CDDB experience

akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
edited May 2005 in Strut Central
i thought this was kinda weird...last night i burned a cd straight from a record, and today when i put the cd in the computer, itunes found all the track names.now this usually happens when i put in a copied cd or a bought cd, but ive never had this happen with a cd i ripped straight from wax. thought it was strange...anybody else had this happen? did i just chop the tracks exactly how the cd is or does it match audio when finding track names?

Comments

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
    Maybe someone had burned the same album, indexed it at the right spots, and uploaded it to the database. What was the album, BTW?

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    Maybe someone had burned the same album, indexed it at the right spots, and uploaded it to the database. What was the album, BTW?

my friends aunt wanted us to make copies of some of her records, the one this happened with was The Ventures - Hawaii 5-0.

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts

my friends aunt wanted us to make copies of some of her records, the one this happened with was The Ventures - Hawaii 5-0.

Aaah, and there we go.

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts

Aaah, and there we go.

still, seemed strange even with a record that common. the track splits would still have to be the same right?

• BeardedDBeardedD 770 Posts
    In the past when I made LP rips or mixes that went out to more than one or two people I would always submit the tracklisting to the cddb so that people would be able to know what they were listening to. But recently it seems that those good folks have deleted all of that information and disabled any adding of info about non-major label releases. I say that because I have actually added info about a silver pressing (ie real, factory CD) from a friend, only to find that it didn't stick. FUCK THAT CDDB. Another example of a system made by and for the people until it gets big enough and turns into something else altogether (imdb is another fucked up example).

• youngEINSTEINyoungEINSTEIN 2,443 Posts
    thats a trip. i also heard bmi auto tracking system identifies songs without the dj having to write down what they played. i have heard a couple big dj's friends got scolded for getting too freaky with 2 copies(changing speed too much etc)while playing on radio. stein. . .

• Sun_FortuneSun_Fortune 1,374 Posts
    My itunes is doing crazy weird shit. Its giving names to the songs, but really obscure and wrong names. I burned a track the other day my computer named it "Ted Emiliani Demo Track." I'm not ted emiliani.

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    My itunes is doing crazy weird shit. Its giving names to the songs, but really obscure and wrong names. I burned a track the other day my computer named it "Ted Emiliani Demo Track." I'm not ted emiliani.

Hey, I experienced the same thing with a one-track cd my friend Ray burned for me with one of his tracks. CDDB came up with Ted Emiliani as well. Who is that Ted fella?