"Smoking" joints...

Rix22Rix22 67 Posts
edited July 2006 in Strut Central
Excuse me in advance if this topic has been discussed previously. I searched to no avail.Trying to create a "smoking" compilation and I could use some assistance. Outside of the obvious like Redman, Cypress Hill and The Luniz, what artists/tracks specifically address this topic?

Comments

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    Devin The Dude - Doobie Ashtray (Primo on the beat)

• mattBmattB (FTB) Anywhere 673 Posts
    Rasputin Stash - Hit It and Pass It[/b] on:

• piedpiperpiedpiper 1,279 Posts
    There is an uptempo reggae cover of "Outkast - Hey Ya", the verses are dealing with pot and the chorus is "Gaaaaannnnnjjjaaaaaa!". Just heard it yesterday for the first time on a mixtape. Anybody knows the exact group and title of that?

• Rick James - Mary Jane.

No Cypress Hill please

• Imperial_MaoImperial_Mao 1,119 Posts
    Gangstarr : Take 2 and Pass

• TobiTobi 187 Posts

and of course The Wild Magnolias "Smoke My Peace Pipe (Smoke It Right)"

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    T H R E E S I X M A F I A

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    D'Angelo - Brown Sugar

• kitchenknightkitchenknight 4,922 Posts
    Rick James - Mary Jane.

No Cypress Hill please

I was actually thinking recently that since I'm out of High School, I wouldn't mind hearing some Cypress Hill again.

Anyway, I'll always bump OC- Burn Me Slow for this topic, off the Buckwild Compositions comp. My favorite burner.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Mac Dre - I Need a Eighth
    Mista Grimm - Indo Smoke
    UDI - All I Think
    RBL Posse - Don't Give Me No Bammer Weed
    Devin - Like a Sweet
    Scarface - Mary Jane
    Mystikal - Smoke Something
    Blac Monks - Buddha Nature

This list could go on forever...

• Options
    Linval Thompson - I Love Marijuana
    Chosen Few _ Collie Stuff
    Ken boothe - Silver Words
    Roman Steart - HErbalist

...K.

• bluesnagbluesnag 1,285 Posts
    There is an uptempo reggae cover of "Outkast - Hey Ya", the verses are dealing with pot and the chorus is "Gaaaaannnnnjjjaaaaaa!". Just heard it yesterday for the first time on a mixtape. Anybody knows the exact group and title of that?

That's Wayne Marshall, i think the tune is just called ganja, but i'm not sure. He also did a take on outkast's "whole world" with a tune by the same name, and the hook was "the whooole wooorld got to legalize gaaanjaa ah ah ah aaaah". he's been described as the weird al of reggae.

• Special_EdSpecial_Ed 315 Posts
    Do or Die - Smoke My Weed, the title of the song is corny but this joint is raw.

I listened to this allllll the time in highschool while sparking.

• RafaelRafael 120 Posts
    "Golden Lady" Stevie Wonder, Jose Feliciano

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts

That's Wayne Marshall, i think the tune is just called ganja, but i'm not sure. He also did a take on outkast's "whole world" with a tune by the same name, and the hook was "the whooole wooorld got to legalize gaaanjaa ah ah ah aaaah". he's been described as the weird al of reggae.

The only thing I've ever heard of Wayne Marshall was an album my gf's friend brought round on tape. The first time I heard it I knew I had to have it. Featuring such classic lyrics as "Let's all have an orgeeeeeeee, strictly adult's only", "Got my finger on your button dialling 999, your body is a crime" and, my favourite "Let me hear you say'ooh,aah' when i hit your g spot baby", I knew a future classic was sitting right there in my tapedeck.

• MorseCodeMorseCode 1,516 Posts
    weed comps =

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
    "Skunk" - Gangsta Rhyme Posse

and cosign "Don't Gimme No Bammer Weed" by RBL Posse. Classic.

BIG BAD AND BLUNTED VOL. 1

ya'll ever see this kind of shite at record stores?

those are right up there with the lowrider comps

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts

This list could go on forever...

Keef Murray - "get lifted"

Kast - "crumblin erb"/"hootie hoo"

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    Some years ago a friend of mine threw together a little edit mix of weed-related tracks and quotes from both music and movies.

Nothing but "smoking" joints???

Nothing fancy, just a 30 minute cut'n'paste type of thing. Many of the previously mentioned tracks are used in it along with others that could serve as inspiration.

• those are right up there with the lowrider comps

whose mad at lowrider soul?

yeah lowrider comps are dope! Not mad at those at all. You seen those Soulful Thangs Vol. 1-3. Those are the shit. Weed comps have always just seemed corny to me, not really based on musical merit. Now if we're talking about tracks that are fun to listen to stoned that's a whole other thread waiting to happen. Probably alreadly has.

• piedpiperpiedpiper 1,279 Posts

cool, I will watch out for the record. cheers

• vajdaijvajdaij 447 Posts
    I bet we've all seen comps on the Stash label of old blues and jazz tracks with titles like 'Call the Tea Man'. It ain't the Luniz, but it's still smoking!

yeah lowrider comps are dope! Not mad at those at all. You seen those Soulful Thangs Vol. 1-3. Those are the shit. Weed comps have always just seemed corny to me, not really based on musical merit. Now if we're talking about tracks that are fun to listen to stoned that's a whole other thread waiting to happen. Probably alreadly has.

i don't think the music is bad on any of those comps but the covers and presentation are always cheesey as hell. weed comp, lowrider comp, whatever. it's all cheesy marketing crap. good music, usually. though i'd rather just cop the originals for $3 in the next bin in most cases.

• jjfad027jjfad027 1,594 Posts
    Artifacts- Lower the Boom
    Richie Rich- Pillow
    Sublime- Get Ready
    Devin- Sticky Green

• jjfad027jjfad027 1,594 Posts
    MC Pooh- Fuckin Wit Dank

Has anyone mentioned

11/5 - Garcia Vegas

yet?