Dave Chappelle: The Lost Episodes

drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
edited July 2006 in Strut Central
Gahddamn, I can't be the only one who was happy to see something, anything new tonight from the dude. That shit was pretty on par with most of the second season material.What'd did you the rest of ya'll think?

Comments

• jazzercismjazzercism 838 Posts
    To me it wasn't that great. Each of the individual skits had funny concepts but then there was nothing more to them.

• behemothbehemoth 2,189 Posts
    i thought it was decent

very cryptic

you can tell Daves mind was only focused on the amount of money he was making

not necessarily in a good way

the 2Pac skit was great

i felt like the funny moments were excellent, but there was too much unfunny stuff in between

im looking forward to it

how they gonna release 3 episodes on DVD tho?

thats some bullshit

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts

not necessarily in a good way

the 2Pac skit was great

• hammertimehammertime 2,389 Posts

how they gonna release 3 episodes on DVD tho?

thats some bullshit

easy, they'll repackage the first and/or second season with the new episodes. that's business 101!

i thought the episode tonight was OK, nothing amazing...too much filler and shit.

• cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts
    I laughed my ass off!
    Help me Dave Chapelle your comedies only hope...

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    in the hip hop news skit, when tron was listing off the wu, he didn't mention ghostface. that couldn't have been an oversight. what the deal, dave?

• edulusedulus 421 Posts
    definitely felt that those were skits. i felt like that there was supposed to be more to do with the tron/wu-tang sketch.

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    in the hip hop news skit, when tron was listing off the wu, he didn't mention ghostface. that couldn't have been an oversight. what the deal, dave?

i thought i was going crazy...

the shit was funny. yeah, not funny as the last two seasons, but funny for its thrown-together-ness, ill be watching again next sunday.

• Lucious_FoxLucious_Fox 2,479 Posts

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts

Maybe "consumed" or "haunted" are better words to describe how Dave was feeling regarding money, fame, and friend loyalty. It all came out during those skits. Hell, most of the half hour was spent combatting those demons. It's really interesting now to see how that had such an influence on his artform.

• ZeusZeus 162 Posts
    RIP 2pac...

...I will

=

thats what i meant

you used better words haha

thats what i meant

you used your words better

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Considering that these are cobbled together episodes from an aborted season, with Chapelle feeling both pressured and skeptical about his own enterprise, it shouldn't be a surprise that the so-called "lost episodes" are going to be kind of weak in comparison to the previous two seasons.

Watching last night's ep with low expectations = not so bad. The Wu-Tang shit was for the Headz and the Tupac shit was just plain funny. the other stuff? Uh...

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    I need to get cable.

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
    i like how he had his actual wife and kid on that one skit (i think anyway?).

The 2pac skit was great. I'm interested to see more. I feel kind of guilty watching it though like Dave Chappelle doesn't want me to... But Charlie Murphy and the other dude put in a lot of work on that show, so it deserves to be seen. Maybe those 2 will have a new show together on Com Central soon...

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    I need to get cable.

Maybe not:

Chappelle's Lost Episodes to DVD[/b]
    The comedian's final clips bow in July.
    by David McCutcheon

June 30, 2006 - On July 25, 2006, Paramount Home Entertainment will release Chappelle's Show - The Lost Episodes (Uncensored) on DVD. The DVD will provide the three completed episodes from the canned third season of the hit television series, and will be available for the MSRP (Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price) of $24.99.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts

I'll be on the lookout.

I need to get cable.

Maybe not:

by David McCutcheon

June 30, 2006 - On July 25, 2006, Paramount Home Entertainment will release Chappelle's Show - The Lost Episodes (Uncensored) on DVD. The DVD will provide the three completed episodes from the canned third season of the hit television series, and will be available for the MSRP (Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price) of $24.99.

what a rip off! each of the entire previous seasons was that much on DVD. 3 episodes? $9.99 please...

• MondeyanoMondeyano Reykjavik 863 Posts
    I laughed my ass off!!!!!!
    Although the revenge bit got a bit too angry for my tastes that whole episode was on that fire-y tip!

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    I need to get cable.

Maybe not:

by David McCutcheon

what a rip off! each of the entire previous seasons was that much on DVD. 3 episodes? $9.99 please...

I think there's gonna be other stuff on there, too... other unaired skits and outtakes from seasons 1 & 2. Like the full versions of the pimps travelling through time and "sissy fight" skits and all that. I'm not 100% about that, but I believe that's what I heard. Still probably won't be worth $24.99, but you know Comedy Central's gonna try to milk every dime they can out of Chappelle's popularity.

Charlie Murphy & Ashy Larry with their own show? As much as I'd like to give that idea a thumbs up, I gotta say

i'd hope there would be at least an extra hour of material... either way i'm sure it'll be entertaining one way or another.

as far as ashy larry and charlie murphy, yeah i don't know if they would be as funny without chappelle, come to think of it. i'm starting to remember conversations about ashy larry's stand up not being very funny. you still gotta wonder though... what else are those guys gonna do now without chappelle? he pretty much put them on and dipped... i bet they're shooting for something comcentral related...

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    I need to get cable.
    NO

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    Mooney should have hosted ...

those two dudes are not funny without a script

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    Mooney should have hosted ...

those two dudes are not funny without a script

Yeah, I mean... Charlie Murphy is really just Eddie Murphy's thuggish brother. Now, he's funny as HELL just being himself and talking about stompin' muthafuckas out and schitt. But Charlie Murphy is NOT Eddie Murphy, okay? Dude should not be trying to be a real comedian, that's not what he is.

Mooney as host =
    What happened to his "Judge Mooney" show? Guess Comedy Central came to their senses and vetoed that idea. Give THAT nigga a weekly forum on national televison and it's

• as far as ashy larry and charlie murphy, yeah i don't know if they would be as funny without chappelle, come to think of it. i'm starting to remember conversations about ashy larry's stand up not being very funny. you still gotta wonder though... what else are those guys gonna do now without chappelle? he pretty much put them on and dipped... i bet they're shooting for something comcentral related...

Id take a Donnell Rawlings (ashy larry) show over Carlos Mencia any day.

• ja_bruceja_bruce 295 Posts

Id take a Donnell Rawlings (ashy larry) show over Carlos Mencia any day.

cosign, I don't see whats so crazy about that.