Beat Of The Year (Thus Far)

UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts
edited July 2006 in Strut Central
Discussing this at work yesterday, thought I'd pose the question to the 'strut. Top mentions in our discussion were What You Know Riding Dirty Hustlin. Also mentioned were Crazy, Kick Push, Stay Fly ('05?) and Poppin my Collar (half jokin). We also decided that anyone nominating Touch It should get smacked. Whatchyou know bout dat? Let the hateration begin....

Comments

• AaronAaron 977 Posts
    What You Know. Kind of like those huge disco epics like Just Friends that fills up the room.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Beat/Dub/Instramental or Song? Please specify before it spirals into somethin' else.

And this year so far meaning January to June/July?

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts
    Thought from the title and examples sighted this would be clear, but....

Which song, that came out in 2006, has the best beat?

That is all....

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    promiscuous

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    promiscuous

MVP like Steve Nash?

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    promiscuous

MVP like Steve Nash?
    i mean as much as i wanna nominate some gangsta shit this is what it is so far

edit: only wear my white tee once was last year but if it was this year, i would be all about that shit. ayanna's shake ya fatty has one of my favorite beats in recent memory too but that shit never got any push at all.

good one, timbo came correct again and it was conspicously absent from my list. But you really think its killin 'what you know'? Is hip hop so bad in '06 that the hottest beat of the year 6 months in is Nelly Furtado??!?!?

ayanna's shake ya fatty

please to post someone....

• Pistol_PetePistol_Pete 1,289 Posts
    Although it's not out yet - anyone hear that Timbaland track he did for Kelis - Running Mate? That beat is incredible.

• AaronAaron 977 Posts
    Promiscuous sounds like something that would be used in a McDonald's commercial. Or was it already?

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    Although it's not out yet - anyone hear that Timbaland track he did for Kelis - Running Mate? That beat is incredible.
    yes
    it's on vinyl with instrumental for the "about to hate me" 12" but the sound quality of the track is god awful. the tracks been out for a while but only vinyl pressing is that as far as i know

that shit is why timbaland is one of the greatest of all time though

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    ayanna's shake ya fatty

please to post someone....
    probably not for everyone but oh well
    http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=136ECFC953867470

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    Erryday im hustlin or its goin down.

...But seriously, its nelly furtado.

• BeatChemistBeatChemist 1,465 Posts
    That Shake Ya Fatty track is terrible. Straight up hot garbage. I can't believe someone mentioned it as beat of the year...

That said... I'll wager that it does get the girls shaking their "faties"... so... job well done. But beat of the year? Ugh.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    ok, first of all, i'm the only one posting about that shit so instead of "someone" you can just say "Brian." like i said, shit aint for everyone and shit is something you will not appreciate blasting out of your ipod earphones. also, i don't think someone named "Beatchemist" is going to appreciate any kind of shit like that, no offense.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Riding the fence between '05 and '06:
    Hell Yeah - San Quinn & E-A-Ski
    Swang - Trae

'O6 all the way:
    Bumpin' My Music - Ray Cash
    Chunk Up the Deuce - Lil Keke

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts
    yes

it's on vinyl with instrumental for the "about to hate me" 12" but the sound quality of the track is god awful. the tracks been out for a while but only vinyl pressing is that as far as i know

the saadiq track on that 12'' is way dooooooope.

• BELIEVEBELIEVE 257 Posts
    Why half-joke about Poppin my Collar? It may not be #1 tops, but even so....

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    yes

the saadiq track on that 12'' is way dooooooope.
    i haven't listened to it yet i did like the saaqid tracks on tasty though

archaic, let's throw in the swang remix and ill definitely agree with chunk up the deuce and bumping my music

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts

What You Know

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    That Shake Ya Fatty track is terrible. Straight up hot garbage. I can't believe someone mentioned it as beat of the year...