4th f*ckin floor without having to hear a convo. about the weather. People in NYC really trip. "Where are your local COOLING centers". stay tuned for the news for hot weather tips "dont leave children or pets in cars". This is really way to far. Do they bug out like this everywhere else in the US?

I never get why NYC makes a Huge Deal out of this. HEAT CRISIS. Mayoral press conference. Non stop news. And the worst doesnt even start till I get into the elevator at work. Can I just have a quiet elevator ride up to the 4th f*ckin floor without having to hear a convo. about the weather. People in NYC really trip. "Where are your local COOLING centers". stay tuned for the news for hot weather tips "dont leave children or pets in cars". This is really way to far. Do they bug out like this everywhere else in the US?

yeah they do the same here....the news is basically about the heatwave and recent floods that happened in the area last week.... carrying in these records makes it feel about 15 degrees hotter but at least i am done.

• I never get why NYC makes a Huge Deal out of this. HEAT CRISIS. Mayoral press conference. Non stop news. And the worst doesnt even start till I get into the elevator at work. Can I just have a quiet elevator ride up to the 4th f*ckin floor without having to hear a convo. about the weather. People in NYC really trip. "Where are your local COOLING centers". stay tuned for the news for hot weather tips "dont leave children or pets in cars". This is really way to far. Do they bug out like this everywhere else in the US?

I think that they're just trying to avoid what happened in Chicago a couple years back. 700 deaths in a city with 1/4 the population of NY, so imagine what can happen here. Plus the stress it puts on electricity. Trying to avoid a blackout like the one that happened in '02 and a couple weeks ago in Queens.

• Options

Yeah, it's strange here too. It's been around 10 degrees cooler than usual here for the last few days.

NY get it together before Fri!

You'll be fine, it's supposed to break back down to the low 80's tomorrow night.

I did 5 hours outside on the cables today with no shade, supposedly the heat index hit 119. Went through a gallon and a half of water and didn't pee until 2:45. I might be one of the only people at my job who enjoys working in this shit.

• Options
    OOOOOOH, I forgot to put this in the last post...

A UPS driver pulled up to me at a light today and asked if we have air conditioning in our trucks (which we don't). I said it's not so bad, I feel worse for them since they have the brown uniforms and have to run around all day. He said "Brown uniforms??? Fuck that, you know how hot it is in the back of this truck??? 130 degrees!! No lie! 130 fucking degrees back there." I said "Damn" and silently thanked the higher power that I didn't have a package of wax back there. Keep that in mind when you get things shipped. I never knew it got that hot in their trucks.

OOOOOOH, I forgot to put this in the last post...

A UPS driver pulled up to me at a light today and asked if we have air conditioning in our trucks (which we don't). I said it's not so bad, I feel worse for them since they have the brown uniforms and have to run around all day. He said "Brown uniforms??? Fuck that, you know how hot it is in the back of this truck??? 130 degrees!! No lie! 130 fucking degrees back there." I said "Damn" and silently thanked the higher power that I didn't have a package of wax back there. Keep that in mind when you get things shipped. I never knew it got that hot in their trucks.

damn I will remember that...

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    Buenos Aires 9??C = 48??F

I don't know what you are talking about

• I dunno. 75% of days since late May have been 97-100 here in Austin. I've probably had 15 records sent to me since then and I haven't had any problems at all.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    I made the mistake of going to Las Vegas 2 weekends ago. 120 (possibly higher in the daytime) 90-100 at night.

LA was sizzling up until a week ago. News had stories about people dying up and down the state.

I'm just wondering how all this record heat can be going on and people could still deny global warming.

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts
    The weather downhere is like what's shown in holiday's avatar.
    Not to hot,with a cool breeze blowing aaahhhh!!!!!!

• One of my reggae dealers stopped by yesterday, I said "Hot like this in Jamaica?" He said "Nah man! Jamaica got a breeze."

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts
    One of my reggae dealers stopped by yesterday, I said "Hot like this in Jamaica?" He said "Nah man! Jamaica got a breeze."

Yes so true,the humidity is low here.

One of my reggae dealers stopped by yesterday, I said "Hot like this in Jamaica?" He said "Nah man! Jamaica got a breeze."

I thought it was hot when I stopped by your shop last week....thats why I passed on directions to TSL (went there the next day)....its even hotter now...damn I am glad I got ac.