When producers change their image...

funkyexamplefunkyexample 915 Posts
edited July 2006 in Strut Central
Hatters emerge...

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    He's a little too Russian Club lookin for my tastes, but its time to grow up and out of the college sweatshirts/ironic t-shirts and skull caps. Can an artist grow?

• facesdfacesd 236 Posts
    Are the first two pictures of Dracula?

• theory9theory9 1,128 Posts
    LEAVE SCOTT STORCH OUTTA THIS!

• the3rdstreamthe3rdstream 1,980 Posts

this is ridiculous!

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts

Great photos, I had to laugh when seeing these at first. Is that a photoshop technique to get skin to look like chalk? That goatie thing is also priceless as fuck. It's cool that he's growing as an artist and stuff but he looks like a vampire/T1000 business man or something.

• Hatters emerge...

JEEBUS...Cut Chemist looks like Mr Rogers Jr...

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts

I'm seeing a Van Winkle quality to that photo that I can't put my finger on.

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts

that sure looks heavy.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts

Hatters emerge...

And Armand van Helden now looks like Justin Timberlake instead of Ali G.

• catchdubscatchdubs 492 Posts
    DJ Shadow looks like Gary Numan gone grunge.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    DJ Shadow looks like Gary Numan gone grunge.

I was thinking "Vince Vaughn with a soul-patch".

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts

???

• HawkeyeHawkeye 896 Posts

Cut Chemist looks like this dude here

Peace
    Hawkeye

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts

[/img]

Hatters emerge...

HOLY SCHITT! IS THAT SHADOW!!?!?!? He looks like some Berlin house producer. Yo dude...I'm not really baggin' on dudes clothes (kinda ) but the brown and white thing makes him look silly. I'm glad he ditched the bucket-hats and cargos, but yo...

I don't think so.

but yo I'm with Just Blaze in a suit (last month's URB). Homeboy lost mad weight as well.

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts

Cut Chemist looks like this dude here

Peace
    Hawkeye

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

but yo I'm with Just Blaze in a suit (last month's URB). Homeboy lost mad weight as well.

Do you want to offer us further thoughts on your favorite producers' personal style?

• kojackkojack 42 Posts

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts

Hatters emerge...

Is this picture from Urb Magazine?

Do you want to offer us further thoughts on your favorite producers' personal style?

it's bugged-out. I think even in one photo one of them dudes is rocking a helmet. I mean their isn't much to explain, dudes are in their own world.

Would you prefer them to wear some "linen slacks, clarks, and a matching cap to tie it all together"?

I also like how you're hatting on them when you haven't heard any of their music. (I know you woudn't like it though).

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts

sure, dude has grown up and i'm willing to let the b&w dracula pics slide, but this white suite ensemble? is he wearing eye makeup? c'mon dog, tone it down.

sure, dude has grown up and i'm willing to let the b&w dracula pics slide, but this white suite ensemble? is he wearing eye makeup? c'mon dog, tone it down.

Shadow is almost on some so self-loathing of my past right now. but yo...so Shadow gets the "HYPHY"-token cover? Not an actual "hyphy" (damn Im starting to hate that fuckin' term) artiste.

Shadow is almost on some so self-loathing of my past right now. but yo...so Shadow gets the "HYPHY"-token cover? Not an actual "hyphy" (damn Im starting to hate that fuckin' term) artiste.

i know, i'm not trying to hatt, but there's a step between his "i'm a super b-boy" style of old and this "david-byrne-elder-statesman-sophisticate-artiste" look that he skipped.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

it's bugged-out. I think even in one photo one of them dudes is rocking a helmet. I mean their isn't much to explain, dudes are in their own world.

Would you prefer them to wear some "linen slacks, clarks, and a matching cap to tie it all together"?

I also like how you're hatting on them when you haven't heard any of their music. (I know you woudn't like it though).

What does hearing their music have to do with hatting on their fashion?

You sound ass-hurt.

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts
    OK, who wants to fill 'er in?
    IMG SRC=http://img107.imageshack.us/img107/9604/shadowgoth0ta.gif>

ASHAMED OF MY PAST

oh man, nothing i submit would be good enough. how bout "grown and sexy" ???

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

Shadow is almost on some
    so self-loathing of my past right now. but yo...so Shadow gets the "HYPHY"-token cover? Not an actual "hyphy" (damn Im starting to hate that fuckin' term) artiste.

I think a lot of cats mo today is to get beyond "HIP HOP". At least front that way so they can transend there core audience. LL was one of the first cats I know of to publicly allude to this type of shit. No thread highjack.

Shadow has the makings of a Rick Rubin career if he plays his shit right. He going to isolate many cats along the way. He's lookin extra Matrix-like IMO.

• SexyBNyceSexyBNyce 371 Posts
    i guarantee there was a stylist involved here. dude is in his thirties. we all gotta start wearing grown folks clothes some day.

i know, i'm not trying to hatt, but there's a step between his "i'm a super b-boy" style of old and this "david-byrne-elder-statesman-sophisticate-artiste" look that he skipped.

If I remember correctly dude even penned the phrase "B-BOY SECRECY" in his BBE comp *CRINGE!*.