Tuesday Night MP3 Encoding Club.

CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
edited July 2006 in Strut Central
1 beer deepSo far...Jungle Brothers "Done By The Forces Of Nature"Juvenile "400 Degrees"KMD "Mr. Hood"KMD "Black Bastards" (What's the sample from "Sweet Premium Wine?" Positive K used it too, right?)Blackalicious "Blazing Arrow" - This album is my shit. I listened to this fully. It's very good. I'm wearing my kufi on my sleeve.

Comments

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts

KMD "Black Bastards" (What's the sample from "Sweet Premium Wine?" Positive K used it too, right?)

Five Stairsteps. I just got this record (from Jonny Paycheck no less.)

Also, I have the Roots "Game Theory" album. Shit is that good. We can discuss that later if need be.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    i may be joining this club after work

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
    Click to hear these chicks I digitized.

Now should I digitize the Larry Saunders "Prophet of Soul" STRANGER moder LP I found today for $8? Probably not, since it has scratches across 3 songs.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Click to hear these chicks I digitized.

Now should I digitize the Larry Saunders "Prophet of Soul" STRANGER moder LP I found today for $8? Probably not, since it has scratches across 3 songs.

Yo I cold digitized my disco TWELVEZZZZ last week, like maybe 160-170, shits were like booyah though.

Beer #2. Where you at SONS? NOAIM.

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
    Beer #2. Where you at SONS? NOAIM.

I'm on beer #0. The 7pm-11pm gig I had tonight doesn't let DJs drink. No big deal. That leftover Chinese food from last night is sounding pretty good though, especially if I got an IPA in the fridge. I'll probably throw in a DVD, chill, chow, drank, digitize, check to see if any cool bands have added me on MySpace, etc.

I'm in your area for WFMU this November dude.

• meshmesh 925 Posts
    what uyp y'all.

dang, i aint digitized shit in a hot month/year/really long time.

i need to do my dancehall section. i dont have shit ripped in that department.

whats happening over at petes pond?

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    I'm encoding all of my new latin arrivals--Willie Rosario, Willie Rodriguez, Hector Rivera, Joe Cuba, etc.

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    i haven't been able to digitize for almost a month now.
    i use audio hijack pro. when i hijack my record player, there's a buzzing and sometimes crackling, even if no record's playing. is this just ground wire problems? if anyone has any suggestions for someone who's never had any real player problems before, please go ahead and suggest! thanks

i'd take it to my local electronics shop but its owned by the girl's family who i just broke up with
    no mo discount for days

• word. they look dumb digitizable.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Hi M*****.

I'm now doing A Future Without A Past. This is that high school shit for me. I don't think I've listened to this album since then.

• What up, duke?

Yo, you got that Ninjaman for me?

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Check for that in like 30 seconds.

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    1 beer deep

So far...

Jungle Brothers "Done By The Forces Of Nature"
    Juvenile "400 Degrees"
    KMD "Mr. Hood"
    KMD "Black Bastards" (What's the sample from "Sweet Premium Wine?" Positive K used it too, right?)

Blackalicious "Blazing Arrow" - This album is my shit. I listened to this fully. It's very good. I'm wearing my kufi on my sleeve.

No sure why your not just downloading those. Do you like the vinyl crackle sound perhaps?

• prof_rockwellprof_rockwell 2,867 Posts

Brand Nubian used it too on the second LP I think...I'm pissed cause my 45 of that 5 stairsteps record is burnt to hell...only on the intro break.

• prof_rockwellprof_rockwell 2,867 Posts

Brand Nubian used it too on the second LP I think...

Steal Ya Ho

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    1 beer deep

So far...

Juvenile "400 Degrees"
    KMD "Mr. Hood"

Blackalicious "Blazing Arrow" - This album is my shit. I listened to this fully. It's very good. I'm wearing my kufi on my sleeve.

No sure why your not just downloading those. Do you like the vinyl crackle sound perhaps?

Because llegal downloading HURTS.

[color:white] (But if you have the CDs it's MUCH faster than downloading, and safer.)[/color]

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    yo what kind of beer should i buy tonight?

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    1 beer deep

So far...

Juvenile "400 Degrees"
    KMD "Mr. Hood"

Because llegal downloading HURTS.

[color:white] (But if you have the CDs it's MUCH faster than downloading, and safer.)[/color]

You are a man of integrity, god bless you.

It's always dope to listen to records all the way through while drinking a cold one!

• I was in the Monday Night version of this club and Mp3ified...
    Lejuan Love "My Hardcore Rhymes" (vocal + instrumental)
    Joe Pass "A Time For Us" (from Guitar Interludes)
    Lexicon "It's the L" (instrumental)
    Big L "Put it On" (acapella)
    Dave Grusin "Gasoline Alley"
    Brian Auger "Tiger"
    Wild Sugar "Bring it Here"
    Bitch Ass Darius (lots of tracks)
    Federation "Hyphy" (instrumental and acapella)

Fuck, this is like all I do now. I went from blank laptop to 1079 songs in like 2 weeks.

• MorseCodeMorseCode 1,516 Posts
    I'm in the BPMing club tonight. Yeesh... I been at it for hours and hours...my girl won't even talk to me no more.

But I just learned that you can BPM in itunes. late pass? But damn if that shit ain't convenient once its all fired up.

• cascas 1,484 Posts
    late night roll call up in this bootch. i just got done pressing up the wedding mix. damn it feels good to box them summabitches up. all the holmses...i gotchyall covered. leave for SF in the morning.

BO!

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    I don't digitize. I don't even record my records before selling them. I still have trust in my capacity for remembering.

• ZuffNomedZuffNomed 42 Posts

Hah. Funny you guys mention this I was digitzing shit all last nite.
    I don't really download MP3's either, and I love to leave the crackle noise in my recordings.

Some of what I ran thru...

Bunch of 45 King/Flavr Unit classics w/ Lord Alibaski, Lakim Shabazz, Apache, etc...
    Tuff Crew
    Schooly D
    TDS Mob
    True Mathematics
    Buncha my James Brown 45's, with mad crackles & noise.
    Chuck Chillout
    Mikey D
    Artifacts
    etc...

• debardebar 215 Posts
    I'm in the process of digitizing my (very) humble collection to take on the go on my mp3 player. Sound Forge is your friend to scrub out any pops, clicks, and excessive surface noise. Also, makes sampling & looking for loops a lot easier than repeatedly backcue-ing and lifting needles and shit.

• I started with Buju Banton "Make My Day" (Kenny Dope Remix) and then got distracted. My encoding club will meet tonight!

• ayresayres 1,452 Posts
    Missed this last night but I'm in. Here is some joints I recorded a few weeks ago. More later. http://www.djayres.com/MP3/WMDJune06/

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts

But I just learned that you can BPM in itunes. late pass?

Double late pass

how do you do this

I'm kinging the Weds night club so take a fucking step back.

• TabaskoTabasko 1,357 Posts
    Do you guys normalize after importing? And if yes, with what?

And this app seems the be the auto-bpm-tagger all Macheads are waiting for.

• GnatGnat 1,183 Posts
    I'm on beer #0. The 7pm-11pm gig I had tonight doesn't let DJs drink. No big deal.
    What?

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    Do you guys normalize after importing? And if yes, with what?

And this app seems the be the auto-bpm-tagger all Macheads are waiting for.

Normalizing isn't really the best way to go about it (eg..If theres a loud pop on the record it will only bring the max volume up to that point, inconsistent). You're better of using a decent limiter plugin (Waves L3 is very easy to use, just don't over do it on the compression).