Is it a wrap for jigga?

BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
edited July 2006 in Strut Central
Seriously, .....after the hustlin remix verse, that beyonce blah has me kinda concerned. Not to give cam any credit cause hes done too. But what about the jigga man?

Comments

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    I mean, he a legend and all, but what about his chances at another classic? Speak on it.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    his first verse on deja vu is good but the second one is laughable

• yoigotbeatsyoigotbeats 1,667 Posts
    peep 44 fours

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SxwI2oj8dg8

the video quality is kinda weak, but I think the3 rhymes are well better than the 2 jawns you spoke upon....

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Seriously, .....after the hustlin remix verse, that beyonce blah has me kinda concerned.

Not to give cam any credit cause hes done too. But what about the jigga man?

Two wack cameos = end of a career?

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Seriously, .....after the hustlin remix verse, that beyonce blah has me kinda concerned.

Please be serious

• I totally agree with you. His new stuff simply isn't good. To me it's his new Southern energetic up down whisper slur flow that I don't like more then his lyrics.

I liked his plain old NY monotone flow. Check where I'm from or It's like that.. for examples.

Change is bad.

Please be serious

Glad to see you still have faith in ole dude. Im not gonna be the one that says i want him to be washed up, but does he have another classic in him?

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    after the hustlin remix verse

I think this is his worst verse evar ......

I wouldnt know for sure because i fast forwaded through that shit ...no lie

Imagine Hova The Great ruining the remix of a classic song

Stay Tuned .....

• Dear Jay-Z,

Please make a new album that is really good. I would like that a lot.

Thanks,
    H to the E-A, T to the izz-H

after the hustlin remix verse

I think this is his worst verse evar ......

I wouldnt know for sure because i fast forwaded through that shit ...no lie

Imagine Hova The Great ruining the remix of a classic song

Stay Tuned .....

See, this is the thing. Hov is the rap mike jordan. Jordan on the wizards was still jordan, but the glory was gone.

I dont know about an album about chilling on a boat with beyonce and the day to day drag of executive life.

Mabye hov will finally be the one to make a REAL midlife rap album, but thats gonna be an even bigger challenge than he has ever faced before.

And it HAS to be phenomenal, or else it will be looked at as falling off. Its a tough situation to be in.

Especially when wayne is legitamately gunning for his spot.

Ok, if you're going to insist on this silly Micheal Jordan comparison, last time I checked, the FIRST TIME Jordan retired, he switched games, kind of embarassed himself, then came back and WON THREE MORE FUCKING CHAMPIONSHIPS. Then he retired, again, came back with the Wizards...and THEN the glory was gone.

So unless I missed when Jay-Z's previous retirement was, this current hiatus could be seen as Jay's White Sox era. But he's still got three more seasons of glory to go.

• yoigotbeatsyoigotbeats 1,667 Posts
    Is anyone that is commenting actually listening to 44 FOURS??? I mean it blazes the two jawns this thread is stuck on stupid about.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    the greatest Mc evar ...

leaves in his prime.....

comes back....

not just rusty ...

but almost sucks ....

Does this take anything away from his career ? Of course not

but.....i dont think the stage could have been set any better than "Deja Vu" & "Hustlin (remix)" ........

I'm not saying it IS a wrap .....but,things are not looking good

maybe he knew something

My peoples...I luh ya'l but this talk is just beyond silly.

Why don't you wait for Jay-Z to drop a wack ALBUM and then debate if he's fallen off. There's a lot of going on here.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Seriously...

• My peoples...I luh ya'l but this talk is just beyond silly.

Why don't you wait for Jay-Z to drop a wack ALBUM and then debate if he's fallen off. There's a lot of going on here.

I hear what you're saying, but nobody is commenting on how Jay's flow is nothing like reasonable doubt through blueprint. He still had that flow a little bit on the black album but that's when it began changing.

Reguardless of the songs mentioned... If he's using that whiny whisper bullshit flow to me.. no matter what he does HE CAN'T DROP ANOTHER CLASSIC. Jay Z just doesn't sound like Jay Z anymore.

NY FLOW IS

• maocontentmaocontent 559 Posts
    My peoples...I luh ya'l but this talk is just beyond silly.

I hear what you're saying, but nobody is commenting on how Jay's flow is nothing like reasonable doubt through blueprint. He still had that flow a little bit on the black album but that's when it began changing.

Reguardless of the songs mentioned... If he's using that whiny whisper bullshit flow to me.. no matter what he does HE CAN'T DROP ANOTHER CLASSIC. Jay Z just doesn't sound like Jay Z anymore.

NY FLOW IS

He still sounded like the classic Jay-Z you know & love two weeks ago at the Nokia Theatre.

• ^that's becasue he was performing old stuff. He HAS it in him to do a classic. I don't doubt that. He's just not doing that stuff anymore.

I highly reccomend buying the XXL which has the making of reasonable doubt. It's really good. Plus Jay talks about the whole time period and how when he listens to it it's like he's another guy on that album then he is now. Amazing read.

haha, i enjoyed odubs further exploration of the jordan comparisom.

I really hope he drops another classic, but you gotta figure, the bar is set pretty fucking high at this point.

44 fours is okay.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    I think he's pretty clearly past his prime.

There's a lot of going on around here.

This schitt is ridiculous.

You little dudes are really ready to write Jigga off on the basis of two subpar verses?

He's dropped dozens of forgettable guest verses on the past (remember his verse on Big Boi's album? Me neither), and nobody has ever attenpted to suggest that they heralded the end of his career.

P.S.: I am drunk and focussed right now, so I suggest you liitle dudes not to test.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    drunk and focussed

Sayin' though - a faux_rillz post with typos is
    almost as rare as a Guzzo post without typos!

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts
    drunk and focussed

Dude, shhhhh! Don't tet!

drunk and focussed

That is the continental spelling--get familiar.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    remember his verse on Big Boi's album? Me neither

then why do i recall you professing your admiration for gucci flip flops?

as an interlude...

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    Yeah wtf his verse on flip flop rock was hot.

I just can't fuck with the vast majority of his post-retirement verses. Its not just one or two. Every other verse he's had is like sports references + boring same-old shit about his rap career. Remember when he used to rap about things?

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    Yeah wtf his verse on flip flop rock was hot.

I never said that.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    I can't honestly say i've listened to any part of that album in the last 2 years but going on memory, it was

I reserve the right to shift judgement if i ever have the urge to listen to speakerboxx/lovebelow in the next year.

I can't honestly say i've listened to any part of that album in the last 2 years but going on memory, it was

I reserve the right to shift judgement if i ever have the urge to listen to speakerboxx/lovebelow in the next year.

Judge for yourselves:

When I'm in the mood I rock the S Dot tennis shoes
    At the interlude, I got the Gucci flip-flops
    And I, fix it up like gin and juice when I'm them interviews
    dudes wanna know what he copped
    And where you got that, and how could they buy that
    Where the million dollar watch at, stop that!
    Why that, why this, niggaz wanna hijack the flyness
    I'm on a whole 'nother plane
    A whole different lane, a whole 'nother game that I'm playin
    Understand what I'm sayin
    Hov' and OutKast, whatchu think about that?
    Really don't matter though what you niggaz chatter though
    Anybody get out of line then you trust
    that the mac'll go b-r-r-r-r-ap, got you killed for that alone
    Back on the shit, back on the strip
    Another hit I'm not gon' miss

Delivery was kind of tepid as well.