Have y'all seen?

13»

Comments

• SLurgSLurg 446 Posts
    That's like the Stray Cats complaining that the Radiohead audience is too dumb to understand their music !

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts

Don't get it twisted....I understand how the 'concept' of Little Brother and/or "Minstrel Show" can be off putting and even intimidating to today's mainstream Black audience (three college educated niggas who ain't trappin and/or reppin one particular hood or housing project = The Cosby Show in the eyes of most niggas....real talk)......

I really wonder sometimes if my music is that 'intelligent' or are niggas just that dumb? (Or 'conditioned' to be a little more PC about it?)

I'mma keep doin' me and sadly assume the latter.

Blaming the audience for not being smart enough = Pathetic

Maybe the audience just didn't like them..?

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

Don't get it twisted....I understand how the 'concept' of Little Brother and/or "Minstrel Show" can be off putting and even intimidating to today's mainstream Black audience (three college educated niggas who ain't trappin and/or reppin one particular hood or housing project = The Cosby Show in the eyes of most niggas....real talk)......

I really wonder sometimes if my music is that 'intelligent' or are niggas just that dumb? (Or 'conditioned' to be a little more PC about it?)

I'mma keep doin' me and sadly assume the latter.

Blaming the audience for not being smart enough = Pathetic

Maybe the audience just didn't like them..?

Nah, I think Noz is probably correct that the audience's reaction didn't rise to the level of "dislike"--they were simply uninterested, in the way that rap concert audiences usually are towards music they don't know.

But the reason that nobody knows or cares to know Little Brother's music is that it's boring and anachronistic.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    john cochran Says:

July 18th, 2006 at 3:34 pm
    THAT WAS THE SMARTEST POST i???VE EVER READ ON THIS SHIT. YOU MADE ME THINK, CAUSE I WAS MADE AT THE MASSES AND THE SOUTH FOR A MINUTE. THANKS FOR THAT YO.

Thats from the comments on Noz's XXL post about this.