Adventure
    Breakout

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Football
    Defender
    Boxing
    Warlords
    Galaxian

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    Tops:[/b]
    Yar's Revenge
    Raiders of the Lost Ark
    Adventure
    Berzerk
    Super Breakout

honorable mention[/b]
    Keystone Kapers
    Frogger (my favorite soundtrack)
    Pitfall
    Defender
    Drag Racing

• River Raid
    Tooth Protectors
    Pitfall II
    Ms Pac Man
    Vanguard

honorable mentions:
    Demons II Diamonds
    Space Invaders
    Combat
    Kaboom!
    Pitfall

• Space Invaders

remember using rapid fire?

• rawyouthrawyouth 112 Posts
    Warlords
    Pitfall
    Super Breakout
    Frogger
    Pong

• HAZBEENHAZBEEN 564 Posts
    Q Bert
    Dig Dug
    Space Invaders
    Bezerk
    Football

• phono13phono13 842 Posts
    Adventure
    Missle Command[/b]
    Asteroids
    Pitfall Activision
    Kabooom!! Activision

Yup

With all of these video game lists I have to mention Pitfall II for the Atari 5200. One of the funnest and most frustrating games I ever played. That secret hidden world required some serious timing to navigate!javascript:void(0)

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Raiders of the Lost Ark

My buddy and I never could finish this cartridge. It still haunts me to this day. My homie gave me a functioning 2600 recently and I thought about coppin' Raiders just to prove a point.

Oh yeah.....

EarthWorld and FireWorld.....Tuff but fun.

• HAZBEENHAZBEEN 564 Posts
    E.T.
    Superman
    Atlantis
    Masters Of The Universe
    Frogger

• DCarfagnaDCarfagna 983 Posts

CUSTER'S REVENGE
    DEEP THROAT
    EAT 'EM AND BEAT 'EM
    STRIP POKER
    PORKY'S

• ZachDZachD 318 Posts
    Raiders of the Lost Ark

My buddy and I never could finish this cartridge. It still haunts me to this day. My homie gave me a functioning 2600 recently and I thought about coppin' Raiders just to prove a point.

Oh yeah.....

EarthWorld and FireWorld.....Tuff but fun.

Somewhere I got a walk-through of Raiders.... probably the first cart based game that required a walk-through. It was still damn hard to beat.. the damn tseste flies keep paralyzing you at the wrong time.. and you have to jump off a cliff and parachut up under a tree branch in to a hole in the side of a wall.. ET was similarly frustrating but finishable without help. Don't get me started on those earthworld games...

I used to collect 2600 games and out of curiosity checked ebay to see if the Grails were the same and what they were going for..

Saw a copy of Tooth Protectors at the top of the list.. apparently none had surfaced with box and docs.. this guy auctioned it with great pics of everything.. and it went for a bit over 2K if I recall the final correctly.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=104752013971

Best grails I ever found were the Rubik's Cube game and Chase the Chuck Wagon.

Sorry... lot's of memories until I had to adopt a more adult hobby (actually the games just dried up in the wild so it was no fun)

Top Five Games:

1. Pitfall II
    2. Kaboom!
    3. Pitfall
    4. River Raid
    5. M-Network Baseball *

Activision had shit on lock - If I had a top 20, 15 would be activsion (skiing, keystone cops, robot tank, enduro, boxing, barnstorming, chopper command, river raid II)

* sorry one more - M-Network baseball had no 1 player mode but I never played it with another person.. I just had to pitch with one joystick and bat with the other and attempt to throw myself out. After an hour I had to unwind the now braided joystick cables and start again.

• ZachDZachD 318 Posts
    Sorry I have to use the thread for one more related jump-off:

Anyone remember this record going for $500?

http://cgi.ebay.com/The-Music-Machine-lp...1QQcmdZViewItem

I do... it was when it was first discovered that this was the record that was related to the 2600 video game of the same name. Someone listed it with atari 2600 in the title and got $500 for it. A few more sold in the 100's before dozens showed up online and the value dropped to $10 or less (about the time I found one). The one I found did have the order form where you could send off for the cart. If I kept that it probably would have been worth a little something now.

• activision skiing
    warlords with 4 people
    chopper command
    pitfall 2
    barnstorming

Top Five Games:

1. Pitfall II
    2. Kaboom!
    3. Pitfall
    4. River Raid
    5. M-Network Baseball *

Finally some Pitfall II love! Did the 2600 version have that second world after you got to that guy that was right under the very first board? I think I remember playing it in high school after I played the 5200 version, and thinking it didn't. Also cosign on Pitfall I.

Also, I was trying to quote Backspin's top 5 games, how come I get no red outline like everybody else? I screwed it up somehow.

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    Yar's Revenge
    Pitfall
    Frogger
    Space Invaders
    River Raid

• hammertimehammertime 2,389 Posts
    E.T.

haha that could be the single worst video game in the history of the world.

Spiderman for 2600 is the worst, but I always thought E.T. was probably second. (At least I finished that game--Spiderman was not worth the effort to try, if it t was possible).

I never played SpiderMan, but the villians looked interesting.
    I've also never played the Star Wars titles - R They Any Good?

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts

CUSTER'S REVENGE
    DEEP THROAT
    EAT 'EM AND BEAT 'EM
    STRIP POKER
    PORKY'S

best list.

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    Sorry I have to use the thread for one more related jump-off:

Anyone remember this record going for $500?

http://cgi.ebay.com/The-Music-Machine-lp...1QQcmdZViewItem

I do... it was when it was first discovered that this was the record that was related to the 2600 video game of the same name. Someone listed it with atari 2600 in the title and got $500 for it. A few more sold in the 100's before dozens showed up online and the value dropped to $10 or less (about the time I found one). The one I found did have the order form where you could send off for the cart. If I kept that it probably would have been worth a little something now.

????? if i had a nickel for every time ive seen that record, id probably have $500 by now anyway

• djdepositdjdeposit 224 Posts
    I used to own an upgrade version of atari called, atari XE
    most games were nothing great, but there was one game that was like chess called ARCHON!

That was some dope shit

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,885 Posts
    Air-Sea Battle: Playing chicken with their missile whist guiding yours into them.

There was a great car driving one which required special paddles which rotated all the way round. Was it Indy 500? My mate's dog chewed through the wires and that was that. No ebay in 1981.

What's the Activision game where you drove at night/on ice/in the rain.....etc?
    Combat is crazy underrated.
    Berzerk(not as good as the real arcade) was hours of fun.

ASTEROIDS - My homeboy turned that shit over twice in 24 hours.