Have y'all seen?

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Or maybe its just a good song?
    What dont u like?
    U&Dat, but nice selective memory anyway.

LOL

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts

The worst they can do is look confused, and stare at you like you're the only boca burger at a steak buffet.

an insult to boca burgers...

but seriously...it's been a loooooong time since i heard LB's first album (the only one i've heard) but i vaguely recall them actually understanding their fate as back-pack/boom bap/never gonna really be big in the skreeetz rappers. When did they get the gas head and think that they were actually gonna make it?

and shit like this:

I know me and Pooh don't have a 'leanwidditpeanutbutterandtaffy' song with its own accompanying dance

gets me so vexed. in my eyes LB is LCD rap, damn near making the same song with the same beat each time. and the irony of them thinking they are the under appreciated artists while making cookie cutter "golden age hip-hop" music is just kinda sad.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    I care about Little Brother as much as I care about D4L/Dem Franchise Boys/Etc.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    I care about Little Brother as much as I care about D4L/Dem Franchise Boys/Etc.

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts

The worst they can do is look confused, and stare at you like you're the only boca burger at a steak buffet.

an insult to boca burgers...

but seriously...it's been a loooooong time since i heard LB's first album (the only one i've heard) but i vaguely recall them actually understanding their fate as back-pack/boom bap/never gonna really be big in the skreeetz rappers. When did they get the gas head and think that they were actually gonna make it?

and shit like this:

I know me and Pooh don't have a 'leanwidditpeanutbutterandtaffy' song with its own accompanying dance

gets me so vexed. in my eyes LB is LCD rap, damn near making the same song with the same beat each time. and the irony of them thinking they are the under appreciated artists while making cookie cutter "golden age hip-hop" music is just kinda sad.

1). Boca Burgers? I-ight I guess. I'm more of a wildwood tofu dude myself

2). You would of thought Lil' Bro would of maybe gotten at least a head-nod AT BEST. Sucks for them and their place in the grand scheme of hip-hop.

3). I don't think they're that "golden age" sounding. I always thought they where more on the "Common/Roots" tip. I don't know, I haven't really checked their LP's.

4). Even though 9th's production can be a little repetive, you can say the same shit for a lot of the snap stuff that's dominating the radio right now. With the exception of "What you know" it all sounds the same.

5).I WANT TO KNOW WHAT BLACK SOULSTRUTTERS HAVE TO SAY ABOUT THIS[/b].

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts

4). Even though 9th's production can be a little repetive, you can say the same shit for a lot of the snap stuff that's dominating the radio right now. With the exception of "What you know" it all sounds the same.

my beef with this is that while maybe D4L and Dem Franchise Boys have a similar sound to each other (circa '06), Lil' BroBro have a similar sound to Pete Rock & CL (circa '92).

i'm not sayin there isn't a market for nostalgic hip-hop, just like the garage rock/post punk bands today that make it "kinda" big. but to assume that there is something "wrong" with the crowd because they don't "get it" is pretty pathetic.

my beef with this is that while maybe D4L and Dem Franchise Boys have a similar sound to each other (circa '06), Lil' BroBro have a similar sound to Pete Rock & CL (circa '92).

i'm not sayin there isn't a market for nostalgic hip-hop, just like the garage rock/post punk bands today that make it "kinda" big. but to assume that there is something "wrong" with the crowd because they don't "get it" is pretty pathetic.

Word word I see, I see. I wonder if what Phonte (or was it Pooh?) was asking if there was something wrong in their taste in music or if he was really asking a bigger question.

He really should of just left the post to how bad the show was instead of attacking the audience. It just looks bad on his part, regardless if he's wrong or right. It just seems mad complain-y.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

Of course you can--I don't think anybody would dispute that.

The difference is that dudes that make repetitive snap music are honest about what it is that they're doing/trying to do. And they don't think that they have some sort of a moral claim on a larger audience than the one that they have.

And, Young Phonics, please tell me that you don't think "What You Know" has anything to do with snap music.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    To me LB have always sounded more like late 90s jay dee than pete rock.

The difference is that dudes that make repetitive snap music are honest about what it is that they're doing/trying to do. And they don't think that they have some sort of a moral claim on a larger audience than the one that they have.

And, Young Phonics, please tell me that you don't think "What You Know" has anything to do with snap music.

the whole "should music have some morality" is like a 18 pager at best. I'm not even going to comment on it. Especially here.

I not a snap-ologist, I was more thinking more along the lines tempos of "southern tracks", but you're right it's missing the obvious "snap" snare.

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts

WRONG! Jay Dee had more than one snare! LOL! HAAAAAAAAAAA

Plaese do not EVEN try to compare LB to ANYTHING Jay Dee related. Thank you.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts

WRONG! Jay Dee had more than one snare! LOL! HAAAAAAAAAAA

Plaese do not EVEN try to compare LB to ANYTHING Jay Dee related. Thank you.
    I didn't say they were as good at all, I like Jay Dee and don't really fuck with little brother, but they certainly sound a lot more like they're going for his aesthetic than pete rock's.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

the whole "should music have some morality" is like a 18 pager at best. I'm not even going to comment on it. Especially here.

This ain't that, though.

This ain't "Should music endeavor to have a moral dimension?"

This is "Do artists have a moral claim to an audience because they subscribe to an aesthetic that has become passe ?"

And the answer is obviously no. In fact, the question is so stupid that it's insulting.

Little Brother has exactly the audience that they deserve.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    D4L and Dem Franchize Boyz are both 10 times better than Lil Brother.

Lil Brother does not even have their own dance. One of the dudes in the group doesnt even rap. They should be thankful that they still have a major label deal.

• 33thirdcom33thirdcom 2,049 Posts
    I think part of their confusion is that when they come to places like Los Angeles they sell out venues on multiple nights... Yet when they go back home and don't get a head nod, it's probably very unsettling to them. But again this was not their crowd. It would be similar to a D4L playing at an okayplayer/headwrap/neosoul show...

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    They should be thankful that they still have a major label deal.

real talk - and I think the clock is ticking on that status, too.

• catchdubscatchdubs 492 Posts

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts

AND THEY ARE DOING OKAY AT THAT!!! DUDES ARE MAKING MONEY AND PEOPLE KNOW WHO THEY ARE AND THEY FUCKS WITH EM!

I just think bitching about hip hop is part of their marketing strategy.

• AaronAaron 977 Posts
    It's called "strawman marketing."

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    in my eyes LB is LCD rap

A good friend of mine refers to crunk/snap music to GED rap.

Herm

• wooshiewooshie 490 Posts
    I can't stand reading this OKP board, They all got little quotes on the end of their posts.

"what constitutes a prostitute is the pursuit of profits..." -Lupe Fiasco

What kind of line is that?

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    that boads is terrribel man

i know, mang how terrrible is it? pretty terrible, mang.

can i get a co-sign?

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Hell yes. I was just talking aboujt teh creation of the okay player bords tonight and its terrible because its all weirdos and like youngsters that are like bitter at the age of 22.

I totally [email]knows@![/email] Unlike strutter and we's all have life wifes or we get mad pussy and we still angry and pussy and angsty like matrix shadwo.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Hahaha i know!!!

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    angry and pussy and angsty like matrix shadwo.

LOL[/b]

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    I think part of their confusion is that when they come to places like Los Angeles they sell out venues on multiple nights... Yet when they go back home and don't get a head nod, it's probably very unsettling to them....

They made the bed ....now they gotta sleep in it ..

fuck them ....i will no longer support them ..

their whole shit was/is intentional ...

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    john cochran Says:

July 18th, 2006 at 3:34 pm
    THAT WAS THE SMARTEST POST i???VE EVER READ ON THIS SHIT. YOU MADE ME THINK, CAUSE I WAS MADE AT THE MASSES AND THE SOUTH FOR A MINUTE. THANKS FOR THAT YO.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    john cochran Says:

July 18th, 2006 at 3:34 pm
    THAT WAS THE SMARTEST POST i???VE EVER READ ON THIS SHIT. YOU MADE ME THINK, CAUSE I WAS MADE AT THE MASSES AND THE SOUTH FOR A MINUTE. THANKS FOR THAT YO.