Bluetooth Earpiece = Ultimate NAGL??

chungtechchungtech 290 Posts
edited June 2006 in Strut Central
So...whadda thinks of people who walk around with these on? Is it just me or do people look RIDICULOUS. Maybe I'm just stone ages because I don't use one, but to me it looks like some weird spawn of a y2k meets terminator 2 movie where people have gone cyborg and have embraced their new way

Comments

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    I don't have a problem with it but wonder how some people can be so popular that they need their Bluetooth on all day.

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts
    So...whadda thinks of people who walk around with these on? Is it just me or do people look RIDICULOUS. Maybe I'm just stone ages because I don't use one, but to me it looks like some weird spawn of a y2k meets terminator 2 movie where people have gone cyborg and have embraced their new way

hey, if Raj wears one, it can't be THAT bad.

• ladydayladyday 623 Posts
    I agree. Something about the wanting to shout to the world, "I am expecting a call ANY MOMENT, and when they do I'LL BE READY" makes it seem to me the person is supremely desperate to be cool.

I'm not so familiar with how they work, but why not just carry it on your person until you need it and then stick it in your ear?

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

LOBOT[/b]

• djannadjanna 1,543 Posts
    ugh. I hate these.

One of my classmates wears his everyday- like wtf. All of our cellphones are off, we're in class, take that shit off! Well, he also wears a dick pack and sunglasses holder around his neck so go figure, I guess it goes with the ensemble.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    SIK

• Now cipher. The true and living mathematics is:

Bluetooth earpiece = serious NAGL.

Bluetooth earpiece + sunglasses indoors and/or after dark = ultimate NAGL.

Knowledge god.

• snosno 332 Posts
    My head hurts whenever one of these earpiece is activated. I can understand it's handy when you need to answer calls while driving, but walking around with these earpieces...they can't walk and hold the phone at the same time?

That said, I like using Bluetooth to transfer breaks onto my phone as ringtones.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,889 Posts
    Lobot is a good one... We also used to call some bloke here "LaForge (AKA Star Trek dude with perma-visor) for never taking his off. The flashing ones are the worst. At least Lobot said f*ck-all...

Re: use of breaks as ring tones. I am always staggered by how unsuitable the best stuff is for audibility outside. I used to have "Teen Town" (Weather Report tune with Jaco's killer bass) but it just doesn't cut it when walking down a crowded street. I also used to have Bruce Lee "You have offended me... and you have offended the Shaolin Temple [cue sound of flinging fists]".

F*cking useless for a ringtone.

Currently rocking Soil & Pimp Sessions "Summer Goddess". Nice piercing horns from the first second.

• OutsiderOutsider 59 Posts
    2 is the way to go.

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts

I didn't read anything in this thread... BUT THE COW IS HOLDING THE LAMP IN HIS MOUTH!!!! SHIT IS WICKED AWSOME!!!

Oh, and the elastic band cell holder is some funny shit.

• hammertimehammertime 2,389 Posts

those Subway commercials have made him a celebrity...I'm sure his shit is ringing off the hook.

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    I rock the bluetooth headset...better than getting a ticket for driving with your cel on. I'm on the road quite a bit, this IS LA.

plus I got a demanding boss who calls a lot and lots of fools that call me so it just makes my life easier. I dig em.

• I like using Bluetooth to transfer breaks onto my phone as ringtones.

Cosine.

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts

• LuckyLaneLuckyLane 35 Posts
    use of breaks as ring tones.

I just joined the 21st century and upgraded to a phone that can actually download custom ringtones. Anyplace to find these for free, or am I going to have to pay for that ish?

• Maybe this question makes me a NAGL, but what exactly is a NAGL?

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts
    Maybe this question makes me a NAGL, but what exactly is a NAGL?
    not a good look. it saves us from looking at that common graemlin...not as common as a RHKTD, but certainly not

anyways, i think this technology should be transfered to headphones. a nice cheap wireless headphone would be a GL IMO

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts
    maaaaaaan...what about people who rock Blue Tooth as a fashion statement "in the club"; like i'm on some "HEY IM MAKIN' MOVES EVEN WHILE IM STRIKING OUT AT THE CLUB AND HOLDING UP THE WALL!"

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    maaaaaaan...what about people who rock Blue Tooth as a fashion statement "in the club"; like i'm on some "HEY IM MAKIN' MOVES EVEN WHILE IM STRIKING OUT AT THE CLUB AND HOLDING UP THE WALL!"
    Yes this is probably the essence of Not A Good Look. It says a lot about someone's personality if they go out like this.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Let's revisit this thread in 6 months when all you doos sack-up and go bluetooth out of convenience.

Frontin' like Dilla didn't have a vision:

Dis BT, you dis yourself.

(quote me)

Let's revisit this thread in 6 months when all you doos sack-up and go bluetooth out of convenience.

(quote me)
    But what if you up in the club not talking to ANYONE, stunting with a Bluetooth??

Yeah...OK, no sympathy for that kind of jack move.

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    I call them "star trek hamburger drive through thingys"

NAGL.

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts

(quote me)
    But what if you up in the club not talking to ANYONE, stunting with a Bluetooth??

DILLA CAN DO NO WRONG b/w DUDE WAS ( ) ACTUALLY MAKING MOVES w/ BONUS BEAT: HE WAS PROVIDING THE SOUNDTRACK FOR NAGL-ERS TO HOLD UP THE WALL AND STRIKE OUT

but yo..

what about people who rock IPODS in the club? I've seen this twice. It's really on some "I don't like your music so I brought my own..."

what about people who rock IPODS in the club?
    You have got to be shitting me.

what about people who rock IPODS in the club? I've seen this twice. It's really on some "I don't like your music so I brought my own..."

No way. So now people are just asking to have their face smashed by the DJ?

• chungtechchungtech 290 Posts

now that's some shit that really doesn't make sense, but then again i have a friend who goes out to clubs and brings his laptop with him to "do work". it's one thing to do it in a coffee shop, another to go out to a club to do it! i also think it's funny that there are clubs like the dna lounge in sf where there you can check your email or myspace in front of EVERYONE which is also venturing on the NAGL zone.

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts

(quote me)

yeah, dilla is allowed to wear one, he was rolling a spliff in this picture (at least he pulled out some green out of a bag, they edited it out), but I would say the use of these things helps to establish more tolerance for bigger hearing aid devices