Son Of Bazerk

CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
edited July 2006 in Strut Central
Is it worth RIPPING the vinyl or does anyone have the full length LP in good quality in a digital format (like actually having the CD or the MP3s.)

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    I have the cd but not the ability to MP3 it.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts

Do you have iTunes?

Do you have iTunes?

Here at work, yes. Should i bring the cd to work tommorrow?

• BeekBeek 146 Posts
    There are CD-quality MP3s out there... I know because I have them somewhere. You'll have to hold tight though, they're deep in the archives.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,900 Posts
    If no one does it, I'll do it for ya Cosmo when I get home!

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    Is it worth RIPPING the vinyl or does anyone have the full length LP in good quality in a digital format (like actually having the CD or the MP3s.)

was this any good? never heard it

Very good, but not great. Adventurous Bomb Squad production.

• dgriotdgriot 388 Posts
    There's a FLAC torrent of this up at oink right now.

• jdeezjdeez 638 Posts

I have the high quality bpm'd jernts at the crib. remind me if you don't have it by then...

• lambertlambert 1,166 Posts
    Anyone know what the context of dropping Ice Cube's name was, in "the band gets swivey on the wheels"?

I've never been able to figure that out!

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Anyone know what the context of dropping Ice Cube's name was, in "the band gets swivey on the wheels"?

He says, "Yo, flip me that Ice Cube track...WORD!" The Bomb Squad used the same drums on that song that they used on "AmeriKKKa's Most Wanted."

• lambertlambert 1,166 Posts

....The Bomb Squad used the same drums on that song that they used on "AmeriKKKa's Most Wanted."

AHA!!!
    Thank you for clearing up that some 15 yr old mystery for me.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    This is like one of my all time favorite albums. Shit is like 2356 and shit.

What's that, BODY HEAT, what's that, BODY HEAT.

Tony, Son Of Bazerk (Townhouse Three) were a bunch of dudes from Long Island that were from the Hempstead/WBAU crew, Public Enemy, Original Concept, that scene. The album came out between Nation of Millions and Fear Of A Black Planet, but instead of doing some old political PE shit these dudes were on some retro James Brown throwback shit with hints of reggae influence and shit.

I was trying to get a copy of it about a year ago because I wanted to play it for the Spankrock dudes, just to get them focused.

• coffinjoecoffinjoe 1,743 Posts
    these dudes were on some retro James Brown throwback shit with hints of reggae influence and shit.

that hardcore ending was nice too

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts

Bad Brains, right? On "Change The Style".

• coffinjoecoffinjoe 1,743 Posts

Bad Brains, right? On "Change The Style".

got to be

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts
    You know the lead singer is now in this band called "The Dix" with prince paul. I got a 7 inch by them. It was good, nothing crazy but i kept it

• 33thirdcom33thirdcom 2,049 Posts
    what could be better b*tch?

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts

Tony, Son Of Bazerk (Townhouse Three) were a bunch of dudes from Long Island that were from the Hempstead/WBAU crew, Public Enemy, Original Concept, that scene. The album came out between Nation of Millions and Fear Of A Black Planet, but instead of doing some old political PE shit these dudes were on some retro James Brown throwback shit with hints of reggae influence and shit.

I was trying to get a copy of it about a year ago because I wanted to play it for the Spankrock dudes, just to get them focused.

yeah i have this LP i like it a lot. you're right it sounds like PE meets james brown with other little influences. dope. might have to break it out tonight, good looks.

• piedpiperpiedpiper 1,279 Posts

yeah i have this LP i like it a lot. you're right it sounds like PE meets james brown with other little influences. dope. might have to break it out tonight, good looks.

I also like it a lot and this thread made me listen to the album again
    Unique delivery and great Bomb Squad production. The cover is pretty cool, too.

• SpacechoSpacecho 176 Posts
    What was the deal with them using that Diamond D Ultimate Force beat on side two? I've only got this album on cassette and can't find any credit for Diamond on there. Is there a story here? Did they have permission for that?

Its a real cool record, as most of the posts have mentioned. It has a great adventurous spirit to it :next_level:

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    Holy shit,

I had a dubbed copy on a TDK C90 that my boy Mike gave me with firm instructions to "listen to this shit man, i mean listen to it"

We were P.E. freaks and the SOB album blew my head off, then my tape disappeared and i forgot about it.

Shit, that was like 20 years ago.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Yeah good bump. They came out with a song recently produced by Johnny Juice and it's awesome.

http://www.slamjamz.com/music/viewdlsingle/478

• SnappingSnapping 995 Posts
    The second half of this interview is with Son OF Bazerk. He feels Hank Shocklee destroyed his career.

http://www.unkut.com/2008/05/dj-johnny-juice-and-son-of-bazerk-the-unkut-interview

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,917 Posts
    I don't write nearly half as much on my blog as I ought to, but I did write something on Son Of Bazerk earlier this year.

Proto-Post Hip Hop?