King Of The Beats? Info Needed

kidinquisitivekidinquisitive 1,627 Posts
edited June 2006 in Strut Central
I found a sealed copy of this album today, I guess it's the 2nd (Dan The)Automator release. Has anyone had any luck selling this for decent money? Is the music any good?

Comments

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    Is the music any good?

open it and listen to it... no use basing opinions on other peoples tastes!

peace.

• Is the music any good?

open it and listen to it... no use basing opinions on other peoples tastes!

peace.

I hear you and ordinarily I would, but I mostly just picked it up to resell it. Not something I would keep unless it's really not worth anything.

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts

i thought we used to have a weaksauce graemlin

open that shit

• i thought we used to have a weaksauce graemlin

open that shit

Naw, I'm not going to open it. I'll admit, my motives are not pure. I just want to find out if I can make a few bucks on this junk or not. If no one feels like helping me out, that's cool, it's not a big deal to me.

• Imperial_MaoImperial_Mao 1,119 Posts
    I have one of these, don't think it's worth much though...one nice track and the rest is pretty okish...

Oh and just out of curiosity what was the 1st release ???

• I have one of these, don't think it's worth much though...one nice track and the rest is pretty okish...

According to the internets, Music To Be Murdered By was his first release (possible he did some production work for others prior to that though). Thanks for your response.

• Imperial_MaoImperial_Mao 1,119 Posts
    I have one of these, don't think it's worth much though...one nice track and the rest is pretty okish...

According to the internets, Music To Be Murdered By was his first release (possible he did some production work for others prior to that though). Thanks for your response.

No problem...

Sometimes a simple question just needs a simple answer...

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
    i've heard (and i thought i saw a pic of one once) that he did a record in the late 80s that many don't know about. is that Music to be Murdered By?

• ZuffNomedZuffNomed 42 Posts
    I liked it when it came out.
    Given the time/era, it was dope. Think he did that piece on the Studio 440 too.
    The MC was "MC Twan" right?

There was another joint with King Tech & some other cats, it's a green label record.
    He looped up 900 # + some JB's.
    More electro sounding.

Music to be Murdered was a popular break joint back when it came out, I remember everyone was playing it, this when the Bay mobile DJ scene was huge.

PEACE.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    I had the Music to be Murdered rekord a few years back. Didn't sell it for much as I remember. But it's worth having just for the jacket alone.