New Monch album

DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,917 Posts
edited July 2006 in Strut Central
Anyone heard this at all? Thoughts? I've only heard "Let's Go", which sounds well up to snuff (did Just Blaze do the beat?). He's doing some UK trade promo at the moment, and a friend of mine who's heard the album is pretty impressed with it. Curious to know if any strutters have been privy to it as well.

Comments

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
    Was in Berlin last week at the listening session and the album is proper. push, the a side to let's go is out now on spinemagazine to listen to and all other tracks are kickin it as well. my favourite besides these is his take on tom jones (forgot the name of the track) and a track called "what it is", which is dark and superheavy. The album really should blow this year. some of the best hiphop i heard this year easily...

• BeatChemistBeatChemist 1,465 Posts
    Ooooh I didnt' know this was coming out... sounds dope.

Is he getting all sing-song on the Tom Jones cover?? I like some of that stuff, but he's kinda inconsistent with it.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    my favourite besides these is his take on tom jones

noz salivates...

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    i really want this to be good but im not sure if it will be
    im guessing he didnt get on aftermath?

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    I'm mostly concerned about him going Sa-ra on us. I like Sa-ra but Monch should be ripping hard ass shit and leave the neo-wave soul beats to the ... less badass MCs.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

Supposedly on SRC, where he will no doubt replicate the resounding commercial success of David Banner.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    dude ripped that fish fillet track sa-ra produced
    im with him doing a mix of singing and rap stuff as long as it dont get too corny

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    Yeah I didn't hate that song but a whole album of it? get outta here. I like off kilter drums and modern soul type shit but it just doesn't seem like it puts Pharoahe to best use. I do like his singing tho. Its better when he keeps it gritty and gospel, sa-ra sound real refined to me.

Supposedly on SRC, where he will no doubt replicate the resounding commercial success of David Banner.

Yeah, SRC...not coming out till october though...commercial success is not an issue, it was more of an "image signing", *cough*

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    yeah, i dont think sa-ra is really capable of producing beats that let monch fully showcase his flow. i'm hoping there's no tracks with talib kweli on this but i'm probably being too hopeful.

Ooooh I didnt' know this was coming out... sounds dope.

Is he getting all sing-song on the Tom Jones cover?? I like some of that stuff, but he's kinda inconsistent with it.

singing and rapping...and no sa-ra neo soul on that one...

yeah, i dont think sa-ra is really capable of producing beats that let monch fully showcase his flow. i'm hoping there's no tracks with talib kweli on this but i'm probably being too hopeful.

no features besides some singers (some are not confirmed, but will be BIG) as far as i remember... it's only him rappin'...he produced some, one alchemist, some denaun and black milk from detroit...

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts

no features besides some singers (some are not confirmed, but will be BIG) as far as i remember... it's only him rappin'...he produced some, one alchemist, some denaun and black milk from detroit...
    this is great news
    anyone think a monch gangsta grillz would be some incredible shit? i would love to hear him shit over everyone's beats

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts

this is great news

anyone think a monch gangsta grillz would be some incredible shit? i would love to hear him shit over everyone's beats
    Hell yeah man, I just want to hear him on anything that sounds street. Keep him away from the headwrap crew please.

• TSGTSG 274 Posts
    Let's Go is dope...I was actually excited about hearing a delivery like that again.

The J. Dilla track and Push take a little getting used to...hope the album is more like Let's Go.

Would be dope to hear him brutalize some newer street shit...

• wooshiewooshie 490 Posts
    Black Milk is killin' shit.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Would be dope to hear him brutalize some newer street shit...

pharoahe monch + just blaze = theoretical