definitive NEXT LEVEL

Comments

• bluesnagbluesnag 1,285 Posts

This site is absolutely amazing. I think I might study it in detail over the next year.

I think I might study it in detail over the next year and post an hourly 3-paragraph blog of my findings during my non-sleep time.

zing!

i was actually thinking something along those lines...my like-rating for that idea is in the 970 range.

on a separate note: i guess these songs he listens to over and over are songs that he's written himself? i wonder if they're anywhere on that page he has.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

on a separate note: i guess these songs he listens to over and over are songs that he's written himself? i wonder if they're anywhere on that page he has.

No, as he explains in the quoted text, they are the music
    for specific levels of a video game that he plays.

AKA

• DJRELAXDJRELAX 452 Posts
    OMG!!!!!!!!! Someone please invite him to the Soul Strut forums, come-on peo___. Does he explain this "mind game" anywhere? Ive been looking for 20 minutes now. I wonder if he's refering to his thoughts?

By the time I reached about 80 pairs of stained underwear, I had to take new measures to reduce the count. 80 was getting to be rediculous so I found a way to work around that. I probably have 30 shirts or so that are stained, 12 pairs of pants, 2 swimsuits, and 25 towels (only 2 or 3 others are good which causes me to take so long to find a towel). These numbers are so big compared to what most have, some of my stained clothing, despite being washed like 5 times, has been donated or even to my father who doesn't mind. There's so much underwear, you'd have to wait more than 2 months before underwear needs to be washed for my dad. Yowsers!

• wooshiewooshie 490 Posts

My mind game is my most complex system for getting ideas from, but the most used and most useful. If I, for example, have a case where some bad aliens are coming out of a space ship, the first thing would be playing the scene again and again. In one scene, I'd likely use the flash attack straight at the aliens. In another, I'd use ultima6 to seriously disintegrate everything (converting it to pure energy). In another, I'd use the speed blast. Other scenes would have me doing screwy things to the space ship or the aliens themselves. With my mind game, I can almost get a thousand scenarios for a small ten-second scene.

When such mind game events are decided upon as being the best, I transfer them into my stories converting them to match the setting, but keeping the basic ideas used, even if it means running at mach 2 through mountain valleys.

This is amazing. That sounds scarier than most women's mind games.

• kwalitykwality 620 Posts
    That's just amazing and scary all at the same time.

I'm gonna adopt the term "mind game" and bust it out as often as I can!

And why would his sister steal his hamburger helper???

someone needs to make a "mind game" graemlin with his pic

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,887 Posts
    I think it's pretty sad that his parents seem to be doing absolutely nothing about his problems, letting him dig a deeper and deeper hole in his private mind garden. The poor kid needs help.

• I've been watching Pink Panther a lot on Boomerang. Ever since I saw the episode titled "Pinkcome tax", I've been thinking pink this, pink that. Two of my highest favorite episodes are "Pink-tubular" featuring a tuba player heading into the woods to play his tuba and one of which I don't know the name for but involves trying to paint things blue or pink. These two are very funny which is why I like them the most. Pink Panther is one of my favorites along with the usual in the cartoon category: Bugs Bunny, Tom and Jerry, and Popeye (Popeye is borderline - 807 compatibility).

There goes my friday at work

• waxjunkywaxjunky 1,850 Posts
    Wow.

• The Raise UpThe Raise Up Golden Years... wah wah wah 452 Posts
    3.6.1 My most unexplained mystery

This is, by far, the most unexplained mystery I've run into. It was during grade 12 (possibly grade 11 (10% certain on grade 11)) while in the only area I go to that this happened. The story is recalled extremely well, even to some of the finest details.

At the start, I was correcting stuff. The teacher noticed that she had to make copies of something so I can use for my homework. I was about to correct a test consisting mainly of multiple choice. The teacher went off and I began correcting the test. My body was arched over at a 155?? angle (??5??) with my hands firmly anchored on the table looking down at the test. Then, what appears to be 4 seconds later, the teacher comes back with everything copied. Since that went so quickly, I figured she had the stuff copied already and just forgot about it. I asked her if she just found the stuff. She said that she had to copy it. I was then puzzled on how she could possibly have copied the content, about 15 to 20 pages worth, in just 4 seconds. It made no sense at all. She still said that she copied the full thing and she had a confused look in her face.

I've since concluded two things:
    1. The teacher is lying about the event (she seems very truthful so this was highly unlikely, although still possible so it couldn't be ruled out).
    2. I somehow jumped 5 minutes into the future almost instantaneously. This seems outrageous as well and far more unlikely.

You seem to have a 1 in a 1E4 (1 in 10,000) chance for the first concept to occur, and a 1 in 1E15 chance (1E15 is a million times a billion (aka, a quadrillion)) or so of the second concept. Both are rare things so it most likely has to go on the first one (which is a tenth of a trillion times more likely than the time jump idea). Even to today, this event still baffles me.

• ladydayladyday 623 Posts

I wish I could animate the screen.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    It was only around mid to late 2001 that my addiction to video games was lost.

Enquiring minds need to know what happened to separate this man from his gaming fun.

Actually, keeping a blog record of your dreams with rough pics is a damn fine idea, which I had the time to remember and log my dreams.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,887 Posts

Enquiring minds need to know what happened to separate this man from his gaming fun.

He discovered wanking? Worked for me.

• piedpiperpiedpiper 1,279 Posts

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts

He discovered wanking? Worked for me.

What with their need for focused concentration, isolation from society, hours spent staring at moving images on a screen and flexible but strong wrist muscles I always thought the two hobbies went...

wait for it...

hand in hand.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    I spent hours reading this shit yesterday.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    http://nf.wh3rd.net/dump/bluegrass_bobcat.mp3

^^^^The song he listened to "anywhere from 900,000 to 1,200,000 times."

• coffinjoecoffinjoe 1,743 Posts

• bluesnagbluesnag 1,285 Posts

holy shit. i'm really having trouble listening to this just once.

• BeekBeek 146 Posts
    Year 2007: [nonexistant]

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    His site seems to be down now. SS linkage causing excessive traffic?

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts

According to my calculations he'd have to listen to this song for around 7.29 YEARS[/b] straight to listen to it that many times.

x 900,000 - 1,200,000

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts

According to my calculations he'd have to listen to this song for around 7.29 YEARS[/b] straight to listen to it that many times.

x 900,000 - 1,200,000
    Your math is NOT ON HIS LEVEL. As he explains, he enjoys listening to it at an increased speed.

• MeasureUpMeasureUp 26 Posts
    It's almost like this dude is feral, but instead of being raised by wolves, he was raised by an Atari 2600. I'm surprised he doesn't type in binary.

I wish I could animate the screen.

Thank you! I spent about 2 hours last night reading his site and feel like I have only scratched the surface.

• ScottScott 420 Posts
    This was the saddest part of all:

When it comes to high school graduation, one would normally think of a fancy prom or party. I'm not exactly sure what a prom is, but have heard about them, seemingly for college. I was unlucky. I never had a graduation party, even though I did get my high school diploma. The teachers were thinking about it, it just never seemed to have happened. Oddly enough, my sister did. I've had nothing but failed parties so far (even birthday parties), the high school graduation party is one of those failed parties.

• andyhoopsandyhoops 154 Posts
    haha i bet we used up all his bandwidth! poor kidman

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts