Is it cool for a dj to "feel it" ? :no pasue:

Comments

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Shit, I do my thing.

• I think the bol Willow wins the "feelin hisself" award, but in a good way. Dude is just AMPED.

Agreed, he probably did the exact same AMPED dance when he was here in SD.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    yeah, but dj's are self-centered people by nature .....you have to be

and djs do alot of annoying & selfish shit (excessive talking,excessive scracthing,repeating the goddamn intro to goddamn "pass the goddamn courvoisier" over & over & over again)

although a party goer being annoyed by a dj dancing is very extreme and petty...it can still be an annoyance if you aren't making more people dance

yeah some dj dudes are real jerks, but then again people in general are real jerks as well.

I sometimes "feel it"(SHUTTUP FAUX) when I'm deejaying. I've noticed the crowd tends to get hyped more when the deejay is actually enjoying himself as well I take a moment to "conduct traffic".

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts

and djs do alot of annoying & selfish shit (excessive talking,excessive scracthing,repeating the goddamn intro to goddamn "pass the goddamn courvoisier" over & over & over again)

although a party goer being annoyed by a dj dancing is very extreme and petty...it can still be an annoyance if you aren't making more people dance

yeah some dj dudes are real jerks, but then again people in general are real jerks as well.

I sometimes "feel it"(SHUTTUP FAUX) when I'm deejaying. I've noticed the crowd tends to get hyped more when the deejay is actually enjoying himself as well I take a moment to "conduct traffic".

you sound like an ass-hurt wallflower with two left feet.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Enki's got a nice lil headbob goin.

I also sometimes rap along with the song like I'm in the got-damn video. But hey, that's what happens when I'm playing shit I really like.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts

you sound like an ass-hurt wallflower with two left feet.

Sheeeyit, you ain't seen Fauxy cut a rug?

he hunches his shoulders in, gets the neck snapping, some fists shaking.

In the club though, dude is jumping, shaking his fist in the air or twirling a t-shirt.

• AserAser 2,351 Posts

B/W

House DJs usually looked incredibly bored.

you have not witnessed the eq tweak tippy toe action that is favoured by joe and osunlade, haha.

but seriously, folks who clown the hardest are generally the wall leaners.

dance shake your tambourine.

• ZuffNomedZuffNomed 42 Posts
    PLAESE TO CHECK "FEEL IT" ACTION --> 00:25 & 1:37

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts

That shit is fucking banging.

• ZuffNomedZuffNomed 42 Posts
    That whole tape routine thing is definitely

• meshmesh 925 Posts

That shit is fucking banging.
    whoa

• meshmesh 925 Posts
    and for the record, i definitely feel it when i am djing.
    Duderonomy

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
    a big no no are dj's who don't dance, show no movement at all and never smile...

Couldn't agree more. DJs who don't dance irritate the fuck out of me. Most of the DJs I've played with can attest that not only will I dance during MY set, but I'll dance to THEIR set, and I'll usually make them dance with ME. It's supposed to be a party dude, I didn't fly/drive to your wack city to talk about rare 45 matrix numbers when there's badass jams on the PA and foxy girls on the floor. Sorry to disappoint.

all you wack dj's out there, don't be so stiff...you look like you got not only a stick, but the whole amazonas up yo ass, fo real

the_dL

• noznoz 3,625 Posts

funny/sad

How you gonna put NOZ on blast like that.

Does this mean you're not coming to my ghetto themed dance party? I know all the words to "Gin & Juice"

• snosno 332 Posts
    Here's how Peter Hook of New Order's fame get down:

• prof_rockwellprof_rockwell 2,867 Posts
    Enki's got a nice lil headbob goin.

B-Casue's got the lobster grab.

Oli Wang's got a MEAN headnod.

Matthew Africa's got a lil hip shake action.

REP YOUR LOCAL DJ DANCE EXPERIENCE.

White Man's Overbite

"Make a little love....do a little dance...get down tonight!"

• wooshiewooshie 490 Posts
    I saw some photos of me behind the decks for the first time recently and i looked like a clumsy fool. Like paul nice, I was sticking my tounge out, bobbing about, trying to read the record against the turntable light, with my forehead all creased.

mad embarrasing.

• prof_rockwellprof_rockwell 2,867 Posts
    That whole tape routine thing is definitely

Yeah man! That shit was bonkers - it was on the '91 DMC World Championship video. Dude was from Russia - this was before the 'fall of communism' - so it was hella hard and $$$$$ to get turntables. So dude just recorded pirate hip hop radio shows onto a reel to reel and dubbed copies and custom made those tapedecks to dj with. There was a showcase by a blind DJ a couple years after that. I think the year Noize won...

• DJRELAXDJRELAX 452 Posts
    I make faces like Mr Sinister when Im scratching. Im always singing hooks and pointing out breakdowns, but dont get too fancy behind the tables.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Welcome, DJ Relax.

• dayday 9,612 Posts

ingenuity. that's fucking hip hop right there.

• DJRELAXDJRELAX 452 Posts
    Welcome, DJ Relax.

thank you sir, ill still be lurking so i don't expose how "little dude" i really am.

• bobbydeebobbydee 849 Posts
    Please tell me someone else has been drunk, stuck the phones in the mic jack after leaving for a piss, and started singing the chorus that gets amplified by the phones, and played through the sound system....

Just me then....

When the joint is full i'm a

shit can get embarassing. Curse you freinds with camera phones!

• TSGTSG 274 Posts

ingenuity. that's fucking hip hop right there.

that could be one of the best things i've seen.

• TobiTobi 187 Posts
    I spin records in a small club / pub with two friends. I always "feel it" when I'm djing (hand-clappin, dancin, singin the chorus...). I don't care what people say about me, cause that's the music I feel so why should I not get down to it and party?. I'm not Terminator X !

• JazzsuckaJazzsucka 720 Posts
    I dance at your night, I dance at my night, I dance at the after party, I dance alone in my room! If the music would not make me dance I would not be playing it. I really don't give a fuck.
    covethe_dL

• deezleedeezlee 298 Posts
    Yeah I'm in the the DJ should be feeling it camp. 

I'll do a 8 hour wedding gig and vibe out the whole time cause I'm playing dopeness. 
    The only time I feel funny is when I have to play something I don't like (I get good gigs so it doesn't happen much). I'll groove out anyway and feel a little funny about it but what am I gonna do, stop vibing for one song?  Yeah djs get yer groove on fuck the haters. 

Plus at the little local bar that I play at I'm right by the door and people tell me "we were walking around, heard the funky music and walked in and saw you smiling and grooving out and we decided to party here tonight where the good vibes are!"
    Kinetic

• deezleedeezlee 298 Posts
    Oh this thread is old. Oh well I'm still riding for the funky dancing djs. 
    A dude I play with drops stuff like "girls, you can't do what the guys do" at peak hour at our funk night and people get down to it. I think I'd empty the floor with that, but he's singing along and people get the funk down to it. 
    Kinetic

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    deezlee said:
    Yeah I'm in the the DJ should be feeling it camp. 

I'll do a 8 hour wedding gig and vibe out the whole time cause I'm playing dopeness. 
    The only time I feel funny is when I have to play something I don't like (I get good gigs so it doesn't happen much). I'll groove out anyway and feel a little funny about it but what am I gonna do, stop vibing for one song?  Yeah djs get yer groove on fuck the haters. 

Plus at the little local bar that I play at I'm right by the door and people tell me "we were walking around, heard the funky music and walked in and saw you smiling and grooving out and we decided to party here tonight where the good vibes are!"
    Exactly. DJs aren't just paid to program songs: they contribute to the ambiance. That last bit happens to me all the time too, and it's what you're paid to do as well. ON the flip side, the biggest criticism I get from venues I book DJs for is "they look bored" and/or "they aren't engaging the crowd." Enjoy yourselves motherfuckers!
    kicks79deezlee

• Dance around, smile, get into it, but please no fist pumping.