JURASSIC 5 feedback

youngEINSTEINyoungEINSTEIN 2,443 Posts
edited July 2006 in Strut Central
i'm not sure if we are the intended audience for their new album or not. i'm just wondering if anyone has heard this album and what are your thoughts on it. peace, stein. . .

Comments

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    i'm not sure if we are the intended audience for their new album or not. i'm just wondering if anyone has heard this album and what are your thoughts on it.
    peace, stein. . .

Only heard 2 tracks so far; one iwth Dave MAtthews and another one which was pretty non-descript.
    They were talking about the Dave Matthews collaboration on Loveline a couple nights back, basicly they really want to cross over.

BEP pt.II

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,896 Posts
    Someone gave me this & Pharrell and also the Kanye West DVD.

I have yet to open any and check them out.

Should I bother or just give them away?

• rkwparkrkwpark 915 Posts
    besides the dave matthews joint, the album is solid. salaam remi & exile have a few beats on it and numark does a good job holding the production down sans cut chemist. j5 have never been great lyricists so you pretty much know what to expect. i get a little tired of the sing-songy harmonizing though.

• rorororo 22 Posts
    this album sucks !!! and hey , i'm a fan of j5, but without cut chemist, productions are wack !!!!

only a few good songs like "red hot" or "in the house"...but i'm really disappointed !!!!

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    BEP pt.II

Sound much more refined. Crossover appeal evident in many of the tracks. Definitely not as focused or interesting (from a beat-lovers perspective) as their previous albums. Too bad.

• raredaveraredave 205 Posts
    I won't be buying this one, there are a couple of dope tracks on the LP, but not enough to make me part with my hard earned ca$h, and I played the last LP a lot.

if the "the future sound" drops on a 12" I will be buying!

RD

• dmacdmac 472 Posts
    The Dave Matthews collaboration is a blatant bid for major league status. I wouldn't describe it as 'bad' so much as 'not good.' [Chali's verse saves it from the Black Eyed Peas pop-rap gutter, IMO.]

Anyone know if that's why Cut Chemist left?

• The Dave Matthews collaboration is a blatant bid for major league status. I wouldn't describe it as 'bad' so much as 'not good.' [Chali's verse saves it from the Black Eyed Peas pop-rap gutter, IMO.]

Anyone know if that's why Cut Chemist left?

Everyone including cut says that it was for Cut to explore his own career, which will be interesting to say the least. i think the bid for big willie status is a direct correlation to cut not being around anymore though. i do think he had a keep it real voice in the group that no one could ignore.

• dmacdmac 472 Posts
    Everyone including cut says that it was for Cut to explore his own career, which will be interesting to say the least. i think the bid for big willie status is a direct correlation to cut not being around anymore though. i do think he had a keep it real voice in the group that no one could ignore.

I hear that. I certainly can't imagine Cut *wanting* to cater to the big time.

• this album sucks !!! and hey , i'm a fan of j5, but without cut chemist, productions are wack !!!!

only a few good songs like "red hot" or "in the house"...but i'm really disappointed !!!!

yeah, I like 'in the house' as well, but was a bit disappointed because I already have doubles of "shine your light"

• BEP pt.II

That joint with the brown girl in the ring hook could well be the worst thing I've heard in the last few years (and I'm including BEP in that). The rest of the LP is seriously forgettable too, but I'm not a massive fan of thier barbershop stylings anyway, so go figuh.

• not really into it to be honest, the nu-mark produced tracks are alright although i have heard better from him. i definitely had a small voice saying 'BEP...BEP' in my head whilst listening to it though.