definitive NEXT LEVEL

Comments

• piedpiperpiedpiper 1,279 Posts
    Are you talking about the "Skull Melt" graemlin? That can only be used once in a blue moon, like the first post on this thread, skull melt worthy fo' sho.
    skullmelt, of course.

• If he had discovered Soul/Rap Musik at the age of four insted of computer games he would be a soul strut member.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    I dont know guys. hes clearly really really smart, but he still seems to have some pretty serious social issues.

I hope his videogames are beyond amazing though.

• widely known sickness in japan...

Hikikomori (ひきこもり or 引き篭り lit. "pulling away, being confined," i.e., "acute social withdrawal") is a Japanese term to refer to the phenomenon of reclusive adolescents and young adults who have chosen to withdraw from social life, often seeking extreme degrees of isolation and confinement due to various personal and social factors in their lives. The term "hikikomori" refers to both the sociological phenomenon in general as well as to individuals belonging to this societal group.

and one of my favorite japanese words with that...

btw, this is my personal most favorite SS thread ever!

ALL TIME CLASSIC

thnx for diggin this up

• Being highly obsessed with toilets, I did a website search for how toilets work...

edit:

Of 731 hours in a given month (close to the mathematical average), I'm out rarely any more than 10 hours of all that.

• progbeatzprogbeatz 451 Posts
    Someone should start a blog about how they spend all day reading this guys site.

• MondeyanoMondeyano Reykjavik 863 Posts
    This is the best thing I've seen in ages. Thanks x (~977) for posting. Amazing stuff.

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts
    If he had discovered Soul/Rap Musik at the age of four insted of computer games he would be a soul strut member.

Thanks, I hadn't laughed out loud from a strut post for a minute.

• BeatsoupBeatsoup 511 Posts
    Click Here!

strut needs one of these banners at the top of the page

http://www.ulillillia.us/sitebanners.html

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    People's responses to this guy's site are almost as good as the site itself.

• bloodcellbloodcell 208 Posts
    and here is when i decided to bookmark this kids page:

4.4 Imaginary friends - learn what my imaginary friends were like and their special abilities

• I emailed dude a couple of days ago and told him to check out SS re his website...his response:

I looked through that thread at this URL: http://www.soulstrut.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=696354&page=0&fpart=7&vc=1 I saw that there was a claim that my website is down. Yes, I'm undergoing a server migration. Haven't you seen the large, yellow-colored text on the main index yet? I stated that my site may be down and that it would span the next week. I'm otherwise no longer using the 0-1000 rating system as I found it a bit confusing. Now I'm using the "times better than neutral" system as it's easier to work with, both mathematically and understanding. One thing you could point to is the extreme play counts I have with Winamp. Take note of the variants of the songs I have though. It may seem like 20,000, but it's more around 60,000 putting all the variants together. In a short time, when the DNS propigation is done, I'll have a forum set up. I've already got in installed (within 15 minutes instead of 5 days, longer due to installing it to the wrong directory so I had to uninstall it and reinstall it to the correct directory to fix that - creating the categories and things haven't been factored in yet because I cannot do anything until DNS propigation is done). As to that one animation of my mud dreams, I'd like to make big improvements to it - increased realism and fogging effects. That image is from around 2003 - very old. If you want some more decent animations, look at category 8 on the main index.

propigation wha?

• BeatsoupBeatsoup 511 Posts
    have you guys seen his fireworks collection!

http://www.ulillillia.us/myblog/fireworks2006/theprocess.shtml

• This guy is gonna be in an AMA or APA journal soon.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,889 Posts
    And the story will end "...before turning the gun on himself."

I blame the parents.

• cHillercHiller 293 Posts
    th whole site is really interesting.
    thanks for the link!

• SkullLabSkullLab 58 Posts
    this topic is the "best topic ever" (TM). damn, there's just so many levels to this guy. I hope he gets some help but at the same time i dont cos this stuff is gold.

I mean just "ulillillia" =

• 4YearGraduate4YearGraduate 2,945 Posts
    Am I the only one who thinks this kids case is really depressing?
    And I qoute: "To the right from here is my sleeping area, which happens to be on the floor. I sleep on the floor for many reasons, the main one is the proximity to the heat duct to help warm up a lot faster."

Where the hell are this dudes parents?

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    Am I the only one who thinks this kids case is really depressing?
    No.
    This is pretty saddening.

I disagree. I don't think this is depressing at all.

Again, I think it's pretty obvious this guy has Asperger's or high-functioning autism. This site reflects the world inside his mind and highlights the differences in the way he thinks. It's not that common for people like him to want to express themselves so candidly and completely. While this site is no substitute for professional help, it would seem that it is a means of introspection for him, and could be quite cathartic.

To be precise: this is not a "normal" person who became this way due to extreme circumstances. This is a reflection of how he views the world. If he were expressing regret or pain at not being able to live a different sort of life, that could be seen as depressing. But for all appearences, he's currently doing what he wants to do.

• coffinjoecoffinjoe 1,743 Posts
    reminds me on nyc area collectro of 7" 45's,
    the dood with 20+ ink pens & a dozen straws in his shirt pocket,
    always wears a sports coat,
    has a catalog of art spec color charts with him.
    I don't think he ever plays or listens to the records
    its all about the shade of color,
    which type font
    where it was pressed
    etc

at first i thought he was mega collectro nerd,
    but he has some different thought process on going
    in his head

• 4YearGraduate4YearGraduate 2,945 Posts
    I agree with you, but at the same time it doesn't seem like his parents or family are taking even the most fundamental steps to keep him healthy. It seems like dude is fending for himself. Again, I don't know the whole story but at the same time I don't get the impression that anyone is looking out for dude, and that makes me feel a little for him. And yes, when I imagine his birthday parties and graduation party it does depress me. Just a thought though, carry on.

I agree with you, but at the same time it doesn't seem like his parents or family are taking even the most fundamental steps to keep him healthy. It seems like dude is fending for himself. Again, I don't know the whole story but at the same time I don't get the impression that anyone is looking out for dude, and that makes me feel a little for him. And yes, when I imagine his birthday parties and graduation party it does depress me. Just a thought though, carry on.

Well, you may be right about the people around him not providing enough support. It's hard to say, given such little information (not to mention the unsual perspective of the inormation provider).

As for the birthday parties, etc., that's my point exactly. People of this nature are usually not interested in maintaining "friends" in the same way we are. Did you read about his school experiences? He had "assistants," not friends. My nephew is the same way. Threre has been some disagreement as to whether my nephew has full-blown Asperger's or not (he definetly has something, but it may not be strong enough for an official diagnosis), but there are some striking similarities between his beahvior and what I've read on this site. My nephew is not interested in having friends. He'll play with other children (only one at a time) now and then for short periods of time, but he has no real attachment to any other children. What's important to remember is that's how he wants it to be. If he wanted friends, he would have them.

When reading about someone like this, it's important to remember that they often have very different priorities and needs than you.

• djannadjanna 1,543 Posts
    He mentions being in a "special class" several times, which leads me to believe he was receiving Special Education services. When a Spec. Ed student actually earns a high school diploma their services end, while students who earn a certificate of recognition or some other non-diploma are eligible for services after high school and through out adulthood. I wonder if he graduated with a diploma, if he did not he should still have people looking out for him, ie school district, county or regional center people.

Fascinating dude!

• hammertimehammertime 2,389 Posts
    thanks so much for posting this, it's fascinating. i sent a link to the site to my mom, who teaches kids with LD and other issues.

• youngEINSTEINyoungEINSTEIN 2,443 Posts
    does he have the forum up on his site yet? peace, stein. . .

• kwalitykwality 620 Posts
    I think the guys amazing, and I would seriously play his "Superhero Olympics" game. That would be and even better than any of the Marvel/Capcom spinoff games.

It's depressing in some ways, but in others it's great. I don't think that he's fending for himself, he's probably living with his folks and they don't enter into his mindgame. A friend of the family had something more drastic than this, and while "normal" people felt sorry for him, he was happy as a clam and more content than most. Just think of how many sour looking people you see stuck in traffic every morning...

• MorseCodeMorseCode 1,516 Posts
    This really reminds me of a website I saw a few years ago, definitely Asperger's syndrome all the way. It was a guy who was running for mayor in NYC, a cab driver at the time but he had been some math genius at UC Berkeley, then ran some corporate scam and ran off to Afghanistan and then Japan? Does this sound familiar to anyone? Anyways, the site had no coherence whatsoever, just hundreds of pages with tons of links to other parts of the site, really fascinating stuff but I forgot dude's name.

• ALRIGHT . but im mailing dude a blanket.

• This really reminds me of a website I saw a few years ago, definitely Asperger's syndrome all the way. It was a guy who was running for mayor in NYC, a cab driver at the time but he had been some math genius at UC Berkeley, then ran some corporate scam and ran off to Afghanistan and then Japan? Does this sound familiar to anyone? Anyways, the site had no coherence whatsoever, just hundreds of pages with tons of links to other parts of the site, really fascinating stuff but I forgot dude's name.

Yes! I feel like the name was Sam Shade or Spade or something. Big into chess as well, if I recall? He had crazy stories about escaping from Afghani prisons and photos of nearly every girl he had slept with...