Classic rap album with no single

SLurgSLurg 446 Posts
edited July 2006 in Strut Central
I was thinking the other day if there ever was a rap album that was released without any single on it. I couldn't find any.The closer to it I think would be NWA's Niggaz 4 Life. There was a promo for Alwayz Into Somethin', but I don't remember it being commercially released. (or maybe just in the UK). I think it was a sort of concept because the tracklisting wasn't even printed on the artwork, only "contains 18 new songs". That was kinda bold.

Comments

• I have a 12" for appetite for destruction also. I dislike priority promos from that time period as they usually had the same clean version on both sides. who is really rocking clean versions of NWA besides the radio which wasn't really playing NWA anyway?

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Freestyle Fellowship - To Whom It May Concern

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    Paul's Boutique

No offical single as far as I know. They had some re-mixed EP's released like Love American Style and the Shadrach EP. I think there may have been a promo of a Hey Ladies that wasn't the Love American Style but I've never seen it.

• bluesnagbluesnag 1,285 Posts
    Paul's Boutique

No offical single as far as I know. They had some re-mixed EP's released like Love American Style and the Shadrach EP. I think there may have been a promo of a Hey Ladies that wasn't the Love American Style but I've never seen it.

i have a 45 of hey ladies.

• SLurgSLurg 446 Posts
    Paul's Boutique

Then it depends on what you called a single. But anyway, there was a 45 and a cassingle for Hey Ladies/Shake Your Rump.

• SLurgSLurg 446 Posts
    Freestyle Fellowship - To Whom It May Concern
    Then again, it depends on what you call a classic.

(please don't make it another Project Blowed 78-pager...)

But it's already a 168 pager:

• SLurgSLurg 446 Posts
    You're still mad that Cannibal Ox is in there and not Ridin Dirty ?

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

I'm mad at that--anybody that actually likes rap would be.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts

I'm mad at that--anybody that actually likes rap would be.

Well, I believe The Cold Vein invented the "futuristic soundscape."

Cannibal Ox is in there?

Also, I have always said that Innercity Griots is by far the best Fellowship album. I'm still saying it.

• NiteKrawler45NiteKrawler45 1,062 Posts
    Paul's Boutique

Then it depends on what you called a single. But anyway, there was a 45 and a cassingle for Hey Ladies/Shake Your Rump.

A 45 is, by definition, a single

• Don't think there was a single off Kaos - Courts In Session LP was there?

Please do not say this LP is not a classic!

• BeatChemistBeatChemist 1,465 Posts
    Didn't know the 'strut had such a disdain for Can Ox....

• DJAckDJAck 255 Posts

of course. strutters just like chicken noodle soup with a raer turd on the side.

• SLurgSLurg 446 Posts
    If you ask me it's a classic, as much as Court's In Session...

• BeatChemistBeatChemist 1,465 Posts
    It's got it's lows, for sure... but there are some moments that really work. Vast Aire is probably in my top ten fav mcs, and I think this album is some of El-P's best production. I'm always a little surprised when people just completely dismiss it.

I lost my instrumental 2LP of the album...

Sorry to hijack...

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts
    Vast Aire was[/b] probably decent at one point[/b], and I think this album is some of El-P's best production.

Sorry to hijack...

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    Vast Aire was[/b] probably decent at one point[/b], and I think this album is some of El-P's best production.

yeah dude ran a moderately interesting style into the ground with the quickness. i liked that record when it came out but vast has really become unbearable over the years. which is odd because i can't think of another song i've heard him on since that album, but i know he was on a gang of shit that we charted when i did college radio and i've since blocked from my memory.