Mel Gibson Craziness (NRR)

Comments

• Worth: $850 million

• phatmoneysackphatmoneysack Melbourne 1,124 Posts
    I really wanna see that!

Do.

It's an entirely new movie-going experience!

• HawkeyeHawkeye 896 Posts
    Official Police Image

• Worth: $850 million

NOW this thread can officially "jump off"....

• Christopher Hitchens (who does bug me, but this first paragraph is pretty awesome) weighs in...

http://www.slate.com/id/2146880/nav/tap1/

• FUCK HIM AND HIS HOLOCAUST DENYING FATHER. REAL HEADZ ALREADY KNEW THE DEAL, NOW THE WHOLE WORLD DOES. I CAN'T WAIT FOR HIS PUBLSICIST TO CRAFT SOME EXCUSE.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    OK, here's something I'm having trouble understanding:

After Friday's incident, ABC pulled the plug on a miniseries about the Holocaust that Gibson's production company was developing.

But, isn't this the same person who said he questioned the extensiveness/severity of the Holocaust?

Why would ABC even consider backing a Holocuast project with him in the first place???

---

ABC pulls Mel Gibson Holocaust miniseries[/b]
    Wall Street Journal
    Tue Aug 1, 2006 3:19 AM ET

NEW YORK, Aug 1 (Reuters) - ABC Television Network pulled a miniseries about the Holocaust it was developing with Mel Gibson's production company, the Wall Street Journal reported on Tuesday, quoting an unidentified representative for the network.

Gibson was arrested on suspicion of drunk driving early on Friday and was reported to have launched into a tirade against Jews, asking the arresting officer if he was a Jew and blaming the Jews for starting all wars.

The actor, who holds strong conservative Catholic religious and political views and whose father is a Holocaust denier, apologized on Saturday.

The incident has raised questions about the future of projects Gibson and his Icon Productions company are working on, like the ABC television miniseries based on a memoir about a Dutch Jew during World War II, the newspaper said.

An ABC representative told the paper, without elaborating, it has been two years and the network still has not seen a script, so the project is being pulled.

A spokesperson for ABC, which is owned by Walt Disney Co., could not be reached for comment.

• That new Gibson movie about the Mayans sounds pretty cool actually. Not quite your standard Hollywood fare.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts

Why would ABC even consider backing a Holocuast project with him in the first place???

$$$$$$$

• dgriotdgriot 388 Posts
    That new Gibson movie about the Mayans sounds pretty cool actually. Not quite your standard Hollywood fare.

I love how this is like a single frame in the trailer:

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    Mel call me. I know some Rabbi's you can have a press conference with.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    schadenfreude

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    Official Police Image

The angle really compliments that receding hairline/Superman lick combo.

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    The Jews are responsible for all the wars in the world." Gibson then asked the deputy, "Are you a Jew?"

it's really an odd thing to say coming from a guy whose been in a mess of war movies

• HAZBEENHAZBEEN 564 Posts
    Official Police Image

L'Chaim!

• DJRELAXDJRELAX 452 Posts
    It's all downhill from here http://www.bbclosangeles.com/BBCNEWS_Mel_Gibson_Arrested_On_Terrorism.htm

The famous Australian-American actor, director and producer has been arrested at his residence today on terrorism charges. The details are still coming in at this time.
    The charges come two days after his run in with Southern California law enforcement. In the previous incident Gibson reportedly failed a breath test. He was charged on suspicion of driving under the influence and freed on bail.

The charges come as little surprise after his anti-Semitic comments such as ???Jews are responsible for all the wars in the world." Using the U.S. Patriot Act the FBI had been following Mel Gibson???s illegal terrorist activities for months. According to sources in the Los Angeles Division of the FBI, Mel Gibson had been funneling money through Australia, where Gibson had lived for many years, into Lebanon and Palestine to help Muslim Extremists fight against Israel. Some of the money went to groups such as Hezbollah and Hamas, no word on if any had been funneled to Al-Qaeda.

When asked what set off the investigation J. Stephen Tidwell, Assistant Director In Charge of the FBI in Los Angeles, made no comment. Internal sources from the FBI says it started when one charity organization went under investigation and funds from Mel Gibson were listed along with other comments regarding him in a positive light.

This story is still being updated as more information becomes available. The FBI Los Angeles division office is releasing very little information at this time.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    It's all downhill from here http://www.bbclosangeles.com/BBCNEWS_Mel_Gibson_Arrested_On_Terrorism.htm

The famous Australian-American actor, director and producer has been arrested at his residence today on terrorism charges. The details are still coming in at this time.
    The charges come two days after his run in with Southern California law enforcement. In the previous incident Gibson reportedly failed a breath test. He was charged on suspicion of driving under the influence and freed on bail.

The charges come as little surprise after his anti-Semitic comments such as ???Jews are responsible for all the wars in the world." Using the U.S. Patriot Act the FBI had been following Mel Gibson???s illegal terrorist activities for months. According to sources in the Los Angeles Division of the FBI, Mel Gibson had been funneling money through Australia, where Gibson had lived for many years, into Lebanon and Palestine to help Muslim Extremists fight against Israel. Some of the money went to groups such as Hezbollah and Hamas, no word on if any had been funneled to Al-Qaeda.

When asked what set off the investigation J. Stephen Tidwell, Assistant Director In Charge of the FBI in Los Angeles, made no comment. Internal sources from the FBI says it started when one charity organization went under investigation and funds from Mel Gibson were listed along with other comments regarding him in a positive light.

This story is still being updated as more information becomes available. The FBI Los Angeles division office is releasing very little information at this time.

I've looked all over the internet for confirmation on this story and haven't found it yet. If this is true thats a crazy and dramatic turn in this saga.

I'm talking beyond beyond!!

• kwalitykwality 620 Posts
    ^^^^^^
    Alright, if that's legit then Mel Gibson is a total cock and should be fucked and burnt, and all his money should be given to the poor chumps who've had to sit through one of his movies post- Mad Max.

• Haha. Nice try. Good one.

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    uhh, that news story is fake..here is what you get if you click "about"
    http://www.bbclosangeles.com/info.htm

• DJRELAXDJRELAX 452 Posts
    uhh, that news story is fake..here is what you get if you click "about"

http://www.bbclosangeles.com/info.htm

This story's not legit

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,915 Posts
    That new Gibson movie about the Mayans sounds pretty cool actually. Not quite your standard Hollywood fare.

Anyone else think he looks like Saddam in that shot?

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts

he looks very fiddler-on-the-roofesque.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    I am taking over/under bets on the number of Jews that Mel is going to have to stand with at a press conference in the coming months. I am thinking three is a good number (two rabbis and somone from Anti-Defamation). Thoughts from the Kangajew court?

I am taking over/under bets on the number of Jews that Mel is going to have to stand with at a press conference in the coming months. I am thinking three is a good number (two rabbis and somone from Anti-Defamation). Thoughts from the Kangajew court?

"Kangajew court" has got to be the worst pun ever!

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts

A bit, but I'm telling you, he's got some catching up to do before he can hang with my dad as far as looking like Saddam.

My dad:

Saddam:

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts

"Kangajew court" has got to be the worst pun ever!

I know but I couldn't resist. A clarification, this number does not include any Jews on his legal or PR team.

• VitaminVitamin 631 Posts
    Can I just say the following as a Jew:

1) Obvioso, dude hates the Jews. Fine. He can apologize, he can get a photo-op with the ADL, he can address Jews on Yom Kippur and he can sell Israel bonds, he can eat matzoh and cheese blintzes for a year, and it doesn't matter. He has issues. This is so beyond "hymietown."

2) I don't particularly care. If people want to think Jews start all the wars, run the media and the banks, and leave it at that. Whatever. Maybe it's living in Cairo, but there is a huge difference between the odd nutjob actor who has no plans to act on his hate and people who regularly take that hate, disseminate it and gin up terror against Jews.

3) And while I think personally prejudice against Jews, blacks, Mexicans or others is a problem in this country, I think it's folly to think we have to change everyone's attitudes. People are going to be bigots cause there's a lot of stupid people. But let's focus on this problem when that hate is married up to like an action plan. If someone makes a racist joke to his freinds, I think the joke teller is an idiot. But the focus of attention should be on racist employers or real estate agents or cops, or worse the remnants of racist terrorists like the Klan. The mission to change everyone's attitudes led to the folly of PC. And I say the same thing about hating on Jews. You want to think some stupid shit about Jews, be my guest. It's America, you have the right to be a fool. But when there is an industry of hate, that's the issue.

4) Max Max was awesome.

5) And to all my fellow tribespeople. Let's just let this go right now. There is so much more serious shit to deal with right now. Come on.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    Can I just say the following as a Jew:

1) Obvioso, dude hates the Jews. Fine. He can apologize, he can get a photo-op with the ADL, he can address Jews on Yom Kippur and he can sell Israel bonds, he can eat matzoh and cheese blintzes for a year, and it doesn't matter. He has issues. This is so beyond "hymietown."

2) I don't particularly care. If people want to think Jews start all the wars, run the media and the banks, and leave it at that. Whatever. Maybe it's living in Cairo, but there is a huge difference between the odd nutjob actor who has no plans to act on his hate and people who regularly take that hate, disseminate it and gin up terror against Jews.

3) And while I think personally prejudice against Jews, blacks, Mexicans or others is a problem in this country, I think it's folly to think we have to change everyone's attitudes. People are going to be bigots cause there's a lot of stupid people. But let's focus on this problem when that hate is married up to like an action plan. If someone makes a racist joke to his freinds, I think the joke teller is an idiot. But the focus of attention should be on racist employers or real estate agents or cops, or worse the remnants of racist terrorists like the Klan. The mission to change everyone's attitudes led to the folly of PC. And I say the same thing about hating on Jews. You want to think some stupid shit about Jews, be my guest. It's America, you have the right to be a fool. But when there is an industry of hate, that's the issue.

4) Max Max was awesome.

5) And to all my fellow tribespeople. Let's just let this go right now. There is so much more serious shit to deal with right now. Come on.

I take it you're not a big believer in the broken windows theory of crime prevention?