What's Good in Your Life Right Now? (NRR)

2»

Comments

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    not much.
    working on shit though

• montymonty 420 Posts
    just got one of these

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    thanks man, i appreciate that

i didn't want to kill the post though - people need to post that good shit. bottom line is, i'd rather be in this position with an incredible wife and family, than not be but never having had my family at all, if you get what i mean.

Bro, you are maintaining a great attitude, that is admirable. My thoughts go out to you and your family.

aLAN.

• Looking forward to my new son in about 10 days.
    Happy with what I've been writing lately.
    Reading like a fiend (at least one, sometimes two books a week, don't ask me where I find the time...)
    Still losing weight, and as a result enjoying just getting out and doing stuff.

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    my girl...ridiculously sweet. She is constantly bringing me lunch, or drinks, or something up to work for me. When I have been out late the previous night DJing, she wakes me up with elaborate breakfasts like cream cheese and black cherry stuffed french toast. She is always getting me movies I want to see...she is just amazingly sweet, thoughtful and caring. I didnt know girls like her exsisted. Hell, she evens trims my beard and does my laundry (even though I insist I will do it myself) It gets hard trying to find things and errands to do for her because everything is already done! We are currently looking for a house together.

Although I am a pauper, my job is the best I have ever had...doesnt pay what I really need, but I get to fuck with records all day long. Its strange having a job where knowing what pressing that Freddie Roach LP is is job-related and not an errant fact thrown out that causes another co-worker to look at me and say "what the hell are you talking about?"

semi-permanent DJ gig means I have some extra moolah I can count on for the next few months.

although my finances should tell me otherwise, I am happier than I have ever been in years.

• Rich45sRich45s 327 Posts
    My mother in law was diagnosed with having cancer a few months back. I know it's rough, man, but hang in there. My thoughts are going out to you and your entire family.

thanks man, you and yours too. seems like i know too many people affected by cancer as well. the other positive i can't fail but see in it is that it's ovarian cancer but we have 3 amazing children already - it's horrible it's happening at all but if it'd come a few years sooner we might not have had children at all

my financial situation is looking grim in light of the fact that i'm the only earner in the house and it's not easy holding down a 9-5 whilst looking after a wife undergoing chemo and 3 kids

my perspective on all that is crystal though - my glass might be a disposable plastic cup but it's half full from where i'm standing

All the best for what you and yours are going though. A bit of practical advice here. Claim up for DLA for your partner.

http://www.direct.gov.uk/DisabledPeople/...&chk=j4gVFM

Theres also a link on the side to other benefits you may be entitled to. Probably the last thing you want to do right now is filling out forms, and by christ there's a lot of them, but do it as soon as.

• kitchenknightkitchenknight 4,922 Posts
    For all those dealing with sickness, just stay strong and send love to those who need it. I'm a cancer survivor (infantile cancer) and my fiancee was pronounced cancer free this year after thyroid cancer in '02. it can be beat.

life is pretty ok right now. really excited about getting married in september. last weekend's jack & jill picnic party, complete with extra inning wiffle ball spectacular, made me realize how much i love my friends.

i love my future wife, and i love can't wait to drop the 'future' from that. i'm enjoying my new job, and learning a lot, and spent an hour talking football yesterday with a fox analyst. not a bad day's 'work'. Then, impersonated Jon Gruden in a phone interview for a TV pilot. Fun stuff, and doesn't feel like work.

working out 4 days a week, basketball on a fifth. getting along with my parents, and was asked to be my cousin's Godfather.

yeah. give me a few months, until football season starts kicking my ass at work, but right now, i have zero to gripe about.

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
    my girl...ridiculously sweet. She is constantly bringing me lunch, or drinks, or something up to work for me. When I have been out late the previous night DJing, she wakes me up with elaborate breakfasts like cream cheese and black cherry stuffed french toast. She is always getting me movies I want to see...she is just amazingly sweet, thoughtful and caring. I didnt know girls like her exsisted. Hell, she evens trims my beard and does my laundry (even though I insist I will do it myself)

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    my girl...ridiculously sweet. She is constantly bringing me lunch, or drinks, or something up to work for me. When I have been out late the previous night DJing, she wakes me up with elaborate breakfasts like cream cheese and black cherry stuffed french toast. She is always getting me movies I want to see...she is just amazingly sweet, thoughtful and caring. I didnt know girls like her exsisted. Hell, she evens trims my beard and does my laundry (even though I insist I will do it myself)

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts

ha. nah, I have dated certifiables before, I can tell now. she aint.

• waximilienwaximilien 352 Posts
    i dunno how DLA works but i'll look into it. thanks for the link man & thanks to everyone for the positives.

• word, my wife was diagnosed with cancer last monday (not yesterday). lately fucking sucks. what's good, though, is that she's incredible and so are my 3 kids.

Wow--stay strong and try to maintain that perspective.

word. stay strong.

Strong family and friends make a world of difference. I wish you the best, man. stay up!

For me, my girl just got back from Europe after 6 weeks away. It was rough at times while she was gone and I was nervous to see her, and we had some shit to talk about / work through, but everything seems cool right now. What makes it tough though is that today I am leaving for 10 days for work...I am going to Tanzania, so it could be worse, but it sucks because we have only been able to spend a few hours together last night and this morning...no complaints though.

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts
    Can't complain. Vermont in the summer = Good Life

• BeekBeek 146 Posts
    Quit my job yesterday!
    I don't have anything else lined up yet, but sometimes you just have to pull the plug.

• coldcutscoldcuts 388 Posts
    Can't complain. Vermont in the summer = Good Life

Nice. I was up there last winter. I fell in love with it. I'm dying to go back.

Quit my job yesterday!
    I don't have anything else lined up yet, but sometimes you just have to pull the plug.

So did I. I'm going back/away to school which is what's good in my life right now.