Your Top 5's for the week

GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
edited May 2005 in Strut Central
1) your Boy is Back (at work)[/b] - so I'm not sure how much detail I gave the board about this, but I had to leave my previous job about a month ago after a combination of issues came up (school intereference, fathers health, Hollywood typical bullshit, etc.) Burned some bridges with my leaving and went into a 2 week long panic attack about "never working in this town again". Well now its all back on track. got the call earlier this week and I begin work on a new show starting Sunday.

2) Girls, Girls Girls[/b] ...I do adore. shit goes in streaks and right now I can't complain. I'm telling you there is no better way to go to sleep than to have a beautiful girl whisper "good night" into your ear.

3) Anthony Pearson[/b] - Ain't seen dude since his recent move but during my little work stoppage AP has shined through as a true friend. I couldn't begin writing all the positive shit he's done for my down & out self over the last few weeks but its all appreciated and I'm glad to have a friend like that in my life.

4) Upcoming project that you all will be clowing me for for days years[/b] - can't talk too much on it yet. But trust me y'all will definitly get a kick out of it.

5) Reversed the Racism [/b] - I've had this film professor that has dropped little bits of anti-semitism on me all semester. (Blaming "those people" for Mel Gibson not getting a Best picture nod for The Passion, calling me in class by other Jewish last names) But somehow it's all ended not only that but she now is helping me get future jobs in Hollywood. I now have her to thank for getting me an internship at ABC which, hopefully, could springboard into something very huge.

Bonus Beat) Star Wars [/b] - went in expecting to not like it, walked out loving it. Great science fiction happy Hollywood stuff that everyone needs to enjoy once in a while.

fuck a bottom 5 its Friday...keep it upbeat!

Comments

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    why did you strikethrough your own post?

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    faux rills got me trained

• soulrezsoulrez 565 Posts
    Burned some bridges with my leaving and went into a 2 week long panic attack about "never working in this town again"

wow you burn bridges? thats very to believe...

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    Damn drez,

I think its time you get rid of that chip on your shoulder

aint got one dawg, just tired of your fake ass... why dont you call me a dick or an asshole? ohh wait it's cuz i live on the west coast & you might actually see me make a rill world move...

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    Post deleted by Guzzo

• Options
    >0.

K.

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts
    uh...sekkle down chil'rens

1.29 a gallon
    1). new ohmegga watts single. Shit made me feel insecure of my music.

2). Trully Mediterannean Schwerma (sp). My mouth exploded with flavor *AY YO*

3). DJ Willow. I saw that dude on wednesday, that fucker had some disgusting scratches and some heavy psych rock records

4). I'm Sayin' Though Mixtape [/b]. It's pretty much done, just need it to get mastered or whatever and BOOM IT's ON!

5). Some pretty good upcoming gigs and events that I would like to see. Going out maybe "whats up".

bonus: Coping Keek's "Super Hyphy" on vinyl. "I'm in the building and I'm feeling like YEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeee!"

2.59 a gallon

ahh fuck it...

Post deleted by Guzzo

that was bout the best look you made to date...

• slushslush 691 Posts
    Cape Dolphin

1. eating salad after your meal (northern italian style)

2. ganja and hess

3. sittin sideways

4. tiombe lockhart

5. the girl at queen st. video on queen st.

Cape Dissapointment

1. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

2. "ENTREPRENEURS"

3. power trips/assholes

4. crazy people who steal things

its friday but im not enjoying my day. sorry

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    Post deleted by Guzzo

that was bout the best look you made to date...

seriously you need to quit. you got an issue you can either respond to my PM's give me a call or not bother with it at all.

no need to play this role

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

top...

1.1st born turning 18 months in few days. she's killing it w/ the vocab. yesterday she dropped swimming, bubbles, sissy, and cheese.
    2.Wife deciding to go to law school & the possibility of buying a house on 4 acres in NC.
    3. Got a bunch of good records for cheap in the last few weeks.
    4. Vicodin & Bacardi b4 bed.

public restroom floor.

1. Reconstructive surgery on my right hand due to a coffee pot shattering and slicing my tendon while I did the dishes.
    2.This fucking cast I'm wearing for 4 weeks & the 4 weeks of therapy to follow.
    3.I HAVE NO HEALTH INSURANCE.
    4.Trying to wipe your ass w/ your left hand.
    5. Turning down gigs because I have one hand.

• DCarfagnaDCarfagna 983 Posts
    UP
    1. The new R. Kelly single, that "Closet" shit.
    2. The new R. Kelly single, that "Closet" shit.
    3. The new R. Kelly single, that "Closet" shit.
    4. The new R. Kelly single, that "Closet" shit.
    5. The new R. Kelly single, that "Closet" shit.

DOWN
    1. The way I felt AFTER I heard the new R. Kelly single, that "Closet" shit.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    1. eating salad after your meal (northern italian style)
    2. ganja and hess

1.yes. better for digestion
    2.yes, yes and yes. such a weird quiet and sexy film.

• Options

the girl at queen st. video on queen st.

• SexyBNyceSexyBNyce 371 Posts
    UP
    1. The new R. Kelly single, that "Closet" shit.
    2. The new R. Kelly single, that "Closet" shit.
    3. The new R. Kelly single, that "Closet" shit.
    4. The new R. Kelly single, that "Closet" shit.
    5. The new R. Kelly single, that "Closet" shit.

DOWN
    1. The way I felt AFTER I heard the new R. Kelly single, that "Closet" shit.

I pull out my baretta

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    Hai

1. Wifey just got back from a two week business trip to China. I left work and saw her at the airport on my lunchbreak. On her way home to rest. HAPPY! HAPPY! HAPPY!

2. Wifey just got back from a two week business trip to China. I left work and saw her at the airport on my lunchbreak. On her way home to rest. HAPPY! HAPPY! HAPPY!

3. Wifey just got back from a two week business trip to China. I left work and saw her at the airport on my lunchbreak. On her way home to rest. HAPPY! HAPPY! HAPPY!

4. Wifey just got back from a two week business trip to China. I left work and saw her at the airport on my lunchbreak. On her way home to rest. HAPPY! HAPPY! HAPPY!

5. Wifey just got back from a two week business trip to China. I left work and saw her at the airport on my lunchbreak. On her way home to rest. HAPPY! HAPPY! HAPPY!

I'm so happy she's home, I can't even think of stuff I'm mad at to do a bottom five!

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    1. Graduation - Yesterday was a most beautiful Thursday in Philadelphia and I was proud to cross the stage with plenty of family to witness it, including both sets of Grandparents. Grad school has been the most challenging and rewarding thing I've gone through but I'm SO glad it's over.

2. Meeting the parents - My girl met my moms for the first time the other day. She came over and hung out for pizza and to catch the Pistons game. I sat at the table with a 'happy lump' in my throat watching them go back and forth talking about anything and everything! Couldn't even get a word in besides the occasional smart remark. Really glad that went over as well as it did.

3. J.O.B. - I'm a few days away from Human Resources processing the application for my first full-time job and am expecting an offer, likely on Monday.

4. A.P.T. - After the severely depressing apartment tour I went on a couple days ago, I was elated to get a call back from a girl who's moving out of a DOPE crib that I've had my eye and hopes on. If all goes well, I'll be living fat city real soon.

5. Being alive - healthy, happy and loved. Couldn't ask for much more than that.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    1. Graduation - Yesterday was a most beautiful Thursday in Philadelphia and I was proud to cross the stage with plenty of family to witness it, including both sets of Grandparents. Grad school has been the most challenging and rewarding thing I've gone through but I'm SO glad it's over.

2. Meeting the parents - My girl met my moms for the first time the other day. She came over and hung out for pizza and to catch the Pistons game. I sat at the table with a 'happy lump' in my throat and watch them go back and forth and talk about anything and everything! Couldn't get a word in. Really glad that went over as well as it did.

3. J.O.B. - I'm a few days away from Human Resources processing the application for my first full-time job and am expecting an offer, likely on Monday.

4. A.P.T. - After the severely depressing apartment tour I went on a couple days ago, I was elated to get a call back from a girl who's moving out of a DOPE crib that I've had my eye and hopes on. If all goes well, I'll be living fat city real soon.

5. Being alive - healthy, happy and loved. Couldn't ask for much more than that.

now that's how to do a top five!
    congratulations.

• coselmedcoselmed 1,114 Posts

W-what, you my master now? I'm supposed to listen to your punk ass?????

Congrats on getting your paper, mayne.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    BONUS ???[/b]

I had a beer with my Grandfather for the first time. We snuck off from the rest of the family at the Reading Terminal Market to the pub. I had to introduce him to Lager, since it was only his second trip to Illadelph. Felt a bit like two kings at the royal table just shooting the shit together. Apparently, he's not too fond of crabs either.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey,

Here are the "plus" fives for the week:

1. Wifey and I celebrated our 6th wedding anniversary.

2. A "tough" semester is OOOOOOOOOOOVER!!!!!

3. I finally finished a first draft of a paper on a new research topic for me (i.e., required lots of preparatory reading).

4. A former advisor offered me a job (which I declined because the university is in the deep South). This is flattering and a good omen for next year's job search (i.e., I hate Milwaukee).

5. I'm continuing to drop weight (Yeeeeeeaaaaa!!!!!).

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• Sun_FortuneSun_Fortune 1,374 Posts
    nothing extremely up or down so I'll say

second floor walkup:

1. Quitting weed on Sunday
    2. The two headed baby survives
    3. RotS tickets
    4. Finished assistant editing first feature film
    5. An acquiantance of mine is getting married.

basement apartment:

1. Old Jaz disks starting to detioriorate. "SCSI Read error."
    2. Having to go to upstate New york to visit Girlf's aunt and uncle.
    3. Quitting weed on Sunday.
    4. Was not invited to wedding.
    5. My dissapointment after seeing RotS.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    upz

1. weekend
    2. weekend digs
    3. weekend records
    4. weekend dinner party
    5. weekend tv show, haha

downz

1. sell stacks
    2. ebay
    3. the innanet
    4. the single life
    5. extra pounds

• asprinasprin 1,765 Posts

DREWN
    DREWN
    DREWN
    DREWN
    DREWN

bottom

GRAPHWRITAH
    GRAPHWRITAH
    GRAPHWRITAH
    GRAPHWRITAH
    GRAPHWRITAH

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    Hi,

The Good

1) Hanging out with Wild Style director Charlie Ahearn. This guy is really cool. Before the showing of Wild Style, he put on a slide show & just told stories about Caz, Busy Bee, etc...Totally amazing.

2) Family BBQ tomorrow. Will get to see some folks I haven't seen in a minute.

3) This will be my first weekend off from work in a few weeks & lotusland is visiting town. It'll be cool to meet dude. I see Pakoras & Nan coming...

4) There's a good vibe @ work right now; my staff are cool & things are beginning to come together.

5) Its sunny & warm out! Summer's coming!

The Doo Doo

1) There are only 24 hours in a day. It ain't enough right now.

2) My back is bothering me. This is the weekend I finally sign up for yoga.

3) Women.

4) Dudes on ebay who don't know how to grade records.

5) I gotta do laundry. I went to a meeting today in track pants...

Peace

h

• 1. slangin boxed nintendo games for boocoo cash on ebay.

2. my new haircut(no fade).

3. coppin some RIDIKILIS sealed records at an un-tapped (and undisclosed) LA spot.

4. eye candy heffas in line at the post office.

5. the weather.

• ayresayres 1,452 Posts
    Yankees

1 Mississippi weather
    2 Mississippi food
    3 yard work
    4 wife not beefing about skipping out on lame family friend's wedding to dj
    5 aforementioned R Kelly song (I gotta know what happens next!)
    6 new Crash

Knicks

1 Mississippi people (depressing)
    2 this fucking mixtape I have to turn in next week - they want hip-hop, reggaeton, bhangra and rock and mash-ups but it all has to fit the theme of prison injustice and immigration discrimination. it's a tall order.
    3 my crazy mom and her various mental illnesses/addictions. it's a lot easier to deal with when I'm a thousand miles away
    4 construction on my street and remodelling in my building means it is loud as hell all day here
    5 my friend's apartment building was condemned so she is homeless. she can sleep on our couch as long as she wants but I don't love it when her dog shits on our floor.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    1. Giving my credit card a little workout and getting my summer wardrobe right.

2. Fresh new flip flops & big sunglasses.

3. One more semester finished. Time to re-r-e-l-a-x.

4. Replaced my broken printer today.

5. Looking forward to some epic digging adventures with Crink.

p.s. Congratulations Drewn!

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    75 degrees:

1. Getting to learn bookkeeping stuff at my part-time job, which will hopefully lead me to bigger and better things in the future.

2. been picking up nice records lately for cheap (knock on wood.)

3. i cleaned my room today! it looks lovely.

4. my girl is coming to LA for the weekend.

5. been just over 3 months since quitting smoking.

55 degrees:

1. no money. this month, i replaced my tires and bought new contact lenses. it ain't no joke when you're broke.

2. Annoying co-worker who hums and sings to herself ALL DAMN DAY! driving me nuts. luckily this is not my permanent workplace...i will have to put up with it for just a little longer.