Mexico (LOVESTRUT related)

dayday 9,611 Posts
edited May 2005 in Strut Central
Anniversary is coming up and I wanted to take Mrs. Day to Mexico for a mini-vacation. I know alot of you are world travelling bastards (High-C i'm looking at you) and can steer me in the right direction. If anyone can recommend some nice places/areas to stay it'd be mucho apprecianado pendejos con leche(i've been brushing up!).

Comments

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
    I just know that lots of undercover cops roam the beach selling weed/busting tourists so don't even mess with drugs while you are there. You'll be so relaxed you won't need it.

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts
    Anniversary is coming up and I wanted to take Mrs. Day to Mexico for a mini-vacation. I know alot of you are world travelling bastards (High-C i'm looking at you) and can steer me in the right direction. If anyone can recommend some nice places/areas to stay it'd be mucho apprecianado pendejos con leche(i've been brushing up!).

You're taking Daze to visit Hotsauce's "familia"?

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts

hahahahahaha...you're a fuckin fucker, fucker

• high_chigh_c 1,384 Posts
    (High-C i'm looking at you)

what are you lookin for? I take it since the Mrs. is going and it's a lovey dovey affair you'll want the plush cable TV setup at a resort, right? When me and the lady go we get all ghetto and pretend we're starring in Y Tu Mama Tambien II (No Gay 3way) and we stay in cheap ass places in little towns like Chacala, Melaque, Sayulita ( last one's not as hot as the first 2) n shit.

You want off the beaten path or want to be in delivery distance from a Dominoes?

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    Most likely something comfortable. I doubt she's trying to get a break from the anklebiters to go "rough it" in another country. It would be dope, but this is a more of a relax by the beach, check out some cultural sights and go home before you even enjoy yourself type of trip.

Haerp me

• jdeezjdeez 638 Posts
    oaxaca and puerto escondido = fcking amazing

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    oaxaca and puerto escondido = fcking amazing

Oaxaca got the best food hommie!!!!!!!

hit up Puerto Escondido. Southernmost part of Mexico and if you want to do a daytrip it's like a 6 hour drive north to Oaxaca. BEAUTIFUL places, both of them.

haha whoa, ESP-strut

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts
    Definitely Oaxaca if you're looking for culture. If you want a resort style vacation, Mazatlan has some beautiful beaches and from what I remember it's relatively affordable.

• Sun_FortuneSun_Fortune 1,374 Posts
    I'll try to remember theplace I went, but it was an island in the Yucatan. I'll pm you with it when I remember. Check out chitzen itza (sp?). Stay away from Merida.

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts
    Chichen Itza is very nice. So is Monte Alban in Oaxaca (not far from the city). Again, these are places you need to go to if you're looking for culture.

• crashcoursecrashcourse 214 Posts
    i'm going to mexico city in a few months for a wedding. hows the diggin around there?

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    If you want a bit of comfort and relaxation, you can;t go far wrong with the OLD TOWN of Pto. Vallarta.... Playa De Los Meurtos is middle-aged gay, so ladies don't get bothered and it's all pretty chilled (lots of NWerners and Canadians).

Swimming is not like Gulf coast but there's plenty of romantic couply things to do like whale watches. I think the giant manta ray mating season is around now so they do all the jumping and shit.

Also, and this is a big plus for me, the bay there is a dolphin breeding ground so apparently there are super tuff dolphins that keep guard and chase the sharks away.

San Blas up the coast is a major pothead hangout and you can semi-rough it. rent a car and drive up there for a night or 2.

Either way, Mexico is just about the best place in the world if you stay away from the obvious. There's shit to see for years and years.

I've heard good things about Pto Escondido too, but I think Vallarta is a good combo of comfort and authenticity. It's cheap season as well.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts

Biter.

Get off the Joaquin.

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts
    I stayed around Morelia, Michoacan for a month in December and fell in luh with it. Michoacan State has some ill lakes, alot of which we didn't have time to visit, but I can't wait to check out Patzcuaro..

That island is called Janitizio, in the middle of Patzcuaro, and its got this dope ass statue of the freedom fighter Morelos on it
    My gal and I are moving to Mexico in September God Willing!

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts
    i'm going to mexico city in a few months for a wedding. hows the diggin around there?

I talk to a guy who lives there and buys records in the markets. He said that there isn't any full fledged record shops about, just vendors in the tiangues flea market styles. Be sure to travel with someone who knows where they're at, cuz homie warned me that the 2 good markets are right on the border of gangsterville. Buying records on Ebay is much more comfortable than having to deal with these dudes....

Biter.

Get off the Joaquin.

I was channelling you. I feel dirty now

• street_muzikstreet_muzik 3,919 Posts
    While your there, go check out my dad's jazz club.

Papa Beto Jazz Bistro

It's in Mexico City