saying goodbye to 600/700 records today.....

upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts
edited July 2006 in Strut Central
im moving to a new appartment and i have this storage/loft room that im clearing out, this is records that ive parted with already, still it feels a bit weird though throwing them out but nobody wants them and its (i think..) 99% (if not 100%) crappy stuff so now im going to carry em all down to the dumpster !!! i'll bring my digital camara and take some photos of the lot, ive actually never thrown a record out to trash before... im posting acouple of pics when im finished with it, its quite a heavy carrying job...peace.

Comments

• canonicalcanonical 2,100 Posts
    why not re-donate them to thrifts?

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    I think I'll be tossing a box of terds in the garbage this Saturday. Dude, trashing records is damn near orgasmic.

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts
    why not re-donate them to thrifts?

ive tried that these last couple days, they only want them if i bring em myself and thats not possible right now...

a SHOUT goes out to my homeboy who just called me up from New York.. BIG UP Nick!!!

a SHOUT goes out to my homeboy who just called me up from New York.. BIG UP Nick!!!

you HAVE seen IT, you KNOW what it IS, and you know you DONT want it...right RIGHT !!!

• Imperial_MaoImperial_Mao 1,119 Posts
    Never thrown any into the rubbish but just finished my clearout this week and sold 900 plus records to my local store.

• coffinjoecoffinjoe 1,743 Posts
    I think I'll be tossing a box of terds in the garbage this Saturday. Dude, trashing records is damn near orgasmic.

RIGHT ON

gave away 3k last month
    (tossed out an equal #)
    never felt better !

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    FUCK YEAH, when I get home later today, I will throw 500 pieces through my window.

EVERYONE NOT DOING THIS IS A SOFT LITTLE PUSSY.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    I will burn another 500 as a sacrifice to the Record Gods.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    Purging records is a rush. I don't have the time nor patience to sell records. Not my thing.

Uh, JLR, this is raw...

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    I will build a wall with 5000 records, set it on fire and ride my bike through the wall.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    this is called EXTREME RECORD COLLECTING, b??tches!!!!!!!!

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    You probably shouldn't just throw them away..

because you probably have bad taste in music

sayin though..

- spidey

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
    i like to leave crates full of shitty vinyl at used record stores that i don't like and then never go and pick them up. that's fun.

actually felt sorta weird, here's the pics:

and finally:

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    I will build a wall with 5000 records, set it on fire and ride my bike through the wall.

Funniest shit I've ever read on the strut. lol

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts
    actually felt sorta weird, here's the pics:

and finally:

THAT CLEAR SOUND JUST WENT FOR 80 BUCKS! I SOLD IT TO SOME DUDE IN JAPAN!

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    throwing Heaven and Earth in the garbage? is it trashed?

I'm all for throwing away crap records, but for the love of god know what yer doing.

• throwing Heaven and Earth in the garbage? is it trashed?

I'm all for throwing away crap records, but for the love of god know what yer doing.

WTF? Are you puttin us on bro? Love "Da Capo". Surely you jest. And never throw away any records w/ naked breasts on them. Ever. What dumpster did you throw these in?

yeah i figured there'd might have been acouple of records worth something, was that a ebay auktion? was there more bidders than one?

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts

yeah i figured there'd might have been acouple of records worth something, was that a ebay auktion? was there more bidders than one?
    ha..i'm just messing with you my man. i have no idea, but i think that's the risk of purging records; letting a few winners slip. But having more space/less material goods is whats up. I'm about to do a huge purge this month (I hope..fingers crossed).

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Yo, Neighborhood P - I'm going to do a stoop sale in about two weeks to unload 200-400 records too. You want to join forces?

Holla.

ha..i'm just messing with you my man. i have no idea, but i think that's the risk of purging records; letting a few winners slip. But having more space/less material goods is whats up. I'm about to do a huge purge this month (I hope..fingers crossed).

thats funny, well actually its more near mint and its one of the few that i actually didnt throw out, not that its a record im diggin it has a couple moments like on the last track (i like me some dope folk though) but the reason i saved this joint was cause ive seen it posted on soulstrut like a zillion times...

WTF? Are you puttin us on bro? Love "Da Capo". Surely you jest. And never throw away any records w/ naked breasts on them. Ever. What dumpster did you throw these in?

yeah ive come across that one acouple times, the one i threw out was a -VG vinyl...

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts

that's a $25 record in the SEXY NUDE COVER ebay game.

that's a $25 record in the SEXY NUDE COVER ebay game.

i kinda regret trashin that one, that cover is definately

• pknypkny 549 Posts

Give yourself a mohawk and put electical tape on your nipples when you do it, or you're soft.

• Records need to be kept in circulation. The records may be turd but you can find dope loops in the turdiest of records. Thrift stores would love such a donation. Where is your conscience? What the fuck are you doing getting rid of Love's 'Da Capo'? Did you only ever listen to the B-side? Turn the record over, there are some bangers on the A-side. It's not all overlong aimless blues workouts.

• mcdeemcdee 871 Posts
    theres more than enough turds in circulation as it is

• theres more than enough turds in circulation as it is

Buying turds contributes to the learning process of digging. Turds are how you separate the men from the boys. If you see a kid picking up turds in a store it makes you feel superior. You can look down on him/her.