More Shadow Chatter (shadow reunited w/ MPC60)

soul_lurkersoul_lurker 99 Posts
edited July 2006 in Strut Central
josh's ears must be ringing from all this chatter but i thought cats might dig this:http://www.urb.com/online/features/djshadow.shtmlplus check out the urb cover; wassup w/ the eyebrows????

Comments

• mcdeemcdee 871 Posts
    what a waste of an interview. couldnt they find anyting interesting to talk about?

• EYEBROW MAINTENANCE

• ariel_calmerariel_calmer 3,762 Posts
    what a waste of an interview. couldnt they find anyting interesting to talk about?

Don't you like watching dudes talking about and caressing music hardware ever so gently????

PS: were they doing construction in the background or something?

• I think they call it a photo shoot, damn gaffers are so loud with their tape and all.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts

Don't you like watching dudes talking about and caressing music hardware ever so gently????

PS: were they doing construction in the background or something?

The sense I got was that this was at the photo shoot, where the set was still being put together (hence the construction in the background), and that to kill a little time, the interviewer asked Shadow about his MPC and ended up having this little conversation about it. Basically, this was a side conversation that URB thought might be interesting for readers/Shadow fans, but it wasn't the main interview.

• joostjoost 46 Posts
    correct.
    the main interview is here:

http://www.solesides.com/index.php?page=article&id=87

• knewjakknewjak 1,231 Posts
    "I don???t want dudes in their 30s sitting around pondering the significance of this or that. Fuck the dumb shit. I want kids to be singing my music."

well said.

• ariel_calmerariel_calmer 3,762 Posts
    "I don???t want dudes in their 30s sitting around pondering the significance of this or that."

Well he won't like people posting about him on soulstrut, then!

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    hate it or love it, dude keeps expanding his repertoire

change and progress are key

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    hyphtastic

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    seriously dude seems to have his head on straight.

• seriously dude seems to have his head on straight.

• theory9theory9 1,128 Posts
    seriously dude seems to have his head on straight.

• Special_EdSpecial_Ed 315 Posts
    "I don???t want dudes in their 30s sitting around pondering the significance of this or that. Fuck the dumb shit. I want kids to be singing my music."

Haha, Shadow just ethered the entire SoulStrut community.

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts

Haha, Shadow just ethered the entire SoulStrut community.

I LOVE THIS GUY NO AYO BGUT THAT ENDTRODUCING 2LP JOINT IS THE M*TH*RFU*KIN BOMO DIGGY!"!!!! ALERT.....RIGHT ON!

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
    BOMO DIGGY

this sounds like something.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    can we talk about this?

Josh Davis, you???re a beautiful man.

http://www.solesides.com/index.php?page=article&id=90

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    BOMO DIGGY

this sounds like something.

It sounds like a phrase that would appear in the Village Voice... possibly to describe Outkast.

I do not want to hear it again.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    That said, it???s no secret that Shadow (whose heart is in hiphop) likes this type of stuff and he has always based his music on existing music, so it can???t be a real surprise for people that he made this. Also, I???m surprised by how many people (long time Shadow fans included) actually dig 3 Freaks, so good for them.

With that, I should stop reading the review...but I will go ahead and painstakingly continue...

After that, there???s ???Turf Dancing??? featuring Bay Area rappers The Federation & Animaniaks. Again inspired by the Hyphy-movement, but this is a phenomenal, high energy track, with pretty good drum programming, hard drum sounds and a nice built up (which sounds like a laserbeam speeding up or something) which can easily become a club-banger.

We'll see about club-banger. At least the reviewer likes a hyphy-oriented track.

Not sure here about the gun / beatdown sounds near the end, as they???re just going to confirm the thinking that hip hop is violent and all about guns to the casual listener.

Yes, that will definitely be the clincher.

After having listened to the album for some time, I felt ready to write a well-though-about review, which ???The Outsider??? deserves. So I really hope, although it???s far from listening to the album yourself, this review gives a nice picture of how my view on ???The Outsider??? is.

Not really, but thanks for describing how you hope to describe the album for us. That's really neat.

• joostjoost 46 Posts
    can we talk about this?

Josh Davis, you???re a beautiful man.

http://www.solesides.com/index.php?page=article&id=90

haha! sorry about that line man.... It freaked more people out And I'm not going to edit the review anymore...