Japan

jdeezjdeez 638 Posts
edited August 2006 in Strut Central
I'm planning on going from Aug. 22nd to Sept. 5th. I would love any of the usual suggestions: Food, nightlife, museums, gardens, cities, etc. Do they have record stores there? I'm buying a 14 day rail pass and want to experience as much traditional Japanese culture as the crazy city life. I also want to go to the indoor beach and sleep in a robot. Thanks in advance peoples. Feel free to use this thread for stories or fun facts, traveling tips, etc.jd

Comments

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    I also want to go to the indoor beach and sleep in a robot.

• jimeyjimey 279 Posts
    where do you want to go?
    i hope i can be there next spring again. jim loves japan

• jdeezjdeez 638 Posts
    I also want to go to the indoor beach and sleep in a robot.

sayin

Aser and Cashless have been incredible help, I just want to hear from as many sources as possible

• I also want to go to the indoor beach and sleep in a robot.

HAHA i laughed hard when i read that.

There are many record stores in Japan.

Eat Horse Sushi or your soft.

You must visit WeNod (good dudes there)

I love Japan.Have a great time out there..take pictures and share storys.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    I'm planning on going from Aug. 22nd to Sept. 5th.

So those are the dates? If you could postpone a coupla weeks, I can show you around Kansai something serious. The Sheriff was already planning your itinerary and all that.

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    Hey aimhighshootlow, could you up some larger images, I'd like to view every molecule of the record stores.

• Hey aimhighshootlow, could you up some larger images, I'd like to view every molecule of the record stores.

sorry i have not yet mastered the interweb.

• Definately pick up a copy of the book Record Map which is a guide to 2nd hand record stores in most cities towns in Japan. A must if you are travelling around. It is available from most 2nd hand record stores or i bought a copy from HMV.Just ask for Recordo Mappu. It is all in Kanji but after a while you will decipher the code. I found it very useful in finding stores that were hidden in small streets, back lanes and places you wouldn't expect plus you can go to a city like Nagoya and hit 30 or so stores in a day armed with a map.
    Have fun, I spent 3 years in Osaka and the only thing I miss are the stores (oh and the 500,000yen a month salary with 5 months paid holidays)

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    Hey aimhighshootlow, could you up some larger images, I'd like to view every molecule of the record stores.

sorry i have not yet mastered the interweb.

Resize these then re-post them, they look pretty interesting.