Top 5 European Cities

LeftyLefty 259 Posts
edited July 2006 in Strut Central
1. praha2. paris3. london4/5 basel/freiburg tie

Comments

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
    1. Praha (yeah, goin next weekend again, can't wait)
    2. Berlin
    3. Amsterdam
    4. Paris
    5. London

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    My faves

1. Firenze
    2. Amsterdam
    3. Krakow
    4. Rejakvik
    5. Paris

• LamontLamont 1,089 Posts
    1. ghent
    2. berlin
    3. prague
    4. florence
    5. amsterdam

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts

4/5 basel/freiburg tie

For records? Cause there ain't no record in Freiburg. Ask Dreskieboogie! We tried to find some, but the Freiburg stores suck!

The most beautiful cities in Europe:

1) Hamburg
    2) London
    3) Edinburgh
    4) Stuttgart
    5) Paris/Amsterdam

For records:

forget about the big cities. it's all about the small towns over here...

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts
    4/5 basel/freiburg tie

While Basel is indeed a nice little low key place. It creeps me out to see Freiburg being mentioned here. I had the unfortunate experience of having had to live there some 10 or 11 years ago and the urge to get the fuck out of that shithole was so strong that I left my girlfriend stranded there and head straight for Berlin after one long endless year. Even though I really loved and still love that girl (reunited after she had finished school and also managed to get out of there and married last year...) I knew I had to get out or else I would have ended up shooting myself in the head. What a horrible, kitschy, ugly shitty spot. Even though it's close (but by no means geographicaly or culturaly part of-) such beautiful regions as the Black Forrest or the Kaiserstuhl (Germany's top winegrowing region) the city of Freiburg is not a city, it's the essence of everything that's negative in the word PROVINCAL. If they would build machines that could dig holes big enough, I would make it my goal in life to become rich, buy one of those fuckers, dig a hole and dump Freiburg right in it. Seriously, sometimes I still have nightmares about that dump! Only thing that city was ever good for was being the location for Argento's Suspiria and I think that one wasn't even shot on location... too bad otherwise it would have been the most horrific of all horror movies.

Hell, maybe I should get rich and just nuke the fucking place.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    BERLIN!!!
    Budapest
    Istanbul
    Krakow
    Lugano

My vote for the shittiest place is Beil, (Sp?) Switzerland. Home of Rolex, and the downright most racist place EVAR!

we need to have a 5 best airports thread. Frankfurt is awesome. Charles DeGaull is the absolute WORST.

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts

While Basel is indeed a nice little low key place. It creeps me out to see Freiburg being mentioned here. I had the unfortunate experience of having had to live there some 10 or 11 years ago and the urge to get the fuck out of that shithole was so strong that I left my girlfriend stranded there and head straight for Berlin after one long endless year. Even though I really loved and still love that girl (reunited after she had finished school and also managed to get out of there and married last year...) I knew I had to get out or else I would have ended up shooting myself in the head. What a horrible, kitschy, ugly shitty spot. Even though it's close (but by no means geographicaly or culturaly part of-) such beautiful regions as the Black Forrest or the Kaiserstuhl (Germany's top winegrowing region) the city of Freiburg is not a city, it's the essence of everything that's negative in the word PROVINCAL. If they would build machines that could dig holes big enough, I would make it my goal in life to become rich, buy one of those fuckers, dig a hole and dump Freiburg right in it. Seriously, sometimes I still have nightmares about that dump! Only thing that city was ever good for was being the location for Argento's Suspiria and I think that one wasn't even shot on location... too bad otherwise it would have been the most horrific of all horror movies.

Hell, maybe I should get rich and just nuke the fucking place.

I was argueing about the record stores of Freiburg, because I didn't dare to say that Freiburg sucks as a city. But my brother lived there and says exactly the same things about it. Freiburg must be pretty lame. Haha!

I thought Strasbourg was cool though. No records in Strasbourg, but a cozy place.

• schoggischoggi 298 Posts
    1. praha
    2. paris
    3. london
    4/5 basel/freiburg tie

thanks for the vote i come from/still live in BASEL!
    must say it's not at all the best place for record diggin'
    but it's a relaxed & fantastic small city, with all parts a city needs!
    some nice parties going on here aswell, with good sounds

on this website (it's not ours) are some pics of this years outdoor escalation party "TANZ DU SAU":
    http://www.toolate.in/gallery/main.php?g2_itemId=6843

3 lounges/bars + 5 different floors/soundsystems
    (electro, breakbeats/micromusic/chip-tuning, reggae/dub, afro/funk/soul/rap...)
    around 600+ people came... just for the fun of it... non profit... hmm, illegal

if i have time i'll add some videoclips to our website www.konzeptlos.ch
    it defo needs an update as some stuff is not workin anymore,
    it may take some time as i'm totally unaware when it comes to computers,
    i'm more than happy that i was able to create that small website!
    there are also pics of last years escalation party on it plus some others...
    check 'em out...

cheers to all

• DJ_NevilleCDJ_NevilleC 1,922 Posts
    1) Barcelona
    2) Amsterdam
    3) London
    4) Istanbul
    5) Berlin

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    1) Barcelona

Finally! This city will eat you for breakfast. I spent 5 days there and came back with the shakes.

• LamontLamont 1,089 Posts

hahahahahaha

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    1. Heidelberg (INSANE!)
    2. Rome
    3. Amsterdamn
    4. Berlin
    5. Paris (even though my time sucked out there)

• 1. praha
    2. paris
    3. london
    4/5 basel/freiburg tie

Come on! Basel and Freiburg are fucking boring small cities. They do not even come close to the top 50. Nowadays I refuse to go to Basel at all bescause you have to show your Passport at the border since switzerland is not in the schengen treaty. Furthermore they don't have the Euro. I don't fell welcome in switzerland at all. All other countries around are better.

Therefore

4. Stockholm
    5. Berlin

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts

5. Berlin

Berlin is far from being in my top 100 list.
    Trendy hip folks all over the place. The record stores SUCK and the streets are full of dog shit. it's hard to get from one place to another and people are really unfriendly. i don't understand why people like Berlin.
    i'm not all serious about this, but i really think berlin is overrated.

• piedpiperpiedpiper 1,279 Posts

5. Berlin

Trendy hip folks all over the place. The record stores SUCK and the streets are full of dog shit. it's hard to get from one place to another and people are really unfriendly. i don't understand why people like Berlin.

obviously, you did not find the good record stores and you went to the wrong areas at all...

however, top 5

Berlin
    Prague
    Istanbul
    Copenhagen
    Amsterdam

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts

obviously, you did not find the good record stores and you went to the wrong areas at all...

probably, but i really tried to find some good places. people refused to tell me where to find records. i treid about 10 shops which were either totally overpriced (common us jazz and funk) or selling reissues only. no good german records.
    i gave up looking for records and tried to find some good places for hanging out... but i didn't know where to go. what can i say? i guess i was unlucky. berlin didn't treat me well. i bought NO records and had no fun going to clubs. the places were empty and people looked bored (even at the Pavillion - reggae night (i've tried to find leeroy's dubstore, but it moved away without leaving the new address)/ and frank wasn't DJing [no soul explosion /]).

the only good thing was the cheap food.

Istanbul must be great! i need to go there. barcelona is on my list too.

• 5. Berlin

however, top 5

Berlin
    Prague
    Istanbul
    Copenhagen
    Amsterdam

Exactly, Berlin is very big so you have to know where u wanna go, that could be a problem. But there are many Diamonds in the Ruff which don't exist in Stuttgart.

By the way, just watch where u go and the dogshit is no problem

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,891 Posts
    1) London. You can get what you want.
    2) Helsinki. You can get what you didn't know you wanted.
    2) Paris. They told me it was dirty and rude beforehand. I'm from Widnes FFS.
    3) Stockholm. For the reindeer steak and ice floes on the river.
    4) Manchester. Curry.

Not done Germany, Austria or Barcelona yet.

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts
    1) Rome
    2) London
    3) Amsterdam
    4) Zurich
    5) Turin

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,891 Posts
    How many US posters have visited Europe?

• piedpiperpiedpiper 1,279 Posts

people refused to tell me where to find records.

i gave up looking for records and tried to find some good places for hanging out... but i didn't know where to go.

OK, that sounds like a worst case scenario. Next time, I will probably be able to help somehow

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    How many US posters have visited Europe?

bunches

• pookeyblowpookeyblow 406 Posts
    1. London
    2. Prague
    3. Copenhagen
    4. Oslo
    5. Rimini

• CosmophonicCosmophonic 1,172 Posts

4. Oslo

- J

• pookeyblowpookeyblow 406 Posts
    hahahaha! halla, hva skjer? lenge sia!

• LeftyLefty 259 Posts
    what the fuck just get urself a dufts??kkli un alles isch guat

• my personal fav's
    1. barcelona
    2. london
    3. dusseldorf
    4. utrect (netherlands)
    5. goteborg (sweden)

for beauty:
    1. barcelona
    2. vienna
    3. paris
    4. berlin
    5. cannes

peace, stein. . .

• d_wordd_word 666 Posts
    1. London (lived there for a year)
    2. Stockholm
    3. Paris
    4. Berlin
    5. Copenhagen

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts

2) Paris. They told me it was dirty and rude beforehand. I'm from Widnes FFS.

Hahahahaha! Shout out to McKechnie Chemicals.

• gambitgambit 906 Posts
    I have limited Europe experience.

But my top 5 are:

1. Prague (the only place I could let my guard down - reminds of Detroit if it had castles and a Metro)
    2. Lucerne (gotta love that Alps)
    3. Amsterdam
    4. Heidelberg
    5. Rome (This might rank higher, but I didn't get to see everything though. In a matter of 12 hours of getting into this city, Ifound out that my grandfather had a debilitating stroke (from which he died 10 days later); my ATM card expired; ex-girl told me she was engaged to someone - only 6 months after we broke up.)

That whole region is pretty pumpin', but I was paranoid for the majority of my 6 weeks there. I plan to get back there soon.