New Nas "Where Y'all At"

2»

Comments

• haze25haze25 759 Posts

It is now obvious that luring Nas to Def Jam was part of a masterplan to put the final nail in dude's coffin by executive producing his album and ensuring that it is as massive of a terd as can be imagined.

funny shit mr.rillz.

but realy though, is nas just gonna deliberately keep fucking up his own career ever 4 to 5 years? he knows his limits as far as record sales, he mentions in many interviews that it's "never been about the sales with me".he needs to just put out a respectable first street single then hit us with whatever 2 radio singles and it's 1 to 2 million sold.then he can deliver the good shit on the rest of the full length for the die hards.

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts
    "And if you want it bangin', you call the dudes with the bangers." In this case, the dudes are...hip hop's newest "it" producer, Will.i.am of the Black Eyed Peas.

What "bangers" has Will turned out exactly?

his own LP BBE was real dope, that I love my chick by busta, ....umm all of the B.E.P. crap. Man even that Sergio Mendez had some dope cuts (a lot of terds though).

NO.

The cornball does have good beats. Trust me I want to be mad, but I can't...and because I said so.

Also when I say bangers I mean being able to make some nice music and/or produce hits.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    The hook is weak but the rest of this song is nice enough that it doesn't matter

agreed. but this song is not strong enough to carry/lead off an album. nice b-side material but that's about it.

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    the song is

• MjukisMjukis 1,675 Posts
    The hook is weak but the rest of this song is nice enough that it doesn't matter

Recycling an old verse for a chorus - why not? Recycling part of a relatively new chorus for a chorus - not the best of looks. I'm loving the vibe though. I'd love a Fishscale-style album from Nas, but looking at that producer list, I dunno... Maybe the next album.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts

Recycling an old verse for a chorus - why not? Recycling part of a relatively new chorus for a chorus - not the best of looks. I'm loving the vibe though. I'd love a Fishscale-style album from Nas, but looking at that producer list, I dunno... Maybe the next album.

And let's not forget that he recycled the hook of his last lead single (and the title of his album) from his own shit too.

And let's not forget that he recycled the hook of his last lead single (and the title of his album) from his own shit too.

The (enviromentally) conscious MC!

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts

agreed. but this song is not strong enough to carry/lead off an album. nice b-side material but that's about it.

yea I agree with you both. Good to hear that he's still putting out raw tracks though. we all know how the majority of 'hip-hop' sounds nowadays so it's good to hear some more gritty style tracks. still one of my favorite mcs.

• TSGTSG 274 Posts
    this is kind of growing on me...

• can someone reup this song..the original link has expired.