Low Budget thoughts

funkyexamplefunkyexample 915 Posts
edited July 2006 in Strut Central
Who has seen Low Budget rock a party? Is it the truth? Does he have a draw around the country?

Comments

• Dude he kills it and PEOPLE KNOW!

• LordNOLordNO 202 Posts

I saw Low Budget at a Hollertronix party in Bmore last summer. Diplo is a way better DJ, at least he was then. Diplo actually appeared to be setting up mixes for him- getting between him and the tables, getting the levels right, etc.

I'm not hatin. that's just what I saw.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    Dude he kills it and PEOPLE KNOW!

dude saying he's a bad dj cos he was watching them dj the whole time? why you watching shit instead of dancing?

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

dude saying he's a bad dj cos he was watching them dj the whole time? why you watching shit instead of dancing?

I'm watching you watch the DJ DJing.

• Special_EdSpecial_Ed 315 Posts
    I saw him w/ Spank Rock a few months ago. It wasn't like "DAMMMMMMMMMMMMN THIS CAT IS DOPE!" but it wasn't like "MANNNNNNN THIS FOOL IS FUCKING THE VIBE UP!"

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts

I'm watching you watch the DJ DJing.
    im watching you post about watching me watching the dj djing

• emyndemynd 830 Posts
    He's hands down the best party DJ I've ever seen.

-e

-e

My only problem with him is that I still judge party DJing by the same standards that I did 5 and 10 and 20 years ago.... partying and DJing. By default this now makes it difficult to find "new party DJing" enjoyable. I find "talent" to be more important than "Swagger". More important than "Fashion" and how much crack you've sold or how many times you have been shot, or how much a party DJ beleives his own fantasy. If I were 15, this would probably persuade me a lot more, but at 30 I'm only interested in the music, not who's poster would look thweet on my wall.

• CahootsCahoots 378 Posts
    -

• I find "talent" to be more important than "Swagger". More important than "Fashion" and how much crack you've sold or how many times you have been shot, or how much a party DJ beleives his own fantasy.

I've only seen him DJ once, but I thought he was really fucking solid. Notwithstanding Hollertronix hype and the frequently stan-boy Lowbee message board, he strikes me as a down-to-earth, no bullshit dude.

Plus, Club Shottas is a real nice mix.

Plus plus, he's been shot twenty-nine times, exclusively dresses in couture that he only wears once and has sold more crack than Nino Brown and the CIA put together.

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts

-e

low-bee is fucking legit. i've seen dude a few times, with Wes and by himself. Went to philly for halloween last year and dude killed it.

funny too...cuz me and the young lady are in philly this weekend and we are gonna check out low-bee and diplo at an after party tonight.

philly stand up.

• Double_BDouble_B 169 Posts
    I saw him last night, and I've seen him a bunch of times before. He's real good.

However Brendan Bringem from philly is insane too.

• ayresayres 1,452 Posts

I saw Low Budget at a Hollertronix party in Bmore last summer. Diplo is a way better DJ, at least he was then. Diplo actually appeared to be setting up mixes for him- getting between him and the tables, getting the levels right, etc. I'm not hatin. that's just what I saw.

Straight up - you don't know what the fuck you're talking about. There's no way Diplo was setting up mixes for Low-Bee. Low Bee is far and away a better DJ than Diplo in terms of technical skills, and Diplo will be the first person to tell you that. It has always been that way - Diplo got good fast, but Low Bee was always good and has been djing for a lot longer. In terms of selection they are different - Low Bee is more about straightforward Philly style party rocking (hip-hop, reggae, classics, live acapella blends, baltimore club), and Diplo is more into weirder "global tastemaker" type shit (baile funk, mashup shit, grime, whatever whatever).

• djdepositdjdeposit 224 Posts

Straight up - you don't know what the fuck you're talking about. There's no way Diplo was setting up mixes for Low-Bee. Low Bee is far and away a better DJ than Diplo in terms of technical skills, and Diplo will be the first person to tell you that. It has always been that way - Diplo got good fast, but Low Bee was always good and has been djing for a lot longer. In terms of selection they are different - Low Bee is more about straightforward Philly style party rocking (hip-hop, reggae, classics, live acapella blends, baltimore club), and Diplo is more into weirder "global tastemaker" type shit (baile funk, mashup shit, grime, whatever whatever).

this sounds about right
    and low B is a damb good dJ

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Low Bee used to carry my crates.

• Low Bee used to carry my crates.
    You hiring?

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    I saw Low Budget and Aron LaCrate play here in Copenhagen a couple of months ago and they were definetely tearing it up.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Low Bee used to carry my crates.
    You hiring?

Yeah, just make sure that Serato box is all set up when I get there.

• MjukisMjukis 1,675 Posts
    I came to a Diplo and Low-Bee gig in Stockholm with very high expectations. They were fulfilled.

• tehswedetehswede 31 Posts
    I came to a Diplo and Low-Bee gig in Stockholm with very high expectations. They were fulfilled.

AYO!

Really l've seen low bee dj about 150 times.

LordNo, plaese to take your mouth off.

hi guys!

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    fo real, these dudes and the rub dudes are pretty fucking seamless with their shit. i would say my boy diplo has expansive music knowledge...world shit, but also deep with old records too.
    went to the mummers thing last night and dip's set killed it at the outset but did degenerate into some rave sounding shit that i wasnt really feeling. maybe im getting old.

anyway,lowbeez and cos are some homegrown ass cradle to grave type djs, not no johnny come latelies. plus, mike was rocking a phillies cap last night, which has gotta be worth something

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    mike was rocking a phillies cap last night, which has gotta be worth something

I don't know man, I heard you're the one that got all the wild hats.

• LordNOLordNO 202 Posts
    Quote:

I saw Low Budget at a Hollertronix party in Bmore last summer. Diplo is a way better DJ, at least he was then. Diplo actually appeared to be setting up mixes for him- getting between him and the tables, getting the levels right, etc. I'm not hatin. that's just what I saw.

Damn. should've kept my mouth shut cause dissing folks on the internet is not my thing. maybe I saw dude on an off night, maybe I had too much caffeine when I soulstrutted yesterday. oh well, my bad...

homegrown ass cradle

Many on SoulStrut could benefit from such a device...

Damn. should've kept my mouth shut cause dissing folks on the internet is not my thing.

Yes--please leave dissing folks on the internet to professionals such as myself.

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    homegrown ass cradle

Many on SoulStrut could benefit from such a device...

hahaha........

patent that shit!!!!

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    Low Bee live is that schitt. unfukwitable. anything that gets white hipster chicks to shake they asses like they got anything back there to be shakin, is wonderful.

This is kitchy. aka, good: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=VB9N6H3O