• hammertimehammertime 2,389 Posts

Base Wars!!!

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts
    Basewars! nice. forgot about that one!

• sergserg 682 Posts

Base Wars!!!

HOLY SHIT BASEWARS

I totally forgot about that game until just now

most of my top 5 shit already got mentioned but here's a few that I still love

strider

faxanadu

Low G Man

rygar

a game I never played but I'm still curious about is Romance Of The Three Kingdoms. I passed this shit up so many times at the video store.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts

Base Wars!!!

Oh shit, that game was stupid amounts of fun. Beaning the busted robots to make 'em blow up?

My friend and I used to play that Magic Johnson basketball game a lot. It was an atrocious game, but we implemented a series of house rules, the most popular being you could only shoot half-court pullup threes (and dunk offensive rebounds). You could make a ridiculous amount of half-court pullup threes in that game, so it became pretty exciting.

• spcspc 534 Posts
    1. Zelda 1
    2. Mario 1
    3. Cicle Cubicle
    4. Castlevania
    5. Bubble Bobble

• vajdaijvajdaij 447 Posts
    desert island pick 5:

1. maniac mansion
    2. bad news baseball
    3. legend of zelda
    4. pirates
    5. megaman 3

arcade ports top 5:

1. arkanoid
    2. arch rivals
    3. rampage
    4. jackal
    5. ikari warriors

pc ports top 5:

1. marble madness
    2. silent service
    3. lemmings
    4. a boy and his blob
    5. shadowgate

I'm just finishing up a mix of tunes from old NES games; if this thread is still active when I get done with it, I'll post it here.

• kitchenknightkitchenknight 4,922 Posts
    desert island pick 5:

2. bad news baseball

Pribble basement represent! 45056 in tha house...

the rabbit umpires really made that game.

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts
    1. TECMO BOWL & Tecmo Super Bowl
    WTF?!!!! maybe i missed someone mentioning this, but damn!

This game was the shit. Jerry Rice could jump 10 fucking feet in the air.
    And if you played as the Giants LT was a fucking killer.

Also...The Adams Family Game with Uncle Fester was dope.

My vote is for Mario 2, but 3 was dope.

California Games - Fav. of the freestyle fellowship hacky sack set.

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    I wouldn't go as far to say this was my grail but I looked for this shit for a long time at the stores before finding it. Kind of like Kung-Fu but with a more mystrical twist... You could jump like a 100 feet in that air, and there were these monk dudes that would blast some Big Trouble in Little China shit.

Legend of Kage

• marumaru 1,450 Posts
    maybe this has been repped but me and my neighbor used to play this to death

Fucking hell. I really am going to get an NES one of these days. Really. The games in this thread son pretty much everything I have for PS2 in terms of addictiveness and replayability.

• TheGoochTheGooch 541 Posts
    this was my joint!. Surprised nobody mentioned it. My boy used to kick my a** non stop

• DJPrestigeDJPrestige 1,710 Posts
    punch out
    super dodgeball
    double dribble
    skate or die
    river city ransom

• marumaru 1,450 Posts
    Fucking hell. I really am going to get an NES one of these days. Really. The games in this thread son pretty much everything I have for PS2 in terms of addictiveness and replayability.

not a bad idea. my roommate and i bought a snes on ebay a few years ago purely for super mario kart. hours and hours of fun.

• igboigbo 44 Posts

Up-Down-Up-Down-B-A-B-Select-Start

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

ok here it goes

super mario 3 because its a genius platformer that was ahead of its time by quite a few years.

river city ransome because punching someone in the face and them yelling for there moms is just fantastic. It had nice subtle undertones like the sort of rpg-ish thing with the town.

Earthbound

Monster house

punch out.

• fishmongerfunkfishmongerfunk 4,154 Posts
    1. golgo 13: top secret episode (you get laid at one point)
    2. rygar
    3. punch out
    4. blades of steel
    5. the adevntures of bayou billy (mostly cause you could access the bank of sound effects)

Up-Down-Up-Down-B-A-B-Select-Start

up up down down left right left right b a start.

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    when i got home from work i remembered the socks i wore today

and
    Marble Madness had the most intense music around.

• JustAliceJustAlice 1,308 Posts
    1. golgo 13: top secret episode (you get laid at one point)

I was wondering when someone was going to mention that! Damn, that game was tough! I still have an old nes system with a whole box of games...but I need controllers and maybe an adapter. Im all inspired, maybe Ill hit up a gamecrazy or goodwill today and seek them out.

Another of my favorites which I dont think has been mentioned was the Friday the 13th game where you were away at camp and had to kill Jason 3 times in 3 levels or something like that and keep the kids alive.

I cant remember the name but the one with the Flying Shooting Dragons was tight too

• GenePontecorvoGenePontecorvo 5,612 Posts
    Man y'all got me wanting to play NES games.

Any of you video game heads know about deals like this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/NES-SUPER-NINTENDO-T...1QQcmdZViewItem

• mrpekmrpek 627 Posts

up up down down left right left right b a start.

HAHA I was going to correct this. I can't remember many of the state capitals but I will never forget the Contra code.

Another of my favorites which I dont think has been mentioned was the Friday the 13th game where you were away at camp and had to kill Jason 3 times in 3 levels or something like that and keep the kids alive.

I eventually beat that game, which took something of a commitment as it was fairly long and there was no password/game save feature. I thought it was funny that when Jason used an axe, it looked like a toothbrush.

• marumaru 1,450 Posts

i'd be all over that if i knew it worked.

this was also the joint

• troublemantroubleman 1,928 Posts
    I will always remember that the code:
    007 373 5963
    will take you straight to Mike Tyson. I remembered that shit since 3rd grade.

This shit made me laugh my ass off. Somebody playing a hacked version of Super Mario Brothers that is supposed to be the hardest made SMB level ever. His commentary is damn funny

• JustAliceJustAlice 1,308 Posts
    LOL, Yes I remember leaving that on trying to come back to it only to find someone had turned it off!!
    Fuckers. I still have that shit, and can remember the theme song. I really want to play now.

• GenePontecorvoGenePontecorvo 5,612 Posts

Right? I'm gonna do a bit more research but I want something like this. We've been playing Tecmo Bowl at my homeboy's for a minute now.

Lawrence Taylor.

• Deep_SangDeep_Sang 1,081 Posts

Right? I'm gonna do a bit more research but I want something like this. We've been playing Tecmo Bowl at my homeboy's for a minute now.

Lawrence Taylor.

Ummm... guys? Surely you are not suggesting purchasing this bootleg reissue?