3. Paperboy
    4. Super Mario 3
    5. Megaman 3

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Honorable Mentions:

Blades of Steel
    Double Dribble

• Super Mario 3

maybe you missed the part in mario 2 where you can PICK UP AN OSTRICH AND THROW IT.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    1. Super Mario Bros. 3
    2. Mega Man 2
    3. Super Mario Bros. 2
    4. Blaster Master
    5. Blades of Steel

• Honorable Mentions:

Blades of Steel

YES. edmonton held it down hardest in the fights.

Double Dribble

you mean [robotvoice]ruh-boh rih-boh[/robotvoice]

• crossingscrossings 946 Posts
    1. bionic commando
    2. super mario 2
    3. paperboy
    4. skate or die (skate or die 2 had a cooler half-pipe though)
    5. a tie between: double dribble & blades of steel

pro wrestling should probably be somewhere there too, just for laughing with friends... isn't quite as fun with just one player though.

• crossingscrossings 946 Posts
    and fuggin BUBBLE BOBBLE... dunno how i forgot that one

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    Super Mario 3

maybe you missed the part in mario 2 where you can PICK UP AN OSTRICH AND THROW IT.

maybe you missed the part where a MIDDLE AGED ITALIAN GUY PUTS ON A FROG SUIT TO SWIM

and this is pretty as well

and fuggin BUBBLE BOBBLE... dunno how i forgot that one

Oh man, that one's an honorable mention. That shit gets hectic in the later stages!

• 1. bionic commando

• AserAser 2,351 Posts

1. river city ransom
    2. super dodgeball
    3. punch out
    4. ice hockey (lil dude, med dude, big dude) awesome
    5. zelda

honourable mentions

super mario bros 2 & 3
    super spike v-ball
    tennis
    pro wrestling
    contra
    tecmo super bowl

• BeekBeek 146 Posts
    Word to Mario 2, that shit is heavily slept on...

1. Battletoads
    2. RC Pro-Am
    3. Mario 2
    4. Zelda
    5. Skate or Die 2 (diediediediedie)

Honourable mentions: Mario 3, Galaxy 5000

• CaMKIIaCaMKIIa 269 Posts
    1) Megaman 2
    2) Ninja Gaiden
    3) Double Dragon II
    4) Punch out
    5) Castlevania II (The quasi-RPG vibe going on makes me prefer it over III, although III had the advantage of multiple characters done right).

Honorable mention:

TMNT II the arcade game
    River City Ransom

1. Battletoads

Did you ever beat this game? I never could--that shit was insanely hard.

1. Battletoads

• maybe you missed the part where a MIDDLE AGED ITALIAN GUY PUTS ON A FROG SUIT TO SWIM

maybe you missed the BEST ENDING TO ANY VIDEO GAME IN THE WORLD OF ALL TIME EVAR.

HI A**REY

• AserAser 2,351 Posts

kekeke

• BeekBeek 146 Posts
    1. Battletoads

Nope... And the people I know that have beaten say that it stops being fun after a while due to the difficulty. Peace to the Game Genie.

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    WHAT!

You people are dropping the ball!

Metroid

There's also that karate game whose name escapes me right now and the Ninja Turtle game was a personal fav.

• ja_bruceja_bruce 295 Posts
    really tough to pick just 5 but here goes

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
    Photobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting

now I'ma have to go break out the raer top laoding NES,that,in record terms would be a second pressing Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    here are my slept on nes favorites

1. Double Dragon 3[/b]

The best and most underrated in the bimmy & jimmy saga. Special tag team moves like picking each other up and throwing them. Major plot twists. Zombies that turn into princess that turn into flames. Egypt. Playable bosses Ranzou & Chin.

2. Mag Max[/b] - you play the severed head of a robot who needs to collect his legs and dick and fight this three headed dragon robot. this is one of those games just keeps repeating itself after you beat it, which is sort of serene.

3. Clash At Demonhead[/b] - nice side scroller but the bosses are mayors with names like tom guycott.

4. A Boy & His Blob[/b] - jelly beans. I remember this being super hard.

5. Circus Charlie[/b] - i don't know if it ever came out in the states but my boy from india put me up on this shit. you have to do things like jump through flaming hoops and not fall on tigers.

Mario 3 is the second best video game ever made. Mario 2 was only popular in new england. everywhere else kids were like what the fuck is this where is king koopa when it came out. and fuck that cop out general hospital it was all a dream ending.

Zelda is near perfect.

Paperboy is overrated. It's more fun in the arcade with the bike handles.

Real heads fuck with the power pad and get their track and field on.

beating bubble bobble was some shit for me.

battle toads is kinda weak, the second(?) level is damn near impossible. that and bart vs. the space mutants were unbeatable. i would just give up and prank call moe a lot. video game companies need to go back to making games that are damn near impossible. kids have it too easy these days.

Game Genie is for pussies.

maybe you missed the part where a MIDDLE AGED ITALIAN GUY PUTS ON A FROG SUIT TO SWIM

maybe you missed the BEST ENDING TO ANY VIDEO GAME IN THE WORLD OF ALL TIME EVAR.

HI A**REY

heh

super mario 2, i could beat

super mario 3, still working on that to this day

now I'ma have to go break out the raer top laoding NES,that,in record terms would be a second pressing Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

i don't think that's necessary. i just replaced my pin connector in mine recently and the blinking problem is gone. the pin connector was like $5 on ebay

WHAT!

You people are dropping the ball!

Metroid

oh yes, touch??. such an amazing game.

also need to mention

and this highly slept on bizarro-gem

completely acid-influenced horror side scrolling wackiness.

here are my slept on nes favorites

1. Double Dragon 3[/b]

The best and most underrated in the bimmy & jimmy saga. Special tag team moves like picking each other up and throwing them. Major plot twists. Zombies that turn into princess that turn into flames. Egypt. Playable bosses Ranzou & Chin.

2. Mag Max[/b] - you play the severed head of a robot who needs to collect his legs and dick and fight this three headed dragon robot. this is one of those games just keeps repeating itself after you beat it, which is sort of serene.

3. Clash At Demonhead[/b] - nice side scroller but the bosses are mayors with names like tom guycott.

4. A Boy & His Blob[/b] - jelly beans. I remember this being super hard.

5. Circus Charlie[/b] - i don't know if it ever came out in the states but my boy from india put me up on this shit. you have to do things like jump through flaming hoops and not fall on tigers.

Mario 3 is the second best video game ever made. Mario 2 was only popular in new england. everywhere else kids were like what the fuck is this where is king koopa when it came out. and fuck that cop out general hospital it was all a dream ending.

more slept on recommendations plaese. i'm about to go crazy on half.com

speaking of obscure games, what the hell is PANIC RESTAURANT? it's like $50

Description
    In PANIC RESTAURANT, you play the role of Cookie, a skilled chef who owns the popular and successful Eaten Restaurant. But when a jealous chef named Ohdove steals the restaurant, you decide to steal it back before your business is ruined. But something very strange is going on inside the Eaten the food and appliances have come to life! Now you must use all your culinary skills and a few kitchen tools and utensils to defeat Ohdove and his mutant minions in order to win back your restaurant. You???ll face heinous hot dogs, angry apple slices, and food-flinging frying pans as you make your way through the restaurant in search of Ohdove. So don your armored apron and get ready for the wildest food fight you???ve ever seen in PANIC RESTAURANT.

Special Features
    You???re Cookie, owner of the Eaten Restaurant; when Ohdove steals your eatery, you must win it back; fight against food and appliances that have come to life; use kitchen tools to fend them off; one or two players

• AserAser 2,351 Posts

vs

mario 2 was actually just co-opted from a Japanese game named doki doki panic. That was actually what I played since I had the famicom w/ the disk drive. The disk drive was the shit, games were so cheeeeeeeap.

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts
    GHOST N GOBLINS
    COMMANDO
    IKARI WARRIORS
    METAL GEAR
    NINJA GAIDEN

• Some of my favorites:

1. Maniac Mansion
    2. Contra
    3. Final Fantasy
    4. RBI Baseball
    5. River City Ransom

Others:

- Kid Icarus
    - Gun.Smoke
    - Castlevania
    - North & South
    - Crash and the Boys Street Challenge
    - Metroid
    - Mike Tyson's Punch Out
    - Super Mario Bros. 2
    - Double Dragon 2

As for the debate about Super Mario 2 or 3 - I'm guessing most here know the story behind Super Mario 2... but just in case...

The US version of Super Mario 2 was originally released in Japan as a totally different game (I think it was called Doki Doki panic...something like that) and didn't have anything to do with Mario at all.

Japan had a TRUE sequel, (Super Mario Bros 2) but it was determined that it would have been too difficult for the American audience. It had poison mushrooms, and really difficult jumps, Bullet Bills early in the game...etc.

So, since US gamers couldn't handle the whole weight, they took out the original characters in Doki Doki Panic, replaced them with Mario, Luigi, Toad & the Princess and called it a Mario game.

The Japanese sequel was eventually released as part of the Super Mario Bros collection on SNES.

***EDIT*** I see Aser knows the deal...beat me to the punch.

• THE BEST THING ABOUT DOUBLE DRIBBLE WAS THE WAY IT SOUNDED LIKE A BOMB EXPLODED EVERYTIME YOU MADE A THREE.